Sven sacked by Leicester

sparey16

actually most neutral i know think he is vastly overrated
Does anyone really care what "neutrals" think?

This is football, FFS, it's about passion and support, not respecting the views of "neutrals".

Whilst I agree with (and admire) your chest-thumpery Brines old bean, canvassing "neutrals" does at least provide some modicum of perspective.

He wont get a job bigger than Villa that's for certain, despite allegedly being a very good manager.
It's a bit deluded to think of managing Villa as a "big job" these days, isn't it?
I never actually said Villa was a big job, all I said was that he wont get a job bigger than Villa. That said, I do think the Villa job is quite a big one.

The love for MON on this forum is truly hilarious.

As is the hate...

That's justified though.

So is the love surely?

When he managed us, we believed we could win most games. We beat top teams. We scored goals.

So yes MON was the MAN.

No, for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, what he achieved was nothing special. Plenty of Villa managers did in the past under Doug. With the resources he had, he was average for us at best.

Of course the main reason why the love isn't justified is how he **** us over at the beginning of last season.

Plenty of Villa managers did in the past under Doug.

Plenty of villa managers achieved 3 consecutive 6th place finishes?

Plenty of managers got 64 points in a season while getting to a semi and a final?

He was no wenger or mourinho but during his time it was enjoyable to be a villa fan and since his departure pretty much every part of the football club has dropped including any credibility we had in the media.

I enjoyed his time and didn't buy the general's version of events when he left. I think the fact the general has had to stop posting due to be shown up as nothing more than a pr weapon and mon beine awarded compensation shows that to be justified.

If it was proved he **** us over for no reason then i could understand the hatred but quite frankly i don't see much evidence for it.

Plenty of Villa managers did in the past under Doug.

Plenty of villa managers achieved 3 consecutive 6th place finishes?

Well, plenty of Villa managers achieved 6th. That's no huge achievement, neither is getting 6th 3 times in a row. If you look at Brian Little he managed to finish 4th and then 5th, which blows MON's 6-6-6 out of the water.

Plenty of managers got 64 points in a season while getting to a semi and a final?
I'd take 4th place on 63 points (which we did in 95/96) over 6th place on 64 points any day. As for the semi final and final, again, nothing special. Plenty of Villa managers did it before him and some of them, like Little and Atkinson, actually managed to win something.

He was no wenger or mourinho but during his time it was enjoyable to be a villa fan and since his departure pretty much every part of the football club has dropped including any credibility we had in the media.
How has our "media credibility" gone? Even if it has, who cares what the media think? It's well known that MON is loved by the media anyway.

If it was proved he **** us over for no reason then i could understand the hatred but quite frankly i don't see much evidence for it.
So you at least accept that he **** us over then?

I really don't understand the VT love-in with MON. Little and Atkinson did better than him, Gregory did just as well and he didn't do much better than DOL. And yet, VTers try and make out that MON is one of our best managers ever.

neither is getting 6th 3 times in a row

Have a look how many teams in the history of the premier league have achieved that consistency over 3 seasons.

If you look at Brian Little

So from plenty of managers to Brian little.

I really don't understand the VT love-in with MON. Little and Atkinson did better than him, Gregory did just as well and he didn't do much better than DOL. And yet, VTers try and make out that MON is one of our best managers ever.

You're on about managers doing it once like DOL. So it's fair to say you think doug is better than randy because we finished 2nd one year and won a cup under him.

Have a look how many teams in the history of the premier league have achieved that consistency over 3 seasons.
So we were consistently upper mid-table under MON. Big deal? As I said, nothing special.

So from plenty of managers to Brian little.
I was just using him as an example.

You're on about managers doing it once like DOL. So it's fair to say you think doug is better than randy because we finished 2nd one year and won a cup under him.
What kind of logic is that? I think the fact that the likes of Gregory, Little and Atkinson did so well under an owner like Doug is just proof of how far down the list MON is when it comes to Villa managers in the Premier League era.

So we were consistently upper mid-table under MON. Big deal? As I said, nothing special.

Didn't say it was an amazing achievement but like I said not many teams in the history of the prem have managed it so to dismiss it as nothing is off the mark.

What kind of logic is that?

Well using your logic that if it happened once then it's the same or better, you have to think doug is better than randy because we finished 2nd under him and won a cup. It was your logic, not mine.

Didn't say it was an amazing achievement but like I said not many teams in the history of the prem have managed it so to dismiss it as nothing is off the mark.
So what? Just because nobody ever finish 6th three times in a row before doesn't make it a great achievement.

Well using your logic that if it happened once then it's the same or better, you have to think doug is better than randy because we finished 2nd under him and won a cup. It was your logic, not mine.
Yeah, no. That doesn't make any sense. Jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth as usual. :|

So what? Just because nobody ever finish 6th three times in a row before doesn't make it a great achievement.

You don't win anything for it but it shows its difficult to be that consistent in this league and isn't something plenty of other villa managers have achieved.

Yeah, no. That doesn't make any sense. Jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth as usual.

You said he didn't do much better than dol, now i'm assuming you said this because DOL finished 6th one year, so you've taken one year to compare to MON. So using this brilliant logic you'd have to agree that doug is a better owner than randy by just picking one year to compare. Like i said its the logic you chose to use.

You don't win anything for it but it shows its difficult to be that consistent in this league and isn't something plenty of other villa managers have achieved.
Consistency means nothing if you can't push on to the next level.

You said he didn't do much better than dol, now i'm assuming you said this because DOL finished 6th one year, so you've taken one year to compare to MON. So using this brilliant logic you'd have to agree that doug is a better owner than randy by just picking one year to compare. Like i said its the logic you chose to use.

He hurt the club and ultimately I support the club not MON.. pathetic or not I don't really care about him, I support Villa and not saint MON.
Boy oh boy, you really swallowed the club's spin hook, line and sinker, didn't you?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you telling me that MON didn't walk out on the club 5 days before the start of a new season?

Wow, seems like the club can completely hypnotise people now. What ever will they do next?

Typical, if you don't like/rate MON you immediately buy into the club PR.. :lol:

What rubbish.

Has the general proven to be trustworthy with his villa posts?

Did an independent tribunal decide mon deserved compensation after hearing the facts that none of us know?

You know the guy who told us the clubs point of view? Does he still post on her or was he shown to be a complete bullshit pr machine?
The General left because of the shitstorm over McLeish's appointment. You seem to think that because he spouted crap over McLeish's appointment everything else he said must be wrong.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what the board say, the fact is that MON walking out when he did really hurt as as a club. That's not board PR that's fact.

Â