• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 55)
    • Bannan (for Heskey 63)
    • Albrighton (for Delph 76)

The pro McLeish brigade took time to set their stall out for defeat before this game and therefore, as far as they are concerned the result was a foregone conclusion. That is what worries me the most, the defeatist attitude of our fans and to a large extent, the players. Our team just do not look like they believe they are good enough, if the players dont believe it, how is anyone else supposed to.

For all ONeills faults, he had the squad and the fans believeing we could achieve results, could beat the Man Yoos and Arsenals. If someone has the audacity to argue that McLeish is the man to install that type of belief, I want a pint of what your on!

MoM to me, James Milner for having the respect not to celebrate against the club I think he still loves.

Randy Lerner has over 500 MILLION pounds

You think the guy should stick his entire personal wealth into a football team?

Get out of dreamland.

The guy has already invested a massive amount in the club, he isn't rich enough to spend Man City levels of money, he's never going to throw his entire fortune at the club, no one would.

I made a reasoned post and you have completely failed to read it properly, or are not capable of doing so, and I have said no such thing.

i merely, amongst other things, am making the point that we are not exactly owned by a pauper.

And most of his investments into us have been loans.

He does claim to be a fan after all.

I live on 15 per week after bills, how much of his 600 Million do you think he could afford to invest, as a fan ?

Your "reasoned post" started with claiming it's not about money, but "it is to do with a poor performance, lacking skill, energy, commitment, belief. And containing poor defending."

and then went on to bring up money. So forgive me for not seeing it as reasoned when you can't even stick to a coherent argument within one post. Which one is it, the money that Lerner should spend? Or the poor performances and lack of commitment? Surely going by your first point the fact we're "not owned by a pauper" is completely irrelevant. Unless of course your "well reasoned post" was simply incoherent rambling with no real train of thought, which is exactly what it looks like seeing as the main two paragraphs in it directly contradict each other.

As for how much he should invest, I'd say he's done more than fine so far and there had to me a point where the club stands on it's own.

Find me an owner that doesn't invest via loans, all of Abramovich's cash injections have been via loans, and I'm willing to bet Man City's are too. It's by far the best way to do.

You think the guy should stick his entire personal wealth into a football team?Get out of dreamland.

The guy has already invested a massive amount in the club, he isn't rich enough to spend Man City levels of money, he's never going to throw his entire fortune at the club, no one would.

Err Villa fans say you should, means you should!

Or just sell up to someone who will, oh.

Er , where did I say any such thing ? ??????????????????????????

That's surely the implication with bringing up his millions. Why else mention it? It's not like people don't know we have a billionaire owner.

The only time people bring it up is in a "get your hand in your pocket" way, where they seem to think he should just keep on ploughing money in to the club with no return.

I do want him to spend his money, because we need it, and because we were promised it, but my point is more than that - where is the drive, the ambition, the aggressive dod eat dog marketing ? Where are the talents at Board Level, where are we going ? He owns the Club, and claims it is not for investment purposes, is he happy with 7th ? Are you ? If Man City are such an obstacle - surely only to 1st Place ? - where is the plan to overcome the obstacle ? The Plan for 4th ? The plan for when it goes belly up at Man U, or Chelsea ?

Where is ANYTHING ?

How will we feel if we sit and watch another 5 Man Citys in the next 5 years ? And drift along ? Will you be as content competing for 14th as for 7th ?

We are not - or should not be - Stoke, or Sunderland, we are Aston Villa, the biggest Club in the Midlands of over 6 million people, and one of the Top Clubs in English Football.

So yes, a couple of hundred million, a load of passion, some commiunication to the fans of a strategy, a strategy, a marketting drive, some talent in the Board, some passion, some of that Billionaire nous, would all be welcome.

I'm only a hard up fan, he is a wealthy one, I am sick of where we are going under him, slowly but surely, and sick of the acceptance of his reign either through fear of who worse we may get or appreciation of times past.

The pro McLeish brigade took time to set their stall out for defeat before this game and therefore, as far as they are concerned the result was a foregone conclusion. That is what worries me the most, the defeatist attitude of our fans and to a large extent, the players. Our team just do not look like they believe they are good enough, if the players dont believe it, how is anyone else supposed to.

For all ONeills faults, he had the squad and the fans believeing we could achieve results, could beat the Man Yoos and Arsenals. If someone has the audacity to argue that McLeish is the man to install that type of belief, I want a pint of what your on!

MoM to me, James Milner for having the respect not to celebrate against the club I think he still loves.

Problem is, is that at the time we had a better squad. Our midfield has been decimated.

The pro McLeish brigade took time to set their stall out for defeat before this game
I think there's 16 teams in the league that will set their stall out for a defeat before playing Man City away this season.

The only ones who won't are Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, and even Chelsea will be nervous about it, and Liverpool should be looking for a defeat, but they're just deluded about how good they are.

You think the guy should stick his entire personal wealth into a football team?

Get out of dreamland.

I made a reasoned post and you have completely failed to read it properly, or are not capable of doing so, and I have said no such thing.

i merely, amongst other things, am making the point that we are not exactly owned by a pauper.

And most of his investments into us have been loans.

He does claim to be a fan after all.

I live on 15 per week after bills, how much of his 600 Million do you think he could afford to invest, as a fan ?

