• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 55)
    • Bannan (for Heskey 63)
    • Albrighton (for Delph 76)

In Germany you pay for a cheap match ticket, and also get free food and drink at the ground and travel to and from the game included. The result? Stadia which are full with the people who make football what it is.

Not that I don't love the German game, but where the hell does this free food, drink and travel happen?! :shock:

Clearly I'm supporting the wrong German team.

I'll have to check back with my mate who knows a lot more about the German game than me. But it's definitely done at certain German clubs.

As for the Man City incident. It's clearly another example of the way fans are treated like scumbags these days by jobsworth club officials, police and stewards. It's certainly not a problem exclusive to Eastlands.

I agree. It says a lot that the biggest danger to fans now are heavy handed stewards like the ones we have. Sure, it's moved on from the 70s/80s where it kicked off every single week, but it's simply gone from one extreme to another. The irony is that City are actively encouraging fans to try and improve the atmosphere and when we do try, we get kicked out. Thankfully though block 110, the 2nd block along from the away end which I'm in, doesn't get any grief from the stewards.

Didn't Bannan have to get liquid stitches on his heel while on Scotland duty, I reckon thats why he didn't start. Plus we didn't have Collins out there. Oh well. On to the next game.

What a predictable thread. Fellow Villa fans tearing chunks out of each other, posters extrapolating todays result to justify their views about Lerner or AMcL coupled with with the usual outrageous comments.

The facts are really simple. Football today is all about money. We played a side who have invested the thick end of half a billion pounds in their squad. Their strength in depth is such that they can rest their so called better players and beat us comfortably.

Personally I don't believe it would have made one jot of difference who our manager was. Its all about how much you pay the prostitutes that are most premiership footballers to play for you. Or MON would have made a difference? Try checking the recent results away to Man City.

The simple fact is that Randy Lerner has not got enough money or more likely does not want to commit money to compete with countries or individuals who have made their money in natural resources and by and large have virtually unlimited resources. The clowns who regularly call for Lerner to leave are expecting what precisely? Oh yes that will be some sovereign state in the Middle East to buy us. All that will make us is the same as the pimps that are the owners and fans of the likes of Man City.

Its a terribly sad condemnation of modern day football that I like probably many Villa fans had little interest in following todays match. It was abundantly clear what would happen, namely we would be soundly beaten. Of course that has given the McLeish haters fresh impetus but that is really missing the point. I personally doubt that any of the managers we could have had at the club post MON or Houllier could have done any better.

Oh and one final thought. Milner not celebrating his goal? What a **** joke that is. He was going nowhere with his career save for having a season ticket for the U21s until he played for us. Perceived better money and prospects with Man City and he could not leave quick enough. I'd rather he had gone ape shit when he scored. At least that would have suggested he actually cared about his latest paymasters. The only slack I would cut him is he did not act like a total rocket polisher a la Gareth Barry.

I agree with everything that you said, but this is what I'm wondering: Why did it take Man City's recent antics in the transfer market for this realization? Wasn't this always (Premier League at least) the case with the former Top 4? They were always able to way outspend everyone else and that guaranteed their success.

It seems that so many slate Man City as if they went about it somehow differently. I suppose they fast-tracked the process, but in the end it's the same: The best players gravitate to a select few clubs who will pay top dollar for them. In that respect, I hate Man City as much as I do every other top club and genuinely wonder if they really enjoy near foregone conclusions.

I guess in the end I'm happy that Man City is behaving in such a way because it really brings the problem to the fore. I hope the whole system blows up and is replaced by a model that guarantees some parity in talent. Until then, I will give a big (or should I say small) ho hum to whatever happens with Villa.

All so horribly predictable.

An Arsenal fan said something very similar to me after they really played Utd.

That's the way things are now. Man Utd, Man City and to a lesser extent Chelsea are now head and shoulders above the vast majority of teams in the Premier League.

I was at the game today and general consensus was that we at least gave it a go and for the first 15 minutes were the better team. City then went up a gear and that was that. We never threw the towel in though and kept trying. Simple facts are though that man for man they just simply had by far a better team.

MoM to me, James Milner for having the respect not to celebrate against the club I think he still loves.

Ok this is getting a tad annoying, Milner does NOT give a TOSS about us

We were merely a convenient stepping stone

Wankstain, money grabbing word removed

Yeah looked that way didnt it?! Really?

Another pariah for you to villify CI.

Headlines to wake up to..........

Hapless Villa slammed for 4

City thrash Villa to move top

Manchester City go top after routing Aston Villa

City romp to Villa win

Player for player they were just better than us..........yep, same with Fulham who put in a shift and took a point of them.

I'm really not sure what to make of this performance.

- I didn't expect a win, but then I didn't expect a weakened City side either.

- I didn't expect to see Bannan as Heskey was starting but then he came on anyway. What's with that?

- I expected us to be under the pump, but didn't expect us to concede 2 simple goals from set pieces and gift another through the worst of schoolboy errors.

