• Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for N'Zogbia 87)

Oh and a note on the stewards and police at the game yesterday, idiots! One young Villa fan got thrown out for throwing sweets around yet when Wickham scored a golf ball was thrown into the Villa end but the police wern't interested, any Villa fan goading Sunderland fans was thrown out immediately by the fuzz who were facing our fans all through the game yet the Sunderland fans were allowed to gesture and bait us when they scored with no punishment while the stewards waited for Villa fans to retaliate then throw them out. Horrible, horrible place to go, there were loads thrown out even at half-time two Villa fans were scrapping with each other. Having said that I was surprised at the turnout (about 2,500 Villa fans) and pleased with the noise we made.

away end looked far from full on tv

It holds 3,000 so 500 empty seats probably would show up.

Oh and a note on the stewards and police at the game yesterday, idiots! One young Villa fan got thrown out for throwing sweets around yet when Wickham scored a golf ball was thrown into the Villa end but the police wern't interested, any Villa fan goading Sunderland fans was thrown out immediately by the fuzz who were facing our fans all through the game yet the Sunderland fans were allowed to gesture and bait us when they scored with no punishment while the stewards waited for Villa fans to retaliate then throw them out. Horrible, horrible place to go, there were loads thrown out even at half-time two Villa fans were scrapping with each other. Having said that I was surprised at the turnout (about 2,500 Villa fans) and pleased with the noise we made.

Ah, where were you then then? That golf ball was actually a little stress ball, nonetheless the stewards did **** all about it but 2 policeman jumped on a kid who was harmlessly throwing, if you say sweets? Was he even throwing them towards Sunderland fans?

It was thrown towards me, felt it off my leg. Horrible ****.

I went on their forum this morning and they were giving it the big 'un saying we only sang when we were winning. They taking the piss or what...

even at half-time two Villa fans were scrapping with each other.

I was one of the three lads who who pulling the one Villa fan back, who had literally turned psychotic about something. He was still trying to fight even when the stewards and police had steamed in. In trying to difuse the situation I then got hit by a pint of beer which had been thrown in our general direction by another so-called Villa fan.

A few have been a bit harsh on Heskey - there's not much he can do other than what he did. At least he wasn't giving the ball away.

You do realise it was Heskey who gave the ball away which lead to the free-kick for their second, don't you?

You do realise that N'Zogbia was quite clearly obstructed from receiving the return pass, don't you?

I'm getting a lot of stick from Mackem mates about Gabby diving for the freekick leading to the second goal. Anything in that?

It was a clear push but Gabby, as Gabby does, probably went down a little harder than he needed to.

It was more that that bitter little bluenose **** Larsen had such a squeal about it the Mackem fans got on their high-horses.

It's quite amazing to see how much Larsen hates Gabby and funny to see Gabby just walk off laughing at him...

Their police and stewards were **** terrible.

At the end of the game I was walking to my coach on my phone and some retard for the police says to me "Get on your coach, you're antagonizing the home fans".. What!? I'm on my phone walking to my coach, in what way am I doing anything to wind up their fans!?

Full credit to all who trudged up there and back today

The support again came across as superb. Credit to the club

I'm glad someone mentioned this - there was a decent turnout, and fair play to everyone who pays their money to come and watch the team when we are awful to watch.

However, I have to say, some supporters behaviour suprises me! Maybe I'm boring, but our away fans spend most of the time goading the home teams fans and the police and stewards (not just chants, but physically turning away from the game and watching the opposition fans rather than watching the game! I don't get it, if you've paid 30 quid for a ticket plus travel etc. you would think that watching the majority of the match would be a priority.

I also think its a sign of the times that we need to goad Sunderland fans, other than Darrent Bent and Steve Bruce, we don't have much rivalry with them or history (I don't think so anyway), so why when we go 1-0 up do we need to turn on their fans and tell they are shit etc when they havn't provoked us at all other than chants about Darren Bent. If we are a bigger club than them, we should have the class to not even bother singing about them. Its like the Birmingham argument, we are bigger and better than them (in theory) so we shouldn't waste our time focussing on them!

Also, I thought the stewards and police were brilliant yesterday, they let the away fans stand up for the whole match without complaint, but still come muppets manage to get in trouble.

Like I said, maybe I'm just boring!

Couldn't disagree more to be honest, and I've just posted about this. Where I was sitting, the police and stewards did everything they could not to get involved, but there were some real idiots (mainly young lads, can't even have been 20 years old any of them) who were effing and jeffing at police when they were just stood there doing nothing! I have to say, this is the first time I've been sober in the away end for a while, and it was very eye-opening!

I'm glad someone mentioned this - there was a decent turnout, and fair play to everyone who pays their money to come and watch the team when we are awful to watch.

However, I have to say, some supporters behaviour suprises me! Maybe I'm boring, but our away fans spend most of the time goading the home teams fans and the police and stewards (not just chants, but physically turning away from the game and watching the opposition fans rather than watching the game! I don't get it, if you've paid 30 quid for a ticket plus travel etc. you would think that watching the majority of the match would be a priority.

I also think its a sign of the times that we need to goad Sunderland fans, other than Darrent Bent and Steve Bruce, we don't have much rivalry with them or history (I don't think so anyway), so why when we go 1-0 up do we need to turn on their fans and tell they are shit etc when they havn't provoked us at all other than chants about Darren Bent. If we are a bigger club than them, we should have the class to not even bother singing about them. Its like the Birmingham argument, we are bigger and better than them (in theory) so we shouldn't waste our time focussing on them!

