Mario Balotelli Sets His House On Fire

Rainer

The first contact was innocent/inadvertent. The second one wasn't. He knew who was under him. He looked. He knew Parker was there. You don't then stamp diagonally down towards someone's face just to regain balance with your second step. It's a clear stamp intended to injure. Very nasty from Balotelli. Or are people saying Balotelli was so unaware of his general surroundings that he had no idea there was a player lying on the ground below him. Yeah, good one :)

The first contact was innocent/inadvertent. The second one wasn't. He knew who was under him. He looked. He knew Parker was there. You don't then stamp diagonally down towards someone's face just to regain balance with your second step. It's a clear stamp intended to injure. Very nasty from Balotelli. Or are people saying Balotelli was so unaware of his general surroundings that he had no idea there was a player lying on the ground below him. Yeah, good one :)
No I dont think people are, and I am not sure I am.

But I do think he was unbalanced and still moving and tried to right himself. I understand how it can be viewed differently, just I dont see it as that

if you look at that tackle and adebayors on van persie who got a ban for it, both clearly changed their second action to inflict damage.

unless balotelli regains his balance by acting like a Camel chasing a coconut down the stairs.

Looked deliberate enough to me. I could have managed to fall out of that tangle without tw@tting Parker in the face, and I'm decidedly more cumbersome than Balotelli.

Nonsense.

You are a fine figure of a man.

The Hair of Valderama

The agility of Nigel Spink

The rectal integrity of Stefan Postma.

You are worth a 1000 Balotellis...

Touched as I am, it's the fact that I also possess the considerable girth of the modern Spink that's the crux of the issue though (see fig.1).

Point being, if a fat bastard like me is nimble enough to get out of that without attempting to decapitate someone, then sure as shit Balotelli is.

That said, I do find kidlewis' "Camel chasing a coconut" theory entirely plausible; if there's one player most likely to spontaneously imagine himself a gangly, humped quadruped pursuing an errant tropical foodstuff, it's Mario.

Fig.1

0,,10429~3517687,00.jpg

Touched as I am, it's the fact that I also possess the considerable girth of the modern Spink that's the crux of the issue though (see fig.1).

Point being, if a fat bastard like me is nimble enough to get out of that without attempting to decapitate someone, then sure as shit Balotelli is.

That said, I do find kidlewis' "Camel chasing a coconut" theory entirely plausible; if there's one player most likely to spontaneously imagine himself a gangly, humped quadruped pursuing an errant tropical foodstuff, it's Mario.

Fig.1

0,,10429~3517687,00.jpg

To be fair..... you've seen through my deceit. It was just a poor way to introduce the idea that you like getting bummed.

:oops:

I'd like to defend Balotelli, but i don't think i can.

The first contact on Parker is accidental for sure, but the second one isn't. I don't think he necessarily meant to stamp on his head, but I think he meant to stamp on some part of his body.

I'd say there's a chance it was accidental, but the evidence suggests other wise, imo.

I can see why the ref didn't do anything though. It took a good few views of the replay to come to any decision.

I think he was just trying to get his balance at speed. The .gif and video that's going around makes it look extremely incriminating, but other angles suggest it wasn't.. Benefit of the doubt I think will be given, seeing as he got up and went stright to Parker, asked him if he was OK, etc..

He hadn't long been on the pitch and hadn't had any previous incidents with Parker or Modric so he'd have no reason to snap or lash out.

He gets the benefit of the doubt for me, but he was lucky Parker wasn't hurt, because I'm sure Spurs if they wanted could kick up a bit of a fuss about that, and his reputation would probably go against him if he did.

• 1 year later...
Â