Spain vs Scotland (Euro 2012 Qualifier)

NorthEastVillan

Its all huff and puff with no real end product though, and you get the impression that Spain have declared. They could step it up a gear or two if they had to.

though I agree with you rev, I do.feel as if we (England) showed the same passion, we would have been a bit more successful. lets not forget most of these guys are no better than championship players.

Indeed. Which is why they never qualify for anything. Being underachievers isnt much to write home about, but its much better than being the glorious failures that Scotland always end up as.

Lithuania must not even be trying as this is an awful Czech team nowadays and unless they draw Estonia I doubt they'll get through the play offs.

oh-look-he-mad.jpg

That was our B team with a couple of regulars like Cech and we dominated. Czechs are very underrated and we will do well.

Lithuania must not even be trying as this is an awful Czech team nowadays and unless they draw Estonia I doubt they'll get through the play offs.

oh-look-he-mad.jpg

That was our B team with a couple of regulars like Cech and we dominated. Czechs are very underrated and we will do well.

Lithuania beat you at home earlier in the group..

You were lucky with the penalty at Hampden and Levein completely bottling attacking you in Prague.

The last decent Czech team was in 2004 when Rosicky and Baros were younger than much better than the broken versions we have now and Nedved, Poborsky and Koller were all still around. Arguably should've won that tournament.

oh-look-he-mad.jpg

Lithuania beat you at home earlier in the group..

You were lucky with the penalty at Hampden and Levein completely bottling attacking you in Prague.

The last decent Czech team was in 2004 when Rosicky and Baros were younger than much better than the broken versions we have now and Nedved, Poborsky and Koller were all still around. Arguably should've won that tournament.

Lithuania did beat us but that was in the beginning of qualifying and things were still pretty bad with team chemistry. Michal Bílek really didn't know how to make the team gel and we were playing well below average prior to qualifying as well. The penalty may or may not have been a dive, but I think we should have tied the game regardless. It was a hard fought game from both the Czechs and Scotland so I think a point was deserved.

Czech was good in the 2008 Euros and the only reason we didn't go farther was because Cech completely gave the game to turkey in the last 15 minutes with 3 critical errors.

I think we will make it to the euros and we will do well. We have a lot of good youth players right now and players like Rosicky, Plasil, and Baros are still good.

I thought this was the Spain v. Scotland thread?!

Anyone wonder why the Scots fans only sing the part of their national anthem that includes the bit about "sending the English home"...they have many verses yet always sing the same part?!

It's Scotland. You know, where Catholics hate Protestants, Protestants hate Catholics, Glasgow hate Edinburgh, Edinburgh hate Glasgow, the Lowlanders hate the Highlanders, the Highlanders hate the Lowlanders and everybody hates the English.

Besides that, its a lovely country full of friendly people

It's Scotland. You know, where Catholics hate Protestants, Protestants hate Catholics, Glasgow hate Edinburgh, Edinburgh hate Glasgow, the Lowlanders hate the Highlanders, the Highlanders hate the Lowlanders and everybody hates the English.

Besides that, its a lovely country full of friendly people

Sounds just like England.... and Ireland.... and Wales.... in fact, it's a wholly Brittanic attitude!

I forget which comedian said it (might have been Frankie Boyle) but he remarked "I saw a bloke pissing on a door.... then when he finished he fumbled in his pockets, got his keys out, opened the door and went in" sums Glasgow up! (Dundee's a shithole as well.)

Â