Your "reasoned post" started with claiming it's not about money, but "it is to do with a poor performance, lacking skill, energy, commitment, belief. And containing poor defending."

and then went on to bring up money. So forgive me for not seeing it as reasoned when you can't even stick to a coherent argument within one post. Which one is it, the money that Lerner should spend? Or the poor performances and lack of commitment? Surely going by your first point the fact we're "not owned by a pauper" is completely irrelevant. Unless of course your "well reasoned post" was simply incoherent rambling with no real train of thought, which is exactly what it looks like seeing as the main two paragraphs in it directly contradict each other.As for how much he should invest, I'd say he's done more than fine so far and there had to me a point where the club stands on it's own.

Find me an owner that doesn't invest via loans, all of Abramovich's cash injections have been via loans, and I'm willing to bet Man City's are too. It's by far the best way to do.

You are a rude person aren't you - had a row with the wife ?

Als o you appear to lack basic skills.

The post talked about the perfromance today, and the fact that losing to Man City was not because of money but the reasons stated. It went on to criticise Lerners stewardship of the Club.

Sorry if that was too much for you .

And I don't care what other owners do, they aren't my Club - and I'm not aware how many of them have decleared themselves fans of the Club they own either.

Problem is, is that at the time we had a better squad. Our midfield has been decimated.

The first 20 minutes showed that their is talent within our squad, they just couldnt live with Man City once Warnock gifted them the second goal. Managers have to impart belief in the players, man management skills. Big Ron was awesome at it.

I have to question the substitutions because they were absolutely diabolical. Why take Delph off for NZogbia? That left Petrov who tires after 60 minutes without his legs (Delph). Then Heskey for Bannen who promptly dropped back in alongside Petrov, so now we have a pair of midfield enforcers built like leprachauns. No wonder we got overrun!

So anyway, back to the match...

Always likely to lose, and didn't play as badly as we could all round.

But for me, Heskey was dire I know Bannan has played a lot of football recently, but surely that wasn't a fully fit Heskey!? Zero movement, no touch, no vision, just awful. Delph wasn't much better but looked like he was trying at least.

Glaring error from Warnock but made amends and had a good game.

Agbonlahor is not a natural finisher we know this, worked hard to get in position.

Bent no service.

Clark did fine stepping in.

Midfield really needs some work.

The midfield is a REAL problem and has to be dealt with. Nobody is prepared to run with the ball which means we don't open teams up and give our forwards something to work with. Delph and Ireland look like pub footballers and Petrov's only contribution on the ball is to pass back to Dunne or Given which is a gutless cop out. We look more dynamic with the likes of Bannan on the field as he looks like he's prepared to take responsibility - the senior guys simply don't !

The pro McLeish brigade took time to set their stall out for defeat before this game
I think there's 16 teams in the league that will set their stall out for a defeat before playing Man City away this season.

The only ones who won't are Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, and even Chelsea will be nervous about it, and Liverpool should be looking for a defeat, but they're just deluded about how good they are.

See where your argument breaks down is that if every club had that mentality, there would never be an upset, the favourites would always win wouldnt they?

Actually, when push comes to shove, its 11 v 11 and if you prepare properly, you give yourself a chance, just a sliver of an opportunity to go and win. Call it a game plan. Did we have one today? Please explain what it was apart from sitting deep and hitting Gabby?

Turned the radio off at 2-0.

I knew we would lose so not really arsed about the result...it's the predictability of the results against the top 4 that are making the game boring. Football is now way down my list of priorities and teams like Citeh are one of the reasons it's all going to shite

Nobody laying in Ireland, good news, perhaps he IS becoming a decent player for us.

Cant believe McLeish taking him off. Only player looking decent going forward and he subs him for one of the biggest flops of the season while delph and heskey stay on? Im tired of these clueless managers

So anyway, back to the match...

Always likely to lose, and didn't play as badly as we could all round.

But for me, Heskey was dire I know Bannan has played a lot of football recently, but surely that wasn't a fully fit Heskey!? Zero movement, no touch, no vision, just awful. Delph wasn't much better but looked like he was trying at least.

Don't get why Heskey started either.

Im almost past caring tho given our rubbish manager , proud history / bleak future etc

See where your argument breaks down is that if every club had that mentality, there would never be an upset, the favourites would always win wouldnt they?

Actually, when push comes to shove, its 11 v 11 and if you prepare properly, you give yourself a chance, just a sliver of an opportunity to go and win. Call it a game plan. Did we have one today? Please explain what it was apart from sitting deep and hitting Gabby?

No, because upsets are upsets because they aren't expected.

We're also not talking about the clubs, we're on about the fans, so where your argument falls down is the fact that what the fans think leading up to a game bears no relevance on how the club prepares for it.

You are a rude person aren't you - had a row with the wife ?

Als o you appear to lack basic skills.

The post talked about the perfromance today, and the fact that losing to Man City was not because of money but the reasons stated. It went on to criticise Lerners stewardship of the Club.

Nothing I said was rude, I simply asked a question based on the fact your post contradicted itself. And you've admitted that my first inference of your post was correct, that you want Lerner to pour even more of his wealth into it, so where exactly is the problem?

Thought we competed not too badly in the first half. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Gabby had scored or laid on an assist with that first breakthrough. Man C got slowly on top in the rest of the half and then we collapsed early in the second. Our confidence disappeared, we started missing our passes and we gave away soft goals. We could have done better today in the second half if we'd had a clearer idea of what system we were playing, if the players had known more about where their teammates were on the pitch, and if they had been able to pass the ball there.

I expected to lose tbf but I don't feel as calm about things as I thought I would after 15-20 minutes because we fell away badly after that.

can't really name a MOTM. Maybe Petrov but no outstanding performances tbh.

Â