Also, I thought the stewards and police were brilliant yesterday, they let the away fans stand up for the whole match without complaint, but still come muppets manage to get in trouble.

Are you a Sunderland fan in disguise? I assume you made the trip up yesterday or this just a 1 off? Away games are different and mockery of the home fans is always expected, especially with the whole Darren Bent situation going on aswell. But it's the same when away fans come to Villa Park. It just happens, and some blokes give it alot worse than others.

When they equalised 2-2 yesterday the Police were having more trouble holding their fans back than they did for any of our lot throughout the whole game! I also got something thrown at me and **** all was done about it yet one of our lot go threw straight out.

A few have been a bit harsh on Heskey - there's not much he can do other than what he did. At least he wasn't giving the ball away.

You do realise it was Heskey who gave the ball away which lead to the free-kick for their second, don't you?

You do realise that N'Zogbia was quite clearly obstructed from receiving the return pass, don't you?

You do realise that as the ref didn't give a foul that point is irrelevant and Heskey still gave the ball away, don't you?

Totally disagree with this as all away-day regulars would do so to. Sunderland are notorious for having one of the worst sets of stewards going - and in fact have been nicknamed 'the mafia' by many football fans from various clubs before. They did try and get people in the lower section to sit down at the start, but in the end gave up when they realised the whole away section was standing and they would be fighting a losing battle. Watch them reduce our allocation next season now.

Yet when the half-time incident occurred, and the stewards actually needed to deploy what limited powers they do have, they were nowhere to be seen for a good five minutes whilst our own fans had to try and defuse the situation. When they did arrive, instead of dealing with the situation swifty they looked utterly clueless.

Your statement about the rivalry with Blues sums it up for me to be honest. You don't live in the area and don't understand the hatred which exists - that's fair enough but don't preach to those who go week in, week out what we should/shouldn't sing. Our away fans, on the whole, are class in terms of singing and banter with the opposition, which is what makes away days so much better than home fixtures.

Just before our second goal went in, I was stood in the gangway three rows from the top of the stand. When Sunderland kicked off again after Dunne’s goal I was stood five rows from the front still jumping up and down – did I celebrate too much? It’s these euphoric moments which still make modern day football vaguely bearable.

If you want a sedate atmosphere, a comfy chair, and no banter with the opposition - Villa Park is the place to go. If you want to get pissed, sing your heart out for the lads, make up some funny new chants, stand, and generally go mental (within reason) then welcome to a Villa away game. Very disappointed to hear another Villa fan moaning about it, it’s certainly nothing new.

Totally disagree with this as all away-day regulars would do so to. Sunderland are notorious for having one of the worst sets of stewards going - and in fact have been nicknamed 'the mafia' by many football fans from various clubs before. They did try and get people in the lower section to sit down at the start, but in the end gave up when they realised the whole away section was standing and they would be fighting a losing battle. Watch them reduce our allocation next season now.

Yet when the half-time incident occurred, and the stewards actually needed to deploy what limited powers they do have, they were nowhere to be seen for a good five minutes whilst our own fans had to try and defuse the situation. When they did arrive, instead of dealing with the situation swifty they looked utterly clueless.

Your statement about the rivalry with Blues sums it up for me to be honest. You don't live in the area and don't understand the hatred which exists - that's fair enough but don't preach to those who go week in, week out what we should/shouldn't sing. Our away fans, on the whole, are class in terms of singing and banter with the opposition, which is what makes away days so much better than home fixtures.

Just before our second goal went in, I was stood in the gangway three rows from the top of the stand. When Sunderland kicked off again after Dunne’s goal I was stood five rows from the front still jumping up and down – did I celebrate too much? It’s these euphoric moments which still make modern day football vaguely bearable.

If you want a sedate atmosphere, a comfy chair, and no banter with the opposition - Villa Park is the place to go. If you want to get pissed, sing your heart out for the lads, make up some funny new chants, stand, and generally go mental (within reason) then welcome to a Villa away game. Very disappointed to hear another Villa fan moaning about it, it’s certainly nothing new.

I must admit some of the behaviour of a minority of our fans yesterday, was quite uncalled for. I mostly put it down to drink, but it does seem there is a bit of a, what I call 'Man Ure' mentality with some of our fans. By which I mean they go to away games with the attitude that they can do what they like, and refuse to co-operate or respect stewards, police, the home fans, and even their own fans. I saw Villa fans squaring up to each other, and witnessed one bloke telling a young lad, he was gonna "knock him out", as they argued over who was next in the queue for beer. I go to about 7 to 10 away games a season, and have experienced a lot worse conditions than yesterday at away games, so to blame the stewards yesterday does seem a little unfair, although I do agree they were definitely over zealous, in the way they handled the away fans.

You do realise that as the ref didn't give a foul that point is irrelevant and Heskey still gave the ball away, don't you?

Well it is relevant, as I said, because N'Zogbia was blocked from receiving the pass. Therefore, if he hadn't have been blocked off, Heskey's pass would have reached N'Zogbia, meaning that he wouldn't have given the ball away. Pretty simple.

Well it is relevant, as I said, because N'Zogbia was blocked from receiving the pass. Therefore, if he hadn't have been blocked off, Heskey's pass would have reached N'Zogbia, meaning that he wouldn't have given the ball away. Pretty simple.

What don't you understand? In your opinion it was a foul, but the official didn't rule it as such and therefore it wasn't and play carried on. Thus, Heskey still gave the ball away, and your point about a possible foul and being 'blocked off' is completely irrelevant. Pretty simple :?

Â