The Nostalgia thread (aka the I miss thread..)

CVByrne

White dog shit

I think that is to do with bones.

If I get a bone for my dog ...hey presto. 70's stylee dog stuff.

Could it be that supermarkets don't give out bits for your dog but the old local butcher does, thats where I have to go. Thats where it went IMO.

I don't even know what to ask for in English but it's

"Mak ik, twee merkpipes voor de hondje AUB ?"

There is a delicious irony in the fact that this is the golden age of nostalgia.

All dewy-eyed about the days before DVDs, computers, multi-channel TV, mobile phones, etc.?

No problem - you can now get all the old stuff again on DVDs, your computer, your multi-channel TV and your phone!

And I do, bigtime.

It was kirby for me too. But I would have spelt it "Curby", because you're bouncing the ball off the curb.

Also, when we played it, the main aim was to get it to bounce off both curbs (i.e. hit one and get it to cross the road to hit the other) not catch it

It was kirby for me too. But I would have spelt it "Curby", because you're bouncing the ball off the curb.
"Kerb-y", then.

"Curb" (for the edge of the sidewalk/pavement) is American.

"Kerb-y", then.

I was trying to figure out in my head which one was right. Went for Curb, but knew one of them was American.

I chose wrong!

"Kerb-y", then.

I was trying to figure out in my head which one was right. Went for Curb, but knew one of them was American.

I chose wrong!

It's an odd one. "Curb" as a verb is perfectly OK British English. Don't really know where the "kerb" spelling came from.

Â