Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

TBH I always thought there was something very dodgy about Saville. He was a notorious lecher, and I'm surprised he never turned up in a Gary Glitter type scandal.

There was the "Have I got News for you" transcript that did the rounds on the interweb that suggested he like young children

Like a lot of web folklore it turned out to be a work of fiction , but the fact everyone was sort of prepared to believe it was true probably means a lot of people thought he had something dodgy about him

I'm sure I always heard (pre internet) that he was in / had ties to the Mafia !!!

TBH I always thought there was something very dodgy about Saville. He was a notorious lecher, and I'm surprised he never turned up in a Gary Glitter type scandal.

There was the "Have I got News for you" transcript that did the rounds on the interweb that suggested he like young children

Like a lot of web folklore it turned out to be a work of fiction , but the fact everyone was sort of prepared to believe it was true probably means a lot of people thought he had something dodgy about him

I'm sure I always heard (pre internet) that he was in / had ties to the Mafia !!!

Ive never seen the transcript but I saw that show and there was some comment about him being feared in schools, it was between Merton and him. What was the folklore then?

Ive never seen the transcript but I saw that show and there was some comment about him being feared in schools, it was between Merton and him. What was the folklore then?

Don't think it would be appropriate to post these here in the circumstances and I am not sure of the legal situation with his injuction even though he has passed away. You can Google Saville accusations. I had left the UK by the time these surfaced, so I was rather shocked, to say the least, when I read these yesterday !

• 11 months later...

I see Mr Saville is in the news again. Probably time to revive the transcript of Paul Merton and Ian Hislop's discussion with him. Only a transcript, because the Beeb wouldn't broadcast it.

One of many instances of broadcasting authorities and the meeja generally deciding to cover up what was apparently common knowledge, but which would cause something of a problem if it came to light.

Doc's on tonight I believe (weds)

I shall be watching, but must admit i come from the angle that I already thought he was a dodgy kiddy fiddler, so will probably just have my thoughts confirmed

How reliable is that transcript? Merton doesn't appear very Merton-y.

It's bollocks.

It's apparently a spoof done by BBC sketch writers. I think the point is not that it was a new revelation about some dreadful secret which was previously unknown to anyone, but that it referred to things which were apparently well known within the beeb, but which were not acted on. I suppose the target is not only Saville, but the people who chose to look the other way. If it had been real, the point would be that they suppressed the programme; but it's fake, and the point is that they covered up the child abuse.

Seems like a few people have some questions to answer.

I see there's an MP admitting he knew about the Saville stories.

Matthew Offord ‏@HendonMP

For nine years I worked at the BBC and the rumours about Jimmy Saville were well known amongst staff, particularly the HIGNFY transcript.

In the early 90's a British pro cyclist was kicked to death by a bouncer outside a club, somewhere up north. The cyclist was Dave Rayner and after his death his former club set up a "Dave Rayner Fund" to support young cyclists wanting to race in Europe. They hold an annual fund raising dinner in Bradford and I went to one once as I wanted to see the guest of honour, a Spanish cyclist called Miguel Indurain.

Jimmy Savile was there and went round all the tables, just chatting to the blokes really. He certainly came across as not a regular guy, just in my opinion that is. But .. being eccentric doesnt'mean you are a paedophile.

I reckon there is a good chance that he was but I keep thinking about that bloke in Bristol who police arrested re. the murder of a young girl and it turned out he was completely innocent - just a little eccentric.

ITV say Hello Mike

:-)

I keep thinking about that bloke in Bristol who police arrested re. the murder of a young girl and it turned out he was completely innocent - just a little eccentric.

Said bloke did not have several women testifying on videotape that he had molested them when they were young teenage girls (under 16).

Jimmy Savile was there and went round all the tables, just chatting to the blokes really. He certainly came across as not a regular guy, just in my opinion that is. But .. being eccentric doesnt'mean you are a paedophile.

I reckon there is a good chance that he was but I keep thinking about that bloke in Bristol who police arrested re. the murder of a young girl and it turned out he was completely innocent - just a little eccentric.

The other thing is, Sir James simply is 'dodgy/eccentric'. Not only does he come acorss that way, but you only have to watch the Louis Theroux documentary on him to believe that he's not to be trsued with minors.

Not only that, but even prior to this new ITV doc on tonight, secual abuse had been alleged against Sir James (but not proven).

Add in the fact that several women now all claim to have been molested by him when young teenagers, and I think you've got good grounds for believing him to be a kiddy fiddler.

It's not simply based upon his eccentricity.

Â