Modern Warfare 3

juanpabloangel18

I've decided, on reflection, I'm definitely getting this the day it comes out.

When I think about how much I got out of MW2 in terms of online (and single player too), I can't not get it. I easily got 40 quids worth out of that game, and definitely will out of mw3.

The links on the first page are good.

Pre-ordered now, hopefully it'll get here by the 7th. Can't believe they're charging £80 for the hardened edition.

RRP is actually £90.

If you are the kind of person who is going to be buying all of the map packs, no matter what, the Hardened edition is probably worthwhile putting up the extra money - you effectively buy all of the DLC when you get it. The talk is that they're going to go with monthly small releases, so a map or 2 a month (with other additions like extra weapons etc filling in some months) with this rather than a map pack every 3 months or so. Then theres a shitload of other stuff that may float your boat through the COD Elite stuff. If you play a lot of COD online, it could be worth the extra investment.

The links on the first page are good.

Pre-ordered now, hopefully it'll get here by the 7th. Can't believe they're charging £80 for the hardened edition.

RRP is actually £90.

If you are the kind of person who is going to be buying all of the map packs, no matter what, the Hardened edition is probably worthwhile putting up the extra money - you effectively buy all of the DLC when you get it. The talk is that they're going to go with monthly small releases, so a map or 2 a month (with other additions like extra weapons etc filling in some months) with this rather than a map pack every 3 months or so. Then theres a shitload of other stuff that may float your boat through the COD Elite stuff. If you play a lot of COD online, it could be worth the extra investment.

I just can't quite warrant buying the game twice over for all the maps and everything else, it might end up being worth it but that's probably going to be in 8 months time IF you buy all the DLC, and well IW have an awful record with DLC.

Only with extra weapons etc could it be worth it, but then I hate the idea of having to buy something to make it a level playing field.

It's not just a little more expensive, at £60-70 I'd consider it, but £80-£90? They're taking the piss.

I'll buy a standard copy, and buy the map packs as and when they're released, thats all i'm interested in. If they were planning on releasing new maps every month, then i'd do it, but new maps will probably be released every 2/3 months, and they'll fill the months between with new spec ops mission, new weapons etc, that i'm not too fussed about.

Hardened Edition looks like it's going to be popular - our allocation is now all preordered. Surprised me a little.

Got to take a look at the Intel pack today. Comes in a little cardboard envelope with some codes and stuff in, it's nothing much but at the same time it feels like a nice touch kinda thing.

Was playing this this yesterday with a few friends on split screen and got a nuke for a 25 gun kill streak. It doesn't end the game or kill you this time. Might even just be a private match feature.
How did you get the game so early?

So has anyone heard any offers to get this cheaper?

Best buy have got an offer on but its instore only and only applies if you buy it Tuesday, but they are doing it on PS3 and 360 for £29.99.

Best buys are about as rare as shark shit in a forest though, so theres a good chance you wont live by one. Theres one at the Merry Hill shopping centre though if you know where that is

Â