Amanda Knox

islingtonclaret

I still think she was guilty. It just doesn't add up at all to be honest. The lack of DNA evidence looks like it got Knox off the hook, yet this was suppoedly 'contaminated' and such.

What was HER & her BF's motive though.. some halloween Satanic ritualistic or sex driven killing? Robbery?

How did the prosecution tie in Gueve, who had already burgled a house just a week previous to Knox and Kercher's cottage?

Did Knox, Sollecito & Gueve know each other previous to this crime? Did they plan a murder with him....or was is it acting out some spur of the moment sadistic sexual fantasy?

These and a million other questions I would like answered before I would even dream of passing a judgement on this case.

As it stands Gueve is in prison for being involved in this murder and his conviction was indeed reaffirmed on appeal...the only issue therefore seems to be is:- Were Knox and Sollecito involved?

The case has been unclear throughout and arguments could be held either way.

Gueve changed his story though.... no one seems to mention this. Also the knife, the supposed murder weapon was found in a kitchen draw at Sollecito's flat- 6 weeks after the murder. The DNA evidence was apparently they found Knox' DNA on it. Surely that is no evidence though.. she could have used it to cut up veg at his flat. Also why take the murder weapon home with you and stick it in the kitchen draw??!!

If they were the murderers of Meredith Kercher, then they were flipping thick!

Very good points Julie and to be honest the whole case is very much reliant on small pieces of evidence and word of mouth.

I still don't understand why Knox would lie about where she had been at the time of the murder though. There is certainly doubt there and it appears that she may be holding something back.

I suppose we will never know now anyway.

The case has been unclear throughout and arguments could be held either way.

Gueve changed his story though.... no one seems to mention this. Also the knife, the supposed murder weapon was found in a kitchen draw at Sollecito's flat- 6 weeks after the murder. The DNA evidence was apparently they found Knox' DNA on it. Surely that is no evidence though.. she could have used it to cut up veg at his flat. Also why take the murder weapon home with you and stick it in the kitchen draw??!!

She changed her story too...

Perhaps the idea of taking it home was to wash it and put it away with other utensils, hoping it wouldn't be noticed. Stranger things have happened.

What about the bloody footprints?

I find it strange that all of the DNA evidence was questioned by 'independent experts' as well. Yes, this would be normal, yet it does seem odd for everything to have worked to her advantage.

What about the bloody footprints?

Yeah but those could surely have been made by anyone discovering the body..

I agree there are also other unanswered questions of Knox & Sollecito... eg why were both of their mobile phones switched off that entire night?...they said cos they were nesting and wanted privacy...do we beleive them though?

Apparently a Mafia contact came forward to say a gang member had admitted to abetting Gueve in the murder...but who knows it's all rumour

and speculation.

the only issue therefore seems to be is:- Were Knox and Sollecito involved?

I think her reaction said it all tonight and previously. She may not have been the killer but the evidence suggests she is not free of some sort of guilt whether it may involve her directly or Sollecito. This has a touch of the OJ decision for me and the Kercher family have no closure as things stand.

The provincial, bumbling, police botched the crime scene so I guess we will NEVER know the truth about what happened

The English guy who lives in Perugia was interesting to listen to on Sky earlier... he took an interest in the case from day one... just out of curiosity and he very much backs up what you've just said.

He told Sky that the Police had managed to destroy 4 computers/laptops that would have provided the defence photos showing Knox and Kercher as close friends.

the Kercher family have no closure as things stand.

Except that Rudy Gueve whose DNA was found INSIDE Kercher is serving 16 years in an Italian prison for her murder.

The police could find no evidence of rape apparently, despite the prosecution sticking to their story of some bizarre sex threesome ritual

taking place.

His name is Guede, not Gueve. He was initially sentenced to a far higher term but had it reduced on admitting to involvement in the murder and apologising. Importantly, the reduction largely came because he claimed to have not actually delivered the cut that ultimately killed her - on reflection that now begs the question if hes not lying, and this pair had no involvement, who did it.

It's likely he is lying given that hes changed his story numerous times. He initially claimed not involvement at all, claiming to have been in the apartment on the basis of an agreed date with Kercher and was in the loo when a mysterious individual killed her.

I also believe that Knox was not totally innocent in this tragedy, there is far too much that is questionable about it all (both of then lying for a start, Knox in particulars weird activities, etc). I feel for the Kerchers because they will never have the full story - todays events only proved incompetence on behalf if the Italian police.

I sincerely hope talk of multimillion dollar interviews and movies proves not to come to pass, it sits very poorly.

Except that Rudy Gueve whose DNA was found INSIDE Kercher is serving 16 years in an Italian prison for her murder.

If he was the only person involved then they have closure JulieB. I doubt they will see it in that way tonight and I think Knox thought the appeal was a very long shot.

I think her reaction said it all tonight .

I think that's a little harsh. I imagine if I was wrongly imprisoned for 4 years I'd be pretty damn relieved that I don't have to spend another 20 in there for something I haven't done.

Had she been smiling and jumping for joy when the verdict was given, then yea, that's more of a "I've got away with it" reaction for me.

From what I know about it she was innocent anyway, the forensics done on the house were childlike attempts by the Italians to give it a bit of Hollywood.

You go in a collect the evidence, simple as that. You don't go in and try and match evidence to a made up story.

Having a bird like that who is innocent and in prison is a waste of a proper fit bird anyway. She will be a multi millionaire by next week. Good luck to her, all the people who are now climbing of the bandwagon of hate can be happy she is earning millions as they are getting splinters out their arse from the wagon. Would I care if she was a 100 kg ugly small heath bird, probably not. Would the Italians knowingly put the fat small heath away with the same evidence, again probably not.

Most of you have probably seen this by now (probably via Twitter), but The Mail spoke too soon (they have now removed this):

Aa20JtyCIAALC2Q.jpg

Sky News did it too.

As soon as they heard the judge say "Guilty" when he was talking about slandering the police, they put up that she'd lost the appeal.

They quickly changed it!

In regards to the appeal, I think it was the right decision. Whether they did it or not is another story.

Â