• Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for N'Zogbia 87)

Given: 5 - didn't drop any clangers but wasn't his best performance either.

Hutton: 5 Got forward well at times but still a liability

Dunne: 7 Brave performance but still has to take some responsibility for the team's shite defending

Collins: 4 He cost us the game even if we didn't deserve to win

Warnock: 6 Consistent but gave away possession too often

Herd: 5 Did ok but is he any better than Ireland or Delph?

Petrov: 8 MOM

Heskey: 5 Physically good at times but little else

Zog: 7 Best performance in a Villa shirt but still needs to get better

Gabby: 6 Did well but needed some end product

Bent: 4 Useless really

Albrighton for Zog: Too little time to rate

AM clueless and hopefully jobless before christmas

Unfortunately that will not happen. We gave him 3 year contract and you can bet our clueless board will stubbornly back even if bottom of league by then.

Result wise McWaank has not done that bad but he is woeful appointment and should never have been appointed.

Heskey in **** midfield again , can't defend set pieces . AWful manager. Such a shit appointment.

we are a weak weak team in every sense....

mentally, physically and technically we don't have a **** clue.....

apart from 10 minutes in the second half we were woeful today and it was nailed on ever since Fir crotch named the same lacklustre line up that he does every week...

i got crucified for saying heskey was the managers bum boy but he **** is...how the guy was still on the pitch at the final whistle ill never know...

2 WINS IN 10 GAMES

**** you Randy

The thing is, we played quite well today, but when we took the lead both times, I was kinda expecting Sunderland to score, and they did. I thought Heskey played alright today, Warnock decent for the most part, N'Zogbia's best shift in a Villa shirt, Gabby always a problem, Petrov put in a shift and scored a great goal. We kept possession well for the 20 minutes before we scored the second goal. On the balance of play and good chances, we were the better side. 2 points dropped in the end. Norwich is a game we need to win now! We crap bricks when teams have set pieces against us, panic. Need to sort that.

Everyone out!

your one man crusade to try and make every poster look foolish for slagging the team off would have a much bigger impact if it came after a Villa victory...

yet every week all we hear is these snide comments even though weve just witnessed yet another awful performance...

tedious because your posts offer nothing

at least the people complaining are saying what is wrong about us

Given - 8 - solid, saved good free kick.

Hutton - 2 - would prefer Beye there

Collins - 6 - Great, then useless, no consistency

Dunne - 7 - Will do a job and scored

Warnock - 8 - Playing well, seems back to form

N'Zogbia - 6 - Best game but still no end product and gets pushed off the ball

Heskey - 3 - What is the point, he must have something he blackmails managers with

Herd - 5 - A warrior, but 50% will be great tackles and the rest will be sending offs!

Petrov - 7 - Fantastic finish, but far too defensive

Gabby - 9 - MOTM easily, works hard, chased and interlinked well

Bent - 7 - Either formations not suiting him or seriously off boil

Subs - not on long enough.

McLeish - he is turning us into Bloose; aggressive, long ball and no ideas.

We need to drop our 'h's' - Heskey should never be allowed near Villa Park again. Didn't see a single thing he did well, but on saying that I'd still say he wasn't the worst player on the pitch; Hutton is, well there are no words. Cuellar should be in. Or Clark. Or Beye. Or just play with 10 men - be safer! McLeish persevering because he's wasted a ton of cash on him. Herd, harsh to say drop him but he's not quite ready and I think we have better options available, be they Ireland, Albrighton or Bannan when back.

We ARE relegation candidates. We scraped through last year by having a quality squad that underperformed. Well we're still under performing and now we don't have a quality squad to fall back on. What an easy start we've had and we've won 2 games... I don't know how anyone can question this statement.

Our best first XI is Given, Cuelllar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Bannan/Albrighton, Gabby and Bent. That's a top 10 team when managed WELL and on form and nothing better. As it stands we're a BOTTOM 6 team and come January....

People have a go at our defence but it has improved on last year (Hutton aside) but the difference is there is no midfield now, no outlet, no quality and often no tracking back.

