Canuck Villan coming to watch Norwich Nov 5th, a question...

norton65ca

what an absolutely fantastic day out for me!! i got to VP around 1 pm after spending the morning in central Birmingham taking in some sights such as the Art Gallery etc, then headed up to Witton Stn after realising my initial plan to walk to VP from New Street was categorically insane...lol. (Birmingham is a wee bit bigger than I thought...) The ground was awe inspiring as I approached after having three at the Aston Hotel. A fellow named Ken showed me around after I met him on the train. I spent some money at the Villa shop and wandered around until the ticket kiosk opened, then armed with my ticket and programme I climbed the steps of the Holte for the first time. Fantastic.

The game was gripping until the end, I smashed my shin on the seat in front of me when Bent scored the second goal and am sporting a massive bruise, burnt my tongue badly on the super heated Pukka Pie I bought at half time (Chicken balti of course, bloody delicious I thought), but the entire experience was magnificent. I was on the edge of my seat for the last ten or fifteen minutes I think, hoping and crossing all fingers and toes. End to end action, goal chances and great spirited play from the boys till the final whistle. Off back to the Aston for more after the game, some here may have met me out back on the patio, I had a plaid flat cap on with a black leather jacket. Thanks to the guys seated around me for making my first match a good time by being so friendly and welcoming.

I loved it, and hope one day to come back for more.

cheers and UP THE VILLA!!!! Gary from Victoria BC Canada

Nice one mate. Always good to read stuff like this. I think us locals sometimes take a trip down the Villa for granted. Glad it was a such a good game, although don't be fooled into thinking they're always like that! Wait till you experience getting beat 1 - 0 by someone like Wigan, on a cold Tuesday night! :winkold:

Safe journey home, if you're not already back. UP THE VILLA!

Â