Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

Weren't really questions though really were they you asked him it was more...'ooo look at me im such a good person'

They were questions.

I'd really like an answer to the last of them - that is the 'p.s.'. For those who glorify revenge and retribution above all, I do wonder how/whether they would accept that kind of blood payment. And I'd like some idea of how they regard law and order, too. Whether it's an offence against an individual and his/her property or whether it's against the public.

Edit: crass lack of apostrophe.

Edited by snowychap

I have cleaned up the recent posts. In such an emotive thread, please be mindful not to derail or inflame the discussion. Keep it constructive and civil.

Weren't really questions though really were they you asked him it was more...'ooo look at me im such a good person'

They were perfectly valid questions if you ask me

Sure his crime is sickening but Internet warriors wanting 5 minutes alone with someone like him isn't the way society works... This notion of vigilantly style justice being dished out by people is pure bollocks

I'm sure his fellow crims and their "honour" code means he will get a few good kick ins and he may accidentally find himself tying a belt around his neck and bed post whilst guards swear blind he was being watched , but they are side effects of the courts sentencing him ... As it should be
  Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

He's undoubtedly a disgusting individual, but on the other hand, he has managed to force Ian "H from Steps" Watkins to get the **** off Twitter.

Every cloud, eh?

Edited by Davkaus

The sentence should not even be prison. It should be 3hrs locked in a room with the family of the children he abused (not counting those mothers that knew)

Why?

Is justice not important? Or is retribution its equivalent in your book?

I get the primal urge for vengeance and for a physical demonstration of the disgust (and beyond) but to condone it and suggest it outside the heat of being a party to the horror involved is quite frightening.

p.s. What would you do if, at the end of the 3 hour lock in, all parties walked from the room with everything 'sorted' (say, for example, the criminal paid blood money for the crime committed)?

Blood money? Im sure every parent here would turn a blind eye for a couple of quid, after all xmas is coming up.

Are you for real pal?

So, you think justice should prevail. We all know that prison means play stations and a pretty easy life, so don't try to be clever with your patronising posts, the question should be, what do you deem as justice?

A easy few year's lock up, followed be a new identity to piss off anywhere he wants with his millions. Thats fair punishment for playing with a child eh?

Edited by av1

How do you know it'll be 'an easy few years'?

How do you know that he'll have the freedom to leave, get a new identity and bugger off with his millions?

How do you know all this?

It seems to me that many in this thread don't give two damns about justice and are running with their (understandably) high emotions rather than using their heads.

• Like 3

So, you think justice should prevail. We all know that prison means play stations and a pretty easy life, so don't try to be clever with your patronising posts, the question should be, what do you deem as justice?

Yes I think justice should prevail.

There would appear to be no point whatsoever in responding to the codswallop that is the rest of your post or the subsequent one.

I apologize for 'trying to be clever'. Next time I'll follow your lead and steer clear of that.

Edited by snowychap

Next time you apologise, and use that as sarcastic remark spell it correctly.

It was spelt correctly. I'll forgive (this time) the lack of awareness that underlies your insult (allowing for any alcohol fuelled subsequent idiocy!). ;)

Edited by snowychap

I for one won't sleep tonight, I read the NME article, I wish I hadn't.

With regard to justice, we have a system - for better or worse it's the only one we have ....BUT - if I was in close proximity of him, I doubt I could keep my hands in my pockets, and i don't think I would be focused on the consequences.

does that make me a keyboard warrior ?

With regard to justice, we have a system - for better or worse it's the only one we have ....BUT - if I was in close proximity of him, I doubt I could keep my hands in my pockets, and i don't think I would be focused on the consequences.

I took the original poster to be advocating vigilantly style justice ... Your post seems more about a rational type thought that many people would have... But I suspect ultimately wouldn't go through with

OT ... But it's what made Prisoners such a great film , it kinda places the Hugh Jackman character in just such a dilemma

No. I think that makes you about as normal as everyone else who feels not only disgust but anger and rage at the actions of the bod involved.

It's not just understandable, to a certain extent, it's expected.

What isn't allowable, understandable, expected and so forth is to set up some kind of 'justice' system based upon what you, me and others may feel or want to exact upon the perpetrator - nor, most especially, should we look at basing a system of justice on what the victims or the relatives of the victims or even the wider public and its pulse may feel/desire.

Taken on board Snowy, but at what point do we start slagging people off for loosing there rag over such an emotive subject -don't get me wrong, I really do get your point about blood money etc. A deplorable and flawed strategy. BUT name calling for such emotions - just saying

Â