The Nostalgia thread (aka the I miss thread..)

CVByrne

Taping the top 40 .

Yep, and trying to pause it while the DJ spoke over the end of the tracks.

I'll add to that knowing what was in the charts, and liking most of it.

Back when I taped off the radio, trying to eliminate the DJ hitting the post was the harder, more annoying thing.

I also miss playing football. Very much.

This. I played at a decent youth level and preparing for, playing and winning matches was just the ultimate rush. The atmosphere and banter with your team mates, going to tournaments abroad or just every day in training. I was lucky enough to continue doing that as a youth level coach after my knees went but now I don't even have the time or the energy to do that.

I also miss not having to worry about a career, having enough money, keeping my missus happy (although, that comes with a number of benefits I wouldn't be without!) and not actually having to work (as opposed to just play football) to stay in decent shape.

Oh, to be 15 again just for a day.

Childhood:

Christmas as a kid, Saturday morning TV, 90's football, late 80's early 90's cartoons, late 90's wrestling, The England football team being likeable, Playing aki 123, tracking, kirby. 16 bit consoles, school holidays.

Uni:

Student house parties, recreational drug use, Pro evo on PS2, Pro evo tournaments, being able to do nothing significant for days on end.

Since moving here:

My family, my friends, going down the Villa, Roast dinners, Doner Kebabs, Good curries, Cheese, Chippies, beer gardens, football banter, salt and vinegar crisps.

On the plus side I now have access to this bad boy again:

mountain_dew.jpg

:lol:

The ONLY good thing about Korea is Mountain Dew? and you can get it here? :crylaugh:

yeah, they kinda re-released it in summer last year :)

Ha ha, this is the things I miss thread.

The things I like about Korea I don't miss (yet). The reappearance of Mountain Dew will certainly make moving back home easier when I eventually do.

My late mother and father. I'm 56 and I hate being an orphan.
That's sad. Is it wrong of me not to miss my parents one little bit? I mean, they were fine, I loved them while they were around, but I've been independent since I was 18, and they ended up old and infirm and glad to be out of it, I think.

I think of them occasionally, but I can't honestly say I really miss them. I won't mind if my kids feel the same way about me, either. Life goes on. [1]

[1] Obviously I won't mind, because I'll be dead. But I mean I don't mind the thought of it right now. :)

You have no idea the amount of self-control it's taking me not to turn this thread into the Monty Python "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch (itself a subject for nostalgia, incidentally).

Â