Proudest Gaming Achievements

hogso

Please, feel free to geek out to your hearts content. I wana hear about anything and everything wonderful you've done in games. Old school stuff like finishing Green Hill Act 1 in Sonic in like 10 seconds, or getting the supra hard platinum/1000g in the latest games of today. The more ridiculous / the achievements least people will care about the better :D

Mine is making the top15 rankings for 3v3 matches on Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars. It's a game I have poured more hours into than any other this gen. I'm not actually very good at video games in general, although I really enjoy them. But in SARPBC I found my gaming soulmate :oops:

sarpghdj.jpg

And that is all I have to show for probably over 1000 hours of online play in 3 years :lol:

I was ranked 52nd in the world at fifa 05 & 06 :lol:

the new generation of consoles has been much harder though.

I was in the top 1000 at Socom 2 as well. I was **** ace at that, and whilst top 1000 dont sound much, there were over 1.2 million players at its peak :)

Completing a game is always a decent gaming achievement. Completing it with 100% trophies is obviously even better. I was once ranked number 1 in the world at capture the flag on Black Ops for nearly two days. I beat the person that was ranked number 1 in the world on Fifa 10 4-0.

Completing CoD4 on veteran difficulty, insanely difficult on 2 missions. I also racked up a crazy amount of playtime on that over the years too, 40 days or so. :(

100%'ing Vice city.

Going through Gears 2 on insane and getting most of the achievements aside from the stupid ones.

Being in the top 10 Hammer Throwers on Beijing 2008 too :lol:

Nothing special to boast of here, mostly moments of personal pride rather than global record breaking. I've been gaming for 20-odd years but for some reason the thing that always pops into mind is having completed the obscure Megadrive RPG 'Rings of Power' (made by the guys who later went on to make Crash Bandicoot). It was an obscenely long and tough game (not to mention an overlooked gem of the 16-bit era) and I was a very young and stupid child. It took me like a year and a half of stopping and starting but I nailed it.

In Street Fighter Alpha 2, I once caught and finished my cocky boastful arcade gamer friend with Sodom's Ultra combo. This sounds like inconsequential gobbledygook but, again, we were quite young and neither of us had ever really figured out how to pull off the moves that required a 360 circle of the d-pad. Sodom's Ultra required a *full 720 degree double-circle* (ironic gasp!) of the d-pad and so was on another plane of difficulty entirely compared to the button-mashing we usually settled for... but when my friend whiffed an attack, I went for it and pulled it off. Gales of laughter reduced his ego to dust (though I think he beat me straight away when we changed characters). I'm all the more fond of that memory since nowadays in SF4 I play mostly as Zangief, so those double-circle Supers/Ultras are bread and butter to me.

I could complete the first Virtua Cop with 1 credit using the light gun.

In uni, on one floor of my small dorms, I think I held the record for the fastest run on the very first track of Wipeout 2097 in the Piranha ship. Between me and my main competitor, a Norwegian guy, we reduced that track to a kind of meditative exercise, a psychedelic piece of blurry art.

We weren't as consistent as this guy and maybe not as sharp with the times but we could pull off the perfect laps and I don't think we were far off.

I have a FM2010 career still going where I've taken Villa through 2 seasons undefeated in the Prem, but that's not so impressive since I've quickloaded away a couple of bad results. Also the difficulty seems to get wonky as you go on (Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal have sort of imploded in my game).

Clan game on counterstrike, back in the days when 1.6 was still relatively new. 5 man clutch to win the round and the match in a tournament. Wish I still had the demo of it :(
Must have felt good. I milked years of bragging rights out of killing a 6 man terrorist team with a deagle once, but that was only on a pub server :lol: and way above my normal level of performance. I pretty much suck at online competitive games so the best I can boast of are isolated streaks, like a 10 man backstab streak as spy in TF2 while drunk on wine.

Nothing special to boast of here, mostly moments of personal pride rather than global record breaking. I've been gaming for 20-odd years but for some reason the thing that always pops into mind is having completed the obscure Megadrive RPG 'Rings of Power' (made by the guys who later went on to make Crash Bandicoot). It was an obscenely long and tough game (not to mention an overlooked gem of the 16-bit era) and I was a very young and stupid child. It took me like a year and a half of stopping and starting but I nailed it.

My bro and I completed that one too, took a few months at least. We spent a week or two looking for that bloody fire cave alone. This was the days when t'Internet was hardly available anywhere, so you couldn't just bring up a guide - you either had to wait for a magazine to do one or take a trip to WH Smiths to see if any of the guide books happened to cover the game you wanted.

Good game Rings of Power, the soundtrack was particularly memorable. Graphics looked nice but were jerky as hell. Oh and it was kinda buggy in places too - I remember there was a house in one location that had a chest that gave you unlimited gold, you just had to keep leaving and re-entering to fill it back up. Spent quite a few hours just going in and out of that damn house...

Perfect of every character on level 8 of Street Fighter 2: World Warrior on the SNES. Including Vega, who really reminds me of Fernando Torres.

96 worlds on all 3 save games of Super MarioWorld. Nothing else really comes close to that one.

Perfect of every