Things to Do in Birmingham When You're There

slovenian

What I love most about Birmingham is how you can go on a great night out without even going into the City Centre. There's not that many towns can boast that. I'd rather go out in Harborne, Kings Heath or Moseley than Broad Street any day. Although most nights which start in one of those 3 do usually end up in the Yardbird* and then Snobs.

*I usually drag people to the Yardbird first because there was a really really hot girl eyeing me up in there once. I wouldn't mind the ego boost of it happening again. Alas, I think it was a one-off.

The Yardbird was surprisingly good when I popped over during the summer. We then went to the Victoria (?) near the Hippodrome. Very nice places dotted around Brum without touchıng the chav-fest that is Broad Street.

Moseley is a quality night out if you're eating.. I think it's got the best resteraunts-bar combinations in Birmingham..

However if you're just drinking - there are better bars in Harborne IMO.

Kings Heath wins for breakfast.. Cherry Reds. Pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, and Trappist Beer.

Who was the Villa "legend" in the end?
Never met one in the end. I joked that knowing my luck it'd probably be Steve Staunton. Lo & behold a mate of mine met old Stan Laurel in one of the pubs and got a picture. So it might've ended up being him. I dunno.

• 2 months later...
Â