- I didn't expect Clark or Ireland to start and I was happy with both of their performances.

So I'm really not sure if I should be happy that we played some good football with some good starting choices against a club that we have a very bad record against at their home ground (even before the money arrived)....

... or upset that we gave up 3 goals so easily against a side that was not their starting lineup and made some baffling substitutions (Ireland off, Bannan not starting).

Headlines to wake up to..........

Hapless Villa slammed for 4

City thrash Villa to move top

Manchester City go top after routing Aston Villa

City romp to Villa win

Player for player they were just better than us..........yep, same with Fulham who put in a shift and took a point of them.

That was a home game for Fulham who have a great record at home. Plain and simply Man City are a much stronger team at home (Warnock's goal was the home goal conceded by City).

It was a strange game, I thought we played well in the first half and had a couple of decent patches in the second.

Was very disappointed to concede to goals from set pieces but with Collins and Cuellar out we are weaker in that area.

I thought Ireland looked a lot better, Clark did well and Hutton was better than last week. But Delph had another poor game and Heskey struggled. You expect to lose by 3 goals when playing City but we concede too many soft goals, lets hope that we don't make the same mistakes against teams we are expected to get points against.

I went yesterday. We plaued well in patches I thought, and certainly dominated them in that first 20. Should've scored. That word removed Balotelli got his goal, suspicions of handball by the player that passed to him (Toure?) but we should have defended.

Warnock's overhead kick was utterly moronic and totally needless and cost us any chance of the game being won or at very least drawn. 1-0 is a dangerous lead.

Poor defending for the third, we really fell to pieces at set pieces today, if we hadn't who knows what we'd have done.

Fourth was a class goal but not enough closing down.

Again, we refuse to tackle on the wing, we need to either spread our middle players wide or start with our two wingers. It's been a real problem for us.

Nice to see us get the first league goal there, in fact only us and Napoli have scored there this season - that says a lot.

Petrov our MOTM, tackled well, ran well, should have shot a few times but hey.

On a positive note, our fans were class and I can lay some sort of claim to help spark the revenge Poznan, as i grabbed the bloke standing next to me and span him round as soon as we scored to try and get a bit of revenge back on them. :lol: Overall our fans were class and theirs were disappointing, only heard them when they scored, and only briefly before we began singing again. "4-1, and you still don't sing" being a highlight, and the traditional "we forgot that you were here"/"shall we sing a song for you?". Also the shouts of "Villa, villa, villa, villa" drowned out "Blue Moon" at the start. Great atmosphere and expected result. Win against WBA and we'll resume our charge for the top 4. ;)

On a side note, Alan Hutton is a far far worse player than Stephen Warnock. SW's mistake wasn't pretty but it was hardly the worst defending I've seen from a Villa player recently, he just swiped at it.

Hutton is out of position nearly all of the time.

We are in desperate need of a DM a la Reo-Coker. Also I'd rather put Herd at right-back than anyone. If not bring back Cuellar there. We're not in any position to be able to pick and choose players based on strengths and weaknesses - just a good defender will do!

I went yesterday...

Petrov our MOTM, tackled well, ran well, should have shot a few times but hey.

On a positive note, our fans were class and I can lay some sort of claim to help spark the revenge Poznan, as i grabbed the bloke standing next to me and span him round as soon as we scored to try and get a bit of revenge back on them. :lol: Overall our fans were class and theirs were disappointing, ..

. I went too. I agree that up until they scored the first goal it was pretty even - neither side was particularly good, but we know City can step up, with their players, but Villa can't.

I think our shape and selection was wrong. Ireland and Heskey contributed little. Yes Heskey moved around and covered, but other than Gabby's pace we had nothing up front. DB looked uninterested. I thought Stan and Delph were decent in the middle.

Both the fullbacks were frequently caught out, Dunne and Clark did OK, but nothing special. Given couldn't seem to hold the ball.

Milner's goal was a stunner - the pass he made, and then the shot, and he showed his class with his reaction.

In terms of the fans, I guess it's a reflection of the way football has gone. It was nailed on that City would win the game. We knew it, their fans knew it. So we turn up and have a bit of a laugh, they turn up and enjoy watching a tremendous side take us apart. There was no tension to inspire them into rousing themselves, it was a procession to an inevitable outcome.

City fans are alright, generally. Some of the better fans you tend to meet. Obviously there's a lot of new glory hunters there now, as would be the case at Villa if we were in their situation, but equally they had decent support at time when they were garbage.

The whole jealousy about money thing I suppose is human nature, but for me, if someone was going to get the equivalent of a Euro Lottery win, then City's fans would have been close to the top of my list to get it - they've had a years and years of being underdogs to the lot from Old Trafford, they'd won now't for ages, till last season and yet their support remained at good levels.

Their stewarding in that bit in the corner was stupid, they need to sort that out.

Â