Chinese Toddler Hit and Run

ED

Probably my favourite country and not a true reflection on any of Chinese people I've encountered during my visits ...

sickening but I'd rather not judge 1.3 billion people by the actions of a few people , you get cu**ts in all society .. to see people posting "Chinese people go to hell" on the you tube comments page is just pure ignorance.

That's my beef with this whole thing, it just turns into a racist anti-China hatefest, especially on Youtube.

Plus, there is the possibility that this was just a hoax, just like the baby-eating incident about a year ago (I think)

Probably my favourite country and not a true reflection on any of Chinese people I've encountered during my visits ...

sickening but I'd rather not judge 1.3 billion people by the actions of a few people , you get cu**ts in all society .. to see people posting "Chinese people go to hell" on the you tube comments page is just pure ignorance.

That's my beef with this whole thing, it just turns into a racist anti-China hatefest, especially on Youtube.

Plus, there is the possibility that this was just a hoax, just like the baby-eating incident about a year ago (I think)

A hoax? :?

A hoax? :?

Here

Not the most reputable site admittedly, but neither were the sites that perpetuated the rumours in the first place.

something is seriously wrong with Chinese society for that to happen.

It's not just the Chinese.

A similar phenomenon

Stanford Prison Experiment which I think has been mentioned on VT before

I'm starting to think that these should be required reading and made part of public education. Stark reminders that all of us are much more susceptible to sin, I mean misdeeds ;) , than we believe. :|

I saw the edited version on the news a couple of days ago, the uncut version is even more disturbing- a truly horrific incident.

The mind truly boggles at the peoples' reaction to this, especially the first van driver who clearly must have seen he had hit a kid.

Let's hope she recovers.

I saw the edited version on the news a couple of days ago, the uncut version is even more disturbing- a truly horrific incident.

The mind truly boggles at the peoples' reaction to this, especially the first van driver who clearly must have seen he had hit a kid.

Let's hope she recovers.

She is medically brain dead according to reports :cry:

Let's hope she recovers.

She's braindead, unfortunately.

I'm glad someone linked 'Bystander Effect'. People in crowds tend not to react to things that do not involve them, we feel less responsibility to help someone when others might.

It's not something inherently Chinese, it's something inherent to modern society. Sad, but true.

Let's hope she recovers.

She's braindead, unfortunately.

I'm glad someone linked 'Bystander Effect'. People in crowds tend not to react to things that do not involve them, we feel less responsibility to help someone when others might.

It's not something inherently Chinese, it's something inherent to modern society. Sad, but true.

Yep, there's an infamous case in NYC back in the 70's or 80's of a woman who was being raped on a Manhattan sidewalk at night in the summer, and she was screaming for help, but nobody did a thing to aid her.

I find it hard to comprehend what the van driver did but equally baffling that anyone could just walk past.

When you see things like this its no surprise that there is so much fighting and economic troubles in the world, there are just too many cun7s knocking around.

RIP

Â