The Nostalgia thread (aka the I miss thread..)

CVByrne

the incredible buzz you got as a kid on Xmas eve, with all the family saying you've been good this year, or I can hear him coming!

Sunday lunches - every sunday.. I love them.

Being allowed to stay up past your bed time - or if your parents had company - and you knew it was your bed time, but you just sat there in silence, hoping not to be noticed :)

sleep overs with people who lived to far away, it was kids weekend and i used to hate when it was over

playing for thousands of hours with my Thomas the tank engine toys.

Going to Severn Valley railway and being took to the actual train engine room!

santa at severn valley..

Anything to do with dinosaurs

Villa in 94 was when I remember really loving them.

playing with dad after work, jumping all over him even though he had just been a hod-carrier for 11 hours in the pissing rain - my hero!

getting in your pajamas and running anywhere - it felt incredible!

Thunderbirds on BBC2 - i made my dad tape them all. :lol:

playing football for hours on our home made football pitch, with home made goals. We backed onto Woodgate Valley and cut a football pitch.. we had teams, player ratings - the works..

Building a home made go kart and doing speed trials - including pit stop trials! ours was ace, but some pricks got into our garden and broke it up and left it.. i was devastated.. :(

Cant think of anymore at the moment, but theres some! :D

love nostalgia!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! ^^^^^^

MY games were always shit though, Everyone elses toys were MUCH better.. my little pony, barbies, polly pock... I mean football games, hockey games, y'know, manly games innit blud? :D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! ^^^^^^

MY games were always shit though, Everyone elses toys were MUCH better.. my little pony, barbies, polly pock... I mean football games, hockey games, y'know, manly games innit blud? :D

There was always the rich word removed who took their GameBoy in and sat in the corner flicking the V's. We had to make do with a incomplete Ludo which my mum had nabbed from Help the Aged.

Though not generally a smoker, do miss being able to light up at gigs.

The whole 'experience' of buying physical CD's and albums.

Come and see me at work. Bring money. :winkold:

White dog shit

I think that is to do with bones.

IIRC Manufacturers used to mix ash with dog chow to bulk it up.

Old toys.

Like my Tomytronic 3D driving game. I'm sure that thing damaged my eyesight.

Or going to the shops and drooling over the Star Wars collection and forever wishing I got the Millenium Falcon. I never did get one, but it made it more fun to go round my spoilt cousins house and break his.

My genuine awe at Street Fighter on the SNES.

Taping the top 40 .

we were talking about that at work last week! every sunday without fail

started because the youngster in my office had never heard of betamax, which to be fair to him ive never seen one but i know about them

explained to him how you couldnt just press a button to record either, you had to press both the record and play button at the same time, blew his mind

Obviously, I could write a book here, but I 'll second a couple that have already been on, because they are timeless, whatever age we've got to:

The last day at school thing,

and (especially)

Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. That was the ultimate buzz, no drug gets near it.

Obviously, I could write a book here, but I 'll second a couple that have already been on, because they are timeless, whatever age we've got to:

The last day at school thing,

and (especially)

Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. That was the ultimate buzz, no drug gets near it.

Good ones. Really good ones. I still love christmas, but it won't get close to the christmasses when you were a kid. And the school holidays. Ten weeks of just being with your friends with no thoughts of learning anything.

I also miss playing football. Very much.

making mix tapes

playing army

building bases in your room when friends stayed over

those raspberry juice drinks which were in red plastic bottles you twisted the top off to open them

rio snappers

making ramps to cycle your bike over

being scared of the dark and running towards the lit door

christmas eve when you got all excited (and christmas morning)

Â