Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

Louis Theroux posted this to facebook:

So the rumours seem to have been in some degree validated. I haven’t seen ITV's expose on Jimmy Savile yet, but from what I understand there are a number of credible accounts from underaged teenage girls of Jimmy abusing his position of trust and celebrity to procure sexual favours. What is especially disturbing is the nature of the alleged abuse – the fact that it apparently took place repeatedly, in the workplace and at a school he was visiting, and that it may have been known to his bosses and co-workers. My thoughts are with the victims. I hope they find peace.

I'm wondering how long it is going to take before his links to Edward Heath and Haut de la Garenne firm up in the mainstream media. However, if some of the stories relating to Savile's "connections" are true the mainstream media will leave it alone.

I'm wondering how long it is going to take before his links to Edward Heath and Haut de la Garenne firm up in the mainstream media. However, if some of the stories relating to Savile's "connections" are true the mainstream media will leave it alone.

Abuse seems endemic in childrens' homes. There are also repeated tales of people in high places in politics and the military taking part in the abuse, as though it was some special facility offered them. Kincora, Belgium, North Wales.

From his autobiography no less:

Saville writes of an incident at the Mecca Locarno ballroom in Leeds, where he worked as a DJ during the 1950s, when a female police officer came in with a photograph of “an attractive girl who had run away from a remand home”.

Ah,’ says I all serious, ‘if she comes in I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I’ll keep her all night first as my reward’.” He then writes that the girl did go into the club and “agreed that I hand her over if she could stay at the dance, [and] come home with me”. He wrote that he did then hand her over to the “lady of the law…[who] was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me”.

I kid you not

From his autobiography no less:

Saville writes of an incident at the Mecca Locarno ballroom in Leeds, where he worked as a DJ during the 1950s, when a female police officer came in with a photograph of “an attractive girl who had run away from a remand home”.

Ah,’ says I all serious, ‘if she comes in I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I’ll keep her all night first as my reward’.” He then writes that the girl did go into the club and “agreed that I hand her over if she could stay at the dance, [and] come home with me”. He wrote that he did then hand her over to the “lady of the law…[who] was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me”.

I kid you not

:shock:

...and as The Times states

This is Savile’s autobiography. It wasn’t winkled out of him by a cunning interviewer; he didn’t let it slip when he was pissed. It wasn’t a post-modern joke.

Rather, these are words he wrote in a book, which were read by a publisher, and presumably by lawyers, and by reviewers, and by readers. One of his alleged victims even claims he gave her a copy of it, after abusing her, with the inscription “No Escape!”.

Said bloke did not have several women testifying on videotape that he had molested them when they were young teenage girls (under 16).

Yeah - don't misunderstand me Jon; I said in my post that he probably was guilty and I certainly am not defending such a person. Just worried about condeming someone just because they appear eccentric ( like that chap in Bristol). Subsequent events indicate that Savile was much worse than this.

I haven't really read up on any of this, what is the age of the kids that he is supposed to have fiddled with?

is he being accused of being a full on pedophile or is he being accused of being into people just under the legal age?

I haven't really read up on any of this, what is the age of the kids that he is supposed to have fiddled with?

is he being accused of being a full on pedophile or is he being accused of being into people just under the legal age?

You mean like a part-time Paedo, nothing serious?

WTF is going on here, how can there be 'rumours' at the beeb, how can a member of staff catch him being inappropriate with a girl, how can he refer to all of this in very thinly veiled terms, on TV and in books and STILL nobody took any action.

Said bloke did not have several women testifying on videotape that he had molested them when they were young teenage girls (under 16).

Yeah - don't misunderstand me Jon; I said in my post that he probably was guilty and I certainly am not defending such a person. Just worried about condeming someone just because they appear eccentric ( like that chap in Bristol). Subsequent events indicate that Savile was much worse than this.

Much worse indeed. As I intimated on the first page, what we have so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

You mean like a part-time Paedo, nothing serious?

no it was a serious question, there are different types of peado's if that makes sense, some people are exclusively attracted to people who are just under the legal age called hebephile's where as there are others who would not go above the age of 11

just wondering which saville was, not saying it is no more serious at all

Given that autobiography quote I think the answer to the question "why is this only coming up now he is dead" is probably that no matter how wrong it is this was only EVER going to come out once he died

WTF is going on here, how can there be 'rumours' at the beeb, how can a member of staff catch him being inappropriate with a girl, how can he refer to all of this in very thinly veiled terms, on TV and in books and STILL nobody took any action.

Methinks a combination of vested interests in the Savile 'brand' and Savile knowing other peoples nefarious practices had something to do with the lack of action against him.

Â