Sky Lose Pub Ruling!

makouns_grin

its only good for pubs and clubs, where sky charge against the rateable value of the premises per game, the subscription for Greek nova is around the same as having sports package on Sky per year so the domestic market will not benefit from this.

One step closer to an American-style TV market. Net good for News Corp, maybe good for Sky, definitely good for Disney, probably good for John Malone's Liberty Global.

Within the year, we'll see a deal reached to sell the Sky platform to Liberty Global (who would divest some of their cable company assets like UPC in Ireland) and the Sky platform gets offered on a pan-European basis, similar to DirecTV (which, coincidentally, Malone basically screwed Murdoch (or more properly, News Corporation shareholders not named Murdoch*) out of). Malone sells the Sky channels to News Corporation, perhaps with those channels being given Fox branding. I suspect that the phone calls are being made as I write.

*: this is the primary reason that buying News Corporation shares is essentially a bet on Rupert dying soon: the news of his death will probably mean an immediate 25-30% pop in the share price!

I don't get it. Just get amazing broadband and stream games - just as good quality if you're Internet is fast enough. Or am I missing the point?

You find me a reliable streaming site that will broadcast games in high def and a broadband provider that will give me a line fast enough and reliable enough to deal with said stream and maybe you have a point.

This is wonderful news.

Liverpool want to break away from the collective TV agreement and negotiate their own TV deals like Madrid and Barcelona do.

What a surprise.

Reading the piece on the BBC site about this one thing struck me. What an arrogant, greedy, short sighted knob Ian Ayre is

Liverpool only want to sell overseas. Surely the market isnt that great abroad for them, If was United fair enough
I think it is, certainly in the far east. Legov?

from what i heard that a lot of fans out there are only fair weather Premier League fans and will only cheer for successful teams. Where does Liverpool fit in?

Even sha have won more trophies than liverpool in last 5 years

Liverpool only want to sell overseas. Surely the market isnt that great abroad for them, If was United fair enough

from what i heard that a lot of fans out there are only fair weather Premier League fans and will only cheer for successful teams. Where does Liverpool fit in?

Liverpool have a massive overseas fanbase, **** knows why?

They have the second biggest following in the premier league and are possibly bigger than Man U in the far east (their all red strip is considered "prosperous" and good luck)

80,000 people turned up to watch a crappy friendly in Malaysia over the summer and they had 40,000 just to watch their open training sessions when they were out there.

They are huge out there and would be able to sell their TV rights for loads of money if they were allowed.

Â