Stone Roses to reform

ChristchurchVillan

It never ceases to amaze me that a reformed band sell way more tickets and create far more buzz than they did when they were actual active in the first place.

Last time I saw them, I don't recall a mad rush for tickets at Sheffield Arena. I'm not even sure we had a problem getting tickets for Wolverhampton Civic either come to think of it.

Why now?

Or is it just touts snapping half of em up ?

Because you have the people that were fans then and could go and want to go again, then you have the fans that were too young. On top of that you now have a large amount of new fans that have got into the Roses through word of mouth, recommendations etc or through friends and family since they split. In other words the fan base will be much bigger now.

Yes, but, er, eBay says it is ticket touts. There's hundreds of people selling tickets on there.

I **** hate this 'get-rich-quick' culture we have nowadays. You can't do **** all these days without some other **** with no interest in it trying to make money out of it...

scrap that

I have managed to get a premier inn room for £88 just 4 miles away from the venue so that should be ok

got a room with a double bed and a sofa bed and seeings how I booked the tickets and the room I am claiming the double bed

Thinking about it... are there ANY major bands apart from The Beatles, who split, swore they would never re-form - and actually kept to their word?

Can't think of any offhand.

No can't think of any either...... Led Zep tried but broke down eventually. Problem is its too much of a cash cow to resist.....

The Clash? I think they flirted with it, but never actually did.

Dates were pencilled, deal was done, then Joe Strummer went and died on them.

Thinking about it... are there ANY major bands apart from The Beatles, who split, swore they would never re-form - and actually kept to their word?

As in well known terms

The Smiths

theres quite a few just cant think at moment

The Jam

The Smiths I doubt could ever reconcile their differences, The Jam however might. Foxton and Butler tour as "From the Jam" (Which is uber sad) and Foxton played on Weller's last album. In a nutshell, I wouldn't rule that out at some point.

You can add Abba to that list too. They might not be everybodies cup of tea, but they could sell out Wembley stadium in five minutes if they got back together. They have had plenty of offers over the years and they have turned them all down.

If the divorce/tax bill, etc is big enough, they will reform. People talk a good game about not ‘reforming’, but as soon as the cash is needed, any difference can be reconciled. Unless death has intervened, so a Joy Division reunion is unlikely.

I would say a reformed Crucial Three is unlikely

The Housemartins.

The Housemartins.

The Smiths. ABBA?

Ride.

Curve.

Chapterhouse.

Bridewell Taxis.

The Housemartins.

The Smiths. ABBA?

Ride.

Curve.

Chapterhouse.

Bridewell Taxis.

MAJOR bands???

Curve did reform. Well, they changed their entire lineup and their name to Garbage, but I am certain they were still the same band making the same music!

I really meant megastar type bands that could name their price and sell out Wembley/MSG dozens of times over.

Of those that DIDN'T reform, I can only think of The Beatles and (as suggested above) ABBA.

If we're just talking about bands we happen to like, well I'm still waiting for the Brinsley Schwarz reunion. :)

Â