U2 Named best band of the last 25 years

tonyh29

So much pretentious wankerism in this thread, you don't like them, who cares, i am honestly indifferent on them but i would have to say over the last 25 years they have been probably the most consistant band when it comes to throwing out 'hits' so to speak and that's where the masses are so it's obvious that most polls will have them as the 'greatest' band they would even rate high on all time lists on that basis.

Best bassist. Hooky :D

Sure this thread shows the lack of knowledge among the majority of posters. Any discussion on best bassist that doesn't include the below is fundamentally flawed ;)

mark-king-live.jpg

:D

I'm sure we've played this game before? Best bass player, without question:

jamerson.jpg

That's no different to people who only like bland middle of the road mainstream music looking down their nose at people who care to like stuff that may be less known though is it ?

It works both ways.

Nope, both camps are pr*cks .... :mrgreen:

Or is that not what you were driving at? :winkold:

We seemed to have hijacked this into a bass players thread.

9_Carol_Kaye.jpg

If you have listened to the radio or watched TV since 1958, you've heard Carol Kaye play.

Carol was one of the core group of anonymous studio musicians who lent her unique styles of studio Guitar and Electric Bass playing to many of the hits recorded by such popular artists like the Beach Boys, Ray Charles, TheRighteous Bros., Johnny Mathis, Nancy Sinatra, Sam Cooke, Glen Campbell, Lou Rawls, Jan & Dean, Henry Mancini, The Lettermen, Paul Revere & Raiders, Monkees, Buckinghams, April & Nino,Sonny & Cher, Chris Montez, Andy Williams, Quincy Jones, Joe Cocker, Ike &Tina Turner, Mel Torme, Bobby Darin, Frank Zappa, Wayne Newton, Herb Alpert, O.C. Smith, Don Ho, Al Martino, and a few Motown (LA).

Oh, Carol

We seemed to have hijacked this into a bass players thread.

9_Carol_Kaye.jpg

If you have listened to the radio or watched TV since 1958, you've heard Carol Kaye play.

Carol was one of the core group of anonymous studio musicians who lent her unique styles of studio Guitar and Electric Bass playing to many of the hits recorded by such popular artists like the Beach Boys, Ray Charles, TheRighteous Bros., Johnny Mathis, Nancy Sinatra, Sam Cooke, Glen Campbell, Lou Rawls, Jan & Dean, Henry Mancini, The Lettermen, Paul Revere & Raiders, Monkees, Buckinghams, April & Nino,Sonny & Cher, Chris Montez, Andy Williams, Quincy Jones, Joe Cocker, Ike &Tina Turner, Mel Torme, Bobby Darin, Frank Zappa, Wayne Newton, Herb Alpert, O.C. Smith, Don Ho, Al Martino, and a few Motown (LA).

Oh, Carol

Ah, the Queen of Bass, playing on some of Stevie Wonder's greatest tunes including 'I Was Made To Love Her' and many of The Beach Boys classics including Pet Sounds.

She was a huge part of Phil Spector's 'Wall of Sound' era which of course inspired the likes of Brian Wilson.

Most over rated band in the last 25 years

I dont think they are over-rated, they are one of the biggest bands in the world...ever. Sell record's by the millions, sell out every tour they do and do actually produce some very very good music.

Songs like, Where the streets have no name, With or without you, Sunday bloody Sunday, New year's day, Beautiful day...all stupidly good records which still sound good today imo.

My problem, as is many's, is Bono...grade A word removed of the highest order. Super talented, great voice but unfortunatly a complete tool!

Coldplay overall have better albums than U2.

Coldplay have progressed and got better but U2 got worse.

Beautiful day makes me sick

Now i know your taking the piss!

Chris Martin's personality resembles that of a hard boiled egg!

Sorry mate but its a no contest between U2 & Coldplay.

And now the discussion has become who is better, U2 or Coldplay.... I'm out. Next thread please?!

And now the discussion has become who is better, U2 or Coldplay.... I'm out. Next thread please?!

1 post and you come to the conclusion...and to think i thought this was a discussion forum...silly me!

1 post and you come to the conclusion...and to think i thought this was a discussion forum...silly me!

T'was a joke. Chill Winston.

Â