Quitting a job

donnie

Left last job to go travelling, since back took me 4 months to find another but absolutely cant stand it. Is it really easier to get another job if you have one or is it easier when unemployed??

Its a transport office role and honestly job is not like what they told me. Not sure whether to man up or just leave and carry on looking.

Few thoughts....

Easier when you have a job, networking and word of mouth for one.

If the job really is not as advertised then use their time to find another job (Phone, internet, tart up your CV, apply online for jobs, fill in applications online, call agencies etc).

Left last job to go travelling, since back took me 4 months to find another but absolutely cant stand it. Is it really easier to get another job if you have one or is it easier when unemployed??

Its a transport office role and honestly job is not like what they told me. Not sure whether to man up or just leave and carry on looking.

Shut the f*** up Donnie, you're out of your element.

could always try to get fired like i am :D (unscucessfully at the moment)

In this climate? Never, NEVER become voluntarily unemployed unless you have a major gameplan up your sleeve.

Very much this. You really shouldn't leave unless you've got something to go to. From the sounds of it, you're not happy there but I still think you'd be best advised to keep plugging at it until you find something better.

There is huge amount of competition out there for jobs right now. I was made redundant in July and am still no nearer to getting a new job.

In this climate? Never, NEVER become voluntarily unemployed unless you have a major gameplan up your sleeve.

Retirement?

If you have any money behind you emigrate if i ever left my current job id grab a working visa down in oz or nz

Retirement?

If you have any money behind you emigrate if i ever left my current job id grab a working visa down in oz or nz

This isn't a bad idea, well if you have the relavent skills and qualifications that are currently in demand I'd definately recommend it, though with the current exchange rate it's not quite as easy to set yourself up in a new life as it used to be, i know I benefitted from going to Australia when the pound was worth 2.4 dollars, came back when it was 1.6, so the money i made actually paid for both relocations all my visa fees airfares etc and i had a little bit left. I look at it as having 2 1/2 years working holiday that cost me nothing.

On the original post, It is always easier to get a job while currently employed, no matter how you dress it up, being Unemployed carries a certain stigma, even if it isn't consciously perceived it is still there and especially where you have become unemployed of your own accord.

Stick in there, take the money but put some serious effort into finding another job, There really isn't any point staying in a job that makes you unhappy longer than you need or have to.

It is much easier when already employed but that doesn´t mean accept everything.

Depending on your situation and personality.

Debtfree and low-cost lifestyle = "Cya suckers, I quit!"

Otherwise, stay and use the time searching for something less bad.

could always try to get fired like i am :D (unscucessfully at the moment)

LOL what do you do to try and get yourself fired??

Reading comments on here, just going to stick it out to I find something else. Gets the gap off my CV from travelling i guess.

Â