I think I'm gonna get my property valued again

Dante_Lockhart

If you don't want/need to move, and are happy to stay put for a few years the valuation is irrelevant.

Don't worry.

Even if you do want to move your property might have dropped in value, but the chances are the property you're moving to has as well. When you're buying and selling in the same market then generally the changes in house price don't really matter too much.

the strange thing about house prices is when they rise, people feel wealthier when in fact they generally are not, when they slump or stagnate people feel poorer when in fact generally they are not, I guess were not helped by putting our faith in an economy that was part driven by ever increasing house prices and the continued obsession with getting them moving upward again.

I wish we could get back to just seeing houses as a homes, somewhere to live not a commodity just to make an easy and quick buck out of.

Cut the agent out, use one of the many sites that list on rightmove and the other major house selling websites, urbansalesandlettings is one, they only charge £200, one of fee and you deal with the buyers.

Advertise the price low, put offers in excess off and see what happens.....good luck

So there are ways of selling your house without having to pay thousands to agents?

Absolutely. Its a question of hassle.

All Agents really do is market your property as widely as possible, make appointments with interested buyers and do the viewings. You are able to do most of this yourself if you want, but its a question of having the time/being arsed.

You'd still need a solicitor for the legal bit....

Might be a good time to try and negotiate a good rate with the agent. The money they get for what they do is criminal. We paid an agent £2.5k for a couple of ads in the paper and a slot on rightmove.

This.

We paid 3k and it was only on the market 2 days and that was because the couple saw the board going up when viewing a property over the road. When it came to the viewing the agent just stood there like a plumb whilst I showed the couple round despite me telling them I was nervous about it as I had never shown anyone round before "Oh don't worry Mr Stubbs the agent will take care of the viewing" :angry:

I think it depends on how realistic you are with the valuation and prepared to lose money. We lost about 10k but we bought when the market was in its pomp but we paid less for the new place.

Location of nearby good schools is one of the most critical factors

This. For example here in Kent to be within Cranbrook Grammar Schools catchement area is reported to add c.£50k to the price of a house.

Location of nearby good schools is one of the most critical factors

This. For example here in Kent to be within Cranbrook Grammar Schools catchement area is reported to add c.£50k to the price of a house.

Is your real name Clarence?

Having renovated a house over four years ago, a valuation is the last thing I want to get done. **** bankers.

My wife's cousin was a senior banker at RBS, he took a golden handshake and now advises companies with debt problems.

Add he supports Liverpool and is also a smarmy clearing in the woods. You could say I don't like the man.

Â