Xbox One

hogso

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Isn't Crackdown meant to be coming out this year? I imagine that all look pretty awesome on Scorpio. 

Though, I've never really been into the Crackdown games and am unsure why there's hype for it. 

Think next year will be a good year for ms, I imagine they will have lots of games after the release of Scorpio. 

Crackdown has meant to be "this year" for the last 2 years.

The game is complicated as its tech requires 8-9x the power the Xbox One can generate so they are having to use cloud computing to solve the problem. This in theory is just fine there is nothing all that difficult about tying a destruction model to servers, but latency for some players may be an issue.

So I feel the hold up at this point is limiting latency issues. I mean no one wants to destroy a building and have chunks of debris juddering in the air because it's de-syncing.

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Microsoft need a big E3 but I think Sony again will go with loads of games and properly show off death stranding and FF7 they'll go with the Scorpio and shiny new versions of halo 5, it's still scary that cup head is the best xbone game coming this year

It's something you could read all or nothing from, but - have you seen the floorplans for E3? MS have a booth size half that of last year, in a seperate hall to Sony and Nintendo, next to the big publishers such as Activision and Ubisoft. It's odd. I've read assumptions that this may point towards them doing their own show at some point in the year for Scorpio/other announcements, but, well...why?

24 minutes ago, hogso said:

It's something you could read all or nothing from, but - have you seen the floorplans for E3? MS have a booth size half that of last year, in a seperate hall to Sony and Nintendo, next to the big publishers such as Activision and Ubisoft. It's odd. I've read assumptions that this may point towards them doing their own show at some point in the year for Scorpio/other announcements, but, well...why?

Was it to do with the fact they've changed the date of their E3 show?! They used to do Monday but have changed it to Sunday this year. 

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've had one for a while now, never play it if I'm honest, picked up gears of war 4 at Christmas and still haven't played it

if racing games are your thing then forza is the best and GT on the PS4 will take a long time to come out and probably disappoint

they need a big E3 but I think Sony again will go with loads of games and properly show off death stranding and FF7 they'll go with the Scorpio and shiny new versions of halo 5, it's still scary that cup head is the best xbone game coming this year

I love GT but am fed up of waiting. I also love Forza so I just want to play it now, I miss having a decent track racing car game.

• 1 year later...

It seems Xbox One Scarlett is in production and they are rumoured to be bringing out 2 new boxes in 2020 according to this dude.

So one Xbox will be just like your current Xbox's but better hardware, and the other will be a Cloud Streaming Device which will have a price point of around £100.

Microsoft have apparently solved the latency issues with cloud gaming by having the "world" run on the cloud hardware, but collisions (ie, getting shot etc) running on local hardware. So it will be a hybrid of sorts. The cloud machine & game pass seems to be a logical step forward for Microsoft and if they can throw in a few decent exclusives with that, it could be a very affordable way of playing the latest games.

Very interested in this. I think we're at a stage now in the UK where our broadband is generally good enough to do this with Fibre / Cable being in most areas. 

So I think 2020 will look something like....

Xbox One X - To become the standard £200 Xbox console
Xbox One Scarlett - New "premium" machine priced at £400-500
Xbox Cloud Scarlett- Entry £100 device

Will be interesting to see how that would go down with the gaming community 6/7 years after the whole online DRM thing. 

Edited by PieFacE

• 3 months later...

XO18 last night.

Biggest thing announcement for me was new acquisitions. Firstly they announced InXile (The Bard's Tale, Torment, Wasteland) and then topped it with... 

Obsidian (KOTOR 2, Never winter Nights 2, Fallout New Vegas, Dungeon Siege 3, South Park: Stick of Truth, Pillars of Eternity). 

I think it's safe to safe the next ox or whatever its called willed have some RPG's :clap:

Trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 looked fantastic, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay were shown with new content announced. 

16 games for gamepass announced too, most notably Ori and the Blind Forest next month and Ori and the Will o' the Wisps next year. 

I don't think Microsoft are done with the acquisitions yet either.

I'll be surprised if we see anything from their new studios until the E3 when Xbox Scarlett is unveiled. Obsidian and InXile if they start new projects are 2-3 years away from showing anything. Same for The Initiative, Ninja Theory and Compulsion Games.

We may see something from Playground Games and Undead Labs in the next year, but those were already practically second party studios when they were bought out. If they had projects in the works they were likely for Xbox anyway.

Next-gen will be very very interesting, but we won't see much from these acquisitions for another couple years.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree. I can't see anything from all these studios till a year or two into the next gen life cycle. I'm very intrigued what The Initiative will create as they have been hiring good staff. Also really looking forward to the new Halo as I feel they're going to give the franchise a complete new look/style. Can see it being an open world type game.

Â