• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 55)
    • Bannan (for Heskey 63)
    • Albrighton (for Delph 76)

4-1 was an expected result but watching it I thought we could have got something out of the game if we had defended better. But Dunne was on the other side to usual and Clark is not so good at being ready for Warnock's mistakes.

No one stood out as a star performer IMO but I gave MOM to Stan for his usual busy showing.

The thing that stands out to me is the need to get more supply to Bent who is becoming a spectator in too many games! Give him chances and he will score otherwiswe it will be like paying with 10 men every week. I can't think of more than 5 touches of the ball he had?

I still think it is allowed to be disappointed by a Villa defeat? I always want us to win

I'd also like to say I hate Man Citeh, a no mark club with no mark fans. I also despise Gillingham for not being able to hold on to a win a few years back. However on saying that would I swap our position for theirs? Damn right

Does that make me jealous? Maybe but I want to see my club winning things again and being successful, that will not happen under the current set up. I want us to be the best in the country, europe, the world and that is where they are heading and it frustrates the hell out of me that they are a club that have come from nothing to do so and we have been established in this league and on the brink for so long.

Despite the result I had a very enjoyable day out, made so by our fans. Had plenty of laughs throughout the afternoon and celebrated our goal with utter glee. Our mocking poznan celebration was funny as ****, especially as a section of Citeh fans followed it with 'what the **** hell is that' :lol: Was impressed with Clark, did a good job considering it was his first start of the season. Be nice to see him get a run in the side, be it at CB or DM.

Viva Ken Barlowww~

I'm surprised that quite a few people seem to think there was something 'spirited' about Villa's performance on Saturday.

To me it looked a game between a team who knew they didn't have a chance and a team who knew they didn't have to try too hard to win, and could afford to save their energy for the bigger tests coming up. And it all proceeded to its inevitable conclusion, with City jogging to an easy win in a flat, half-paced match.

The French commentator I was listening to kept talking about the the "surprising lack of aggression" from Villa, how it seemed like McLeish was resigned to defeat from the start, etc. And frankly that's the way it looked to me too.

I saw Everton (a club in a similar position to Villa - cash-strapped and not looking like they're going anywhere much) play at City a few weeks ago. They at least put up a fight, frustrated City for over an hour and made them work hard to get the points. Saturday's match, in contrast, looked too much like a stroll in the park for them.

This seeming lack of passion from Villa has been the biggest disappointment for me so far under McLeish. His time at Blues didn't lead me to expect much good football, but I was expecting more fight.

Had a disaster. I had to drive there and took the M60 in the wrong direction! Ended up trying to get there from the wrong side of Manchester only to find that A57 Mancunian Way was closed - after sitting in solid traffic from 1.00 to 3.00!! Eventually, when Mancunian Way reopened at 3.30 dropped off the lads so that they at least saw the second half - I spent the entire second half in Asda opposite as I was so fed up and disheartened that (as expected) we were losing heavily, I couldn't even be bothered to try and go into the ground . I usually love away games too - far more than the home games in fact.

I feel a lot like Rob actually - Man U, Man C , Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are all that matter to the media - why do the rest of us bother except to make up the numbers. It's getting more like the Scottish League all the time.

Oh yeah, I know I took the wrong turn but how bloody stupid of Manchester Council to close down the major road through Manchester on the day of a match! Even my taking the wrong turn wouldn't have mattered for time if they hadn't done that as I would have had plenty of time to rectify my error! :oops: :evil:

Sorry to hear that HEV, that would have driven me over the edge personally.

Is there anyone who went who is able to post up some itemised player ratings? Always interested to see how people performed on an individual basis.

The sad part for me is that we couldn't even compete with Citeh's second string. They showed us little or no respect by resting several players and they were still way too good for us. All of the top five will do that to us now as we are at the moment completely useless and devoid of any creativity to hurt the better teams. Long, long season ahead and survival in the Premiership will be a success with our present squad!

When I took my seat, I thought Villa had a chance as City had rested their top forwards.

The first 15 minutes was OK, but after that it was men against boys. Match of the Day chose to concentrate their analysis on Balotelli. They could have covered several passages of play in the 2nd half when City just passed the ball around us at walking pace.

I've seen Villa lose by more than 3 before, but I don't think I have ever seen a more comprehensive defeat.

If City don't win the title this season, they will surely do so soon. Very impressed. I have to work with them as I am based in Manchester now so this is a big game for me.

Villa crowd was poor, and the away section didn't look quite full either.

When I took my seat, I thought Villa had a chance as City had rested their top forwards.

The first 15 minutes was OK, but after that it was men against boys. Match of the Day chose to concentrate their analysis on Balotelli. They could have covered several passages of play in the 2nd half when City just passed the ball around us at walking pace.

I've seen Villa lose by more than 3 before, but I don't think I have ever seen a more comprehensive defeat.

If City don't win the title this season, they will surely do so soon. Very impressed. I have to work with them as I am based in Manchester now so this is a big game for me.

Villa crowd was poor, and the away section didn't look quite full either.

I agree with the last part of your analysis. The crowd were unusually quiet and i haven't known a villa away crowd be so tame over the last 3 years. I'm pretty sure at one point the Man City fans were chanting Richard Dunne's name louder than we were!

Â