TV Licensing

MMFy

Value for money is another thing entirely but my main issue here is how to get rid of the bloody thing. Anyone ever tried to cancel a TV License?

I've been trying for 8 days now and I'm no closer to a refund. There is no facility to cancel online without printing an application and posting it. My printer is not working so I can't do that.

I filled out an application last week only to get a reply on Saturday telling me I had not filled in a forwarding address. This is not relevant. I replied and I have had no response again since.

Their phone line is a string of messages for over a minute, and when you select the option you require, there is no call queue, so it cuts you off if nobody is available.

To try and cancel online I have had to declare that I am dead. This is the only way you can actually process the thing online.

I'm fully prepared for the inevitable harassment by the license people for not having a license. I'm not going to need one though. If any other professional organisation operated like these fucktards do it would be reprimanded.

Any ideas?

ha i'm kind of tempted to cancel mine now just to see if I need to declare myself dead, why you canceling it any way? TV is shockingly shite I agree and I very rarely watch anything but the boxing or football on it...but I could never actually do it

Just dont buy one next time you are due to renew. My brother in law doesnt have a TV, he doesnt have a TV license and it has been this way for five or six years now. He gets the occasional letter from the agency asking him why he doesnt have a TV license, but he never replies to them and has had no trouble whatsoever.

I accidentally didn't cancel mine when I left uni and ended up paying for 6 months without realising (I'm an idiot)

I wrote them a letter saying I hadn't lived at the address for 6 months so hadn't needed the licence, and they sent me a refund and cancelled the licence within about a week.

why you canceling it any way?

I'm moving in with my Mrs and her Dad until we finally get our new house decorated.

I've managed to cancel it, but I want the refund. TV licenCes are paid 6 months in advance so I want that amount back. £74.

I will end up getting another licence in a couple of months...

I might be able to get you the contact details of someone in Crapita who works on the licences.

I may just have to take you up on that offer, Sir.

I'll give them another 48 hours first, I assume I will get some sort of response after I told them I was dead...

Â