Hmmm, activities in London / Xmas activities for a group?

trekka

Hi all, how are we all doing? :P

Anyhoo, I'm the "new guy" in the office for my secondment in London and guess what - I've got to organise the Christmas do. I'm a bit scared - I know nothing of London (as we're based on the outskirts) and from what I've heard, the big boss has done it all before and wants something different.

Last year, they did HMS Belfast followed by a meal. Year before that was Tower Bridge and year before that was wine tasting.

So, I need your help. I need an "activity" that is fairly different and close enough to central london so that everyone can get to it. I also need it close to a nice restaurant which isn't mind-boggingly expensive and isn't likely to be already booked out (I know it's fairly late!). There are going to be probably about 8-10 of us (wives and girlfriends aren't allowed :D).

Any suggestions are welcome! Happy Friday to you :twisted:

Head to Marylebone station and hand £20 notes to passing train drivers.

If that is not your thing then what about a trip to the ice bar (yes, a bar which is made completely out of ice) in Westminster? It is on Heddon Street, which is a little side street off of Regent Street, almost exactly half way between Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus stations.

Ah, not sure the ice bar is going to do it. My new boss is an old fuddy duddy who wants to do something with a bit of activity but....

So keep the ideas coming folks! I'm going to do some research tomorrow (if I can be arsed that is) but all ideas are welcome (I know nothing about London...which is bad seeing as I technically live there now :lol:).

Â