I think I'm gonna get my property valued again

Dante_Lockhart

Had it done in June last year and it was about 20k under what I paid for it 5 years before. Had a letter from Dixons Estate Agents the other day with the whole 'there is demand in your area' speil, so I figured why not.

No harm in having someone come round to value it. Plus if it's a decent enough valuation I might put it on the market.

How is the market at the moment?

The "demand in your area" stuff is bollocks.

From what Ive seen at the moment agents are trying to push through sales by keeping valuations as low as possible. Sell em cheap and sell more is better for their profits than selling for another £10k but selling less....... if that makes sense. :?

'Pants' would be my answer to that question.

From my experience, house prices are relatively stable, but demand is low. You might get your house valued at a nice price, but selling it anywhere near to that value could be a different matter all together.

Very flat. My guess is it will be even lower than the last valuation.

Really? The guy I spoke to said it's better than people think it is. Guess the visit will tell.

Funny that......... :lol:

Might be a good time to try and negotiate a good rate with the agent. The money they get for what they do is criminal. We paid an agent £2.5k for a couple of ads in the paper and a slot on rightmove.

Had it done in June last year and it was about 20k under what I paid for it 5 years before. Had a letter from Dixons Estate Agents the other day with the whole 'there is demand in your area' speil, so I figured why not.

No harm in having someone come round to value it. Plus if it's a decent enough valuation I might put it on the market.

Market still very flat. I currently own 1 flat and 1 Apartment. I can' t sell either as there's not enough equity in either.

I'm buying a house with my GF, but am not selling either property due to the market. (going to let both out).

But if you bought at the peak about 5 years ago, a property that you bought at say £150 k would now perhaps be worth £130 k, yes.

But it's also a bit regional. I'm in the northwest. The London market is still relatively bouyant, I believe.

Market still very flat. I currently own 1 flat and 1 Apartment. I can' t sell either as there's not enough equity in either.

I'm buying a house with my GF, but am not selling either property due to the market. (going to let both out).

But if you bought at the peak about 5 years ago, a property that you bought at say £150 k would now perhaps be worth £130 k, yes.

But it's also a bit regional. I'm in the northwest. The London market is still relatively bouyant, I believe.

They are **** parasites. I have never met an honest one and try to limit my dealings with them as far as possible.

We moved 12 months ago, and I got 3 quotes.... the first woman came with a **** power point on how she would sell my house. I asked how much it would cost and she refused to discuss her rate until I'd signed the contract. She got thrown out.

The next bloke looked like a **** lizard.

All you need to know three things..

1) What is the house worth?

2) What are they going to sell it for?

3) How much are they going to charge?

What is the difference between a flat and an apartment? :?

I though one was an Americanisation of the other.

Apartments are posher! :winkold:

Mine's a studio apartment! (It has a mezzanine level). :lol: :winkold:

Had it done in June last year and it was about 20k under what I paid for it 5 years before.

Put it on the market for what reason? If you want to move up to a more expensive property then a depressed market is good news, all prices drop, not just yours, and the margin will be smaller.

I am not selling mine as moving in with Girlfriend but going for Birmingham City Council option.

They will pay me £500 a month for my 2 bedroom house. Yes its DHSS but to get landlords to rent to DHSS in their emegency needs they will do the following:

Pay me the rent direct instead of tenant.

Pay a big deposit so that any damage is repaired by them

If the tenant moves out they will carry on paying for rent until tey put someone else in

They pay for the enviro cert

They pay for a 1 day landlords course that you have to do.

I pay for

gas and elec cert (if anybody knows anybody cheap pm me)

Normal property repairs and my insurance.

It is about £60 less rent than a house 2 doors down but no agency fees which really build up and I can do rolling 6 or 12 month contracts

Â