games involving stealth

leemond2008

does any one know of any games that heavily rely on stealth?

one of my fave games when I was a kid was tenchu and then metal gear solid but it always seems to be an aspect that games overlook

they always seem to have a level or mission or two which involves sneaking round and not being seen but I am looking for something where that is the main focus of the game

any idea's any one?

The Hitman games, particularly Hitman: Blood Money. Not predominantly stealth, more like disguises and subterfuge, but it's that same schneaky atmos.

The Thief series of games are idolised by stealthy game fans, but I haven't played them.

Assassin's Creed.

Really? I didn't think AC 2 was a stealth game, it was more like a hack n' slash adventure game. Stealth was a tiny part of it IMO, Brotherhood was a little more stealth, but I think it's an action game with a little bit of stealth.

The Hitman games, particularly Hitman: Blood Money. Not predominantly stealth, more like disguises and subterfuge, but it's that same schneaky atmos.

The Thief series of games are idolised by stealthy game fans, but I haven't played them.

Hitman :thumb:

It has aged horribly though, it's essentially a last gen game. Wait for the next Hitman.

Bit of a marmite game but...Far Cry 2. I hated it at first but once I got over the steep learning curve, I loved it

Once you do a few of the weapons missions you should be able to equip yourself with enough stuff to take out a base by stealth

does any one know of any games that heavily rely on stealth?

one of my fave games when I was a kid was tenchu and then metal gear solid but it always seems to be an aspect that games overlook

they always seem to have a level or mission or two which involves sneaking round and not being seen but I am looking for something where that is the main focus of the game

any idea's any one?

The stealth genre these days isn't overlooked. It's knowingly avoided because it was milked to buggery and got really tired a good few years back when Splinter Cell was at its peak.

That said, MGS4 is worth your attention.

I'd recommend the old Splinter Cell games if you havent played them. The ones on the current generation of consoles have been poor, but the original Xbox games were great. They have just got a HD remake release on PS3.

Rite then I've got metal gear 4 which I'm about to start now (been waitin till I completed heavy rain before starting it, what a **** game that was) and I mite pop out and see if I can pick up the HD splinter cell for the ps3 later as well

Â