Unless something major changes I honestly can't see better than a 15th place finish and that's having watched 10 games and seen those around us. 80% of our games have been against teams below us. In the next 10 games we play 60% of those that are currently above us.

Reality is, we never looked like or deserved to take the 3 points

I thought there was only one winner up until we scored 2-1, then i just knew we would find a way to screw it up

The good news from today's game is that Sunderland are so bad you can't seriously worry too much about Villa at the moment, however depressing things may currently be.

In fact, the bottom of the league (Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan) currently look so inept that we are still some way clear of falling into a genuinely dangerous situation. December is going to be brutal though and I just hope we don't end up paying the price for squandering so many points during the first quarter of the season where we had what will be by far the kindest run of fixtures we are likely to see until the summer.

The fact that we are in the top half of the league, despite being so poor, tells you all you need to know about "the best league in the world".

Sunderland are awful. Aside from our defence letting them get header after header from set pieces they offered bugger all. The Wickham goal, too, boiled down to Hutton making it too easy for them. If we can't beat these guys - and let's face it, it took another Stan wonder goal to even make it a draw - I'm not sure who we're supposed to be beating.

There were some good spells of play from us, particularly towards the middle of the second half. Petrov really put in a shift, making up for some poor set pieces with other great ones, and as mentioned getting us out of jail just like he did at Everton. Zog looks like he almost half remembers the stuff he used to do at Wigan, although did it a little too predictably to be useful today. Warnock kept his head and looked mostly dependable.

But Gabby was surely MOTM by a mile... He seems to be playing with loads of confidence, despite our unpromising situation. Everything he does is dangerous and bizarrely he seems to be the sole source of what little ingenuity we are able to produce. Threatening all round play, excellent left foot cross to the far post in the first half, set bent up for a one on one, and won the free kick that Dunne scored from.

The negative: well what needs to be said that hasn't been? The rest of the team have been largely shit or don't look interested, and what's worse is you can predict the main offenders even before the first whistle is blown - namely, Hutton's a liability and Heskey's a waste of a shirt (in his current form and when played as an AMC). Bent is likewise a waste of a shirt as things stand, and as bitter a pill as that is to swallow. It's all very well saying he doesn't get the service, but missing the amount of one on ones that he has in the last run of games is just not good enough. If I arrived from Mars tomorrow and was asked which of Villa's strikers cost £24m, based on this season's performances, I know which one I'd pick.

Hutton's crossing was better than Warnock's today.
I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong. Hutton didn't put in a single decent cross. Warnock at least reached threatening areas with a couple.

Hutton - 2 - would prefer Beye there

Heskey - 3 - What is the point, he must have something he blackmails managers with

I'm sorry, but I really disagree there. 1) Beye is a huge liability, yes Hutton is far from perfect but in my eyes he gets forward well.

2) Heskey - He was brought in a psychical presence to hold up the ball for the wingers, which he did. He even tracked back a little. I'm sure if it was Ireland today people wouldn't be so critical but I guess because it's Heskey he's fair game. He made some mistakes sure but there were equally inept players on the pitch today like Collins.

For all the criticisms, I don't see people offering alternatives to Heskey's current role in the team. Shall we play a chronically out of form Ireland or wait for Jenas to get fit and gamble?

Heskey has the physical presence of a wet parking ticket and I have to say at times "FIFA 12 Compilation' Heskey showed more skill than the real thing today.

It might be time too to start doing the old fashioned bringing on an extra defender with 10 minutes to go.

At the very least Albrighton for N'Zogbia made no real sense today. At 2-1 with 6 minutes to go you want Bent off for a more defensive forward like Weimann, and Zoggy off for someone like Cuellar or Clark who can shore up the set pieces and shield the ball. Thing is we are not going to be like Chelsea or Man City and keep attacking. We are going to invite them on to us and if we are going to do that at least take off our luxury players for more defensively capable ones.

Heskey has the physical presence of a wet parking ticket and I have to say at times "FIFA 12 Compilation' Heskey showed more skill than the real thing today.

Did he not injure their goalkeeper and flatten one of their midfielders today :winkold:

Â