Weekends football 29/30 October

andykeenan

Yeah, Spurs look great again this season. I think they are probably the most entertaining side in the division too. They got rid of a lot of shit in the summer (some of it to us) and bought well too. I still think Friedel should be a Villa player, he will do well at Spurs this season, Parker was a **** steal at £5m and Adebayor is a quality player if he can stay motivated. They need a centre half in the medium to long term, they really need Ledley King to stay fit I think, but everywhere else they look great. Midfield is solid, attack looks full of goals and they are doing it for less money than everybody else around them, even Arsenal if we are counting wages.

If we assume that the final Champions League spot is going to be between Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool then I would have to make Spurs favourites at the moment.

And their Chairman and Manager fought like Dogs to keep Modric, no matter how much the Russian had put on the table. A real statement from the club and one that gave the whole place a lift.

And their Chairman and Manager fought like Dogs to keep Modric, no matter how much the Russian had put on the table. A real statement from the club and one that gave the whole place a lift.

and we did the same with barry. we also held on to ash for a lot longer than i expected. do you really think this summer was the first time we had a serious offer for him?

modric had 5 years left on his contract, spurs could afford to say no. had he only had a year or 2 spurs would have taken the money. just like they did with berbatov, keane, carrick etc. they took the money and re invested relatively well. as zatman says though, its taken them a while to get it all sorted

http://bit.ly/uXuFu7

Phenomenal.

Cork City clinging on for dear life for the point they need to get promoted against Shelbourne who are already top and dominated. Cork were at one point ten points behind them. Pretty much last kick of the season out of nowhere Cork score in the 94th min.

Shelbourne fans had been singing "Championes" all game... Brilliant.

Dont get all the hype about spurs again after beating qpr, the manchester teams easily beat them at the start of the season yet because of today they are genuine title contenders? Not for me, especially seeing as candle face will come under huge pressure for the england job after xmas

And the 3rd goal, great goal but ive seen it twice already labelled as good as anything barcelona can do, **** ridiculous

Dont get all the hype about spurs again after beating qpr, the manchester teams easily beat them at the start of the season yet because of today they are genuine title contenders? Not for me, especially seeing as candle face will come under huge pressure for the england job after xmas

And the 3rd goal, great goal but ive seen it twice already labelled as good as anything barcelona can do, **** ridiculous

In fairness, against the two Manchester clubs, Spurs were without King, Gallas, Parker, Sandro, Modric (literally wasn't there against Utd, mentally wasn't there against City) and Adebayor. And both Manchester clubs started the season phenomenally well.

Since the first two losses though, Spurs have won 6 out of 7, drawing the other 1. And that includes games against CL rivals in Liverpool and Arsenal and away games against Wolves and Blackburn. Yeah, both teams have been really poor this season, but Spurs traditionally struggle against them.

Spurs obviously won't finish anywhere near 1st place, points wise, but if, and it's a big if, the manager keep the players playing with same spirit, work ethic and attacking movement we saw today, then they'll take some beating to get 4th, and Chelsea ought to be worried about keeping hold of 3rd place.

I reckon three new players need bringing in during the January window though in order to maintain consistency. A centre back to take the pressure off needing King or Gallas fit, a right midfielder to compete with Lennon and a striker for when Adebayor inevitably starts to stop caring.

Cahill, Marin and Leandro would be a fantastic window for Spurs. Maybe another attempt for Rossi as Villareal have declined this season.

In fairness, against the two Manchester clubs, Spurs were without King, Gallas, Parker, Sandro, Modric (literally wasn't there against Utd, mentally wasn't there against City) and Adebayor. And both Manchester clubs started the season phenomenally well.

Since the first two losses though, Spurs have won 6 out of 7, drawing the other 1. And that includes games against CL rivals in Liverpool and Arsenal and away games against Wolves and Blackburn. Yeah, both teams have been really poor this season, but Spurs traditionally struggle against them.

Spurs obviously won't finish anywhere near 1st place, points wise, but if, and it's a big if, the manager keep the players playing with same spirit, work ethic and attacking movement we saw today, then they'll take some beating to get 4th, and Chelsea ought to be worried about keeping hold of 3rd place.

I reckon three new players need bringing in during the January window though in order to maintain consistency. A centre back to take the pressure off needing King or Gallas fit, a right midfielder to compete with Lennon and a striker for when Adebayor inevitably starts to stop caring.

Cahill, Marin and Leandro would be a fantastic window for Spurs. Maybe another attempt for Rossi as Villareal have declined this season.

I agree it will take a good team to finish us above us in 4th, but unfortunately Arsenal and Liverpool are both good teams, so it will be very close. It's frustrating Cheslea managed to sign Mata, especially as Levy thought we get him.

As for January, I'd rather we went for Berbatov. I know he's hated by our fans, but everytime Adebayor gets the ball I wish it was Berba instead. I know Adebayor is quicker, but he takes so long to control it compared to Berba it becomes irrelevant. Ade is way better than Pav and Crouch, but equally is way short of Berbatov standards. If we could get Berba for a low fee in Jan or free in the summer, I think we should. I'd also prefer Hoillet over Marin. He really impressed me last week against us and apparenly he's been like it all season. I think I'd also prefer Samba over Cahill. I know he should be judged more on his defensive work, but I've never seen a player cause so much trouble from set pieces.

I'd also prefer Hoillet over Marin.

Nah, please buy Marin; that way Delph/Hutton/A.N. Other Villa player that can't tackle for shite can break the little fecker in half and I can consider the season a roaring success. :thumb:

http://bit.ly/uXuFu7

Phenomenal.

Cork City clinging on for dear life for the point they need to get promoted against Shelbourne who are already top and dominated. Cork were at one point ten points behind them. Pretty much last kick of the season out of nowhere Cork score in the 94th min.

Shelbourne fans had been singing "Championes" all game... Brilliant.

both went up anyway. Shels can console themselves with a win in cup final next weekend. Its good for league to have 2 big teams back up

Â