plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

I'm making the flat in London look woman-friendly (i.e clean up the place and try to get some different food in etc). My mate is in for high-dose chemo at Hammersmith hospital on Monday for 2 weeks and his girlfriend is desperate to see him everyday. So I've volunteered my bedroom in the flat for her to get her head down. It will be strange having someone here, seeing as I'm only here during the week (I live in Portsmouth and the London flat comes with work) but even stranger as I don't really know her. Least I could do really though: he would have done the same for me and I know he's in for tough times ahead (:() but I know, with a bit of luck too he can beat it.

Not really sure what I should / should not be doing but if I stick to my daily routine, maybe give her some space if she looks like she needs it and try to keep some sort of normality then I hope it will be OK.

So, tomorrow off back to Portsmouth to get a few things (spare clean bedding etc) and then prepare myself for nights on the sofa. Not that I begrudge it, I'm really happy to be doing whatever I can.

I worked my day job then went straight to my night job for Friday. So basically doing nothing else as I work tomorrow all day! But I'm sure I'll get up to something Saturday night. I'll either go dancing, or karaoke, or maybe if I am really lucky this new place called Poe's Tavern. Then hopefully I will be watching the Jags win on Sunday.

I'm making the flat in London look woman-friendly (i.e clean up the place and try to get some different food in etc). My mate is in for high-dose chemo at Hammersmith hospital on Monday for 2 weeks and his girlfriend is desperate to see him everyday. So I've volunteered my bedroom in the flat for her to get her head down. It will be strange having someone here, seeing as I'm only here during the week (I live in Portsmouth and the London flat comes with work) but even stranger as I don't really know her. Least I could do really though: he would have done the same for me and I know he's in for tough times ahead (:() but I know, with a bit of luck too he can beat it.

Not really sure what I should / should not be doing but if I stick to my daily routine, maybe give her some space if she looks like she needs it and try to keep some sort of normality then I hope it will be OK.

So, tomorrow off back to Portsmouth to get a few things (spare clean bedding etc) and then prepare myself for nights on the sofa. Not that I begrudge it, I'm really happy to be doing whatever I can.

You're a good friend in that you offer in the first place, and an even better one for caring about how you are going to make this girl feel comfortable. Your friend may be unlucky with his health, but clearly he has had some luck in other areas.

You're a good friend in that you offer in the first place, and an even better one for caring about how you are going to make this girl feel comfortable. Your friend may be unlucky with his health, but clearly he has had some luck in other areas.

Agreed. You really are an amazing friend for doing this. And a really good person in general.

That sounds like a cracking weekend fella, I am mildly jealous.

Determined to keep busy.

So tonight it's out on the pop with my neighbours on their annual 5-a-side piss up. Tomorrow morning will be gym, go and watch my local football side play in the afternoon, then back out on the pop in the evening untill the early hours. At which point i'll be unable to prevent people returning back to my house, where we'll be debating England's best right back option untill 8 in the morning.

Sunday, will be going up to Tewkesbury to visit my sister for some dinner.

my mate got the all clear from his cancer after months of treatment (he had half the nerves removed from his face :-( )

he's a Brentford fan so tomorrow 15 of us are off to watch Brentford v Charlton ..main reason for going is Griffin Park has a pub on every corner of the ground .. there is a good chance i wont bother with the football

After the match we are heading down to Windsor for the night ..needless to say Sunday has been written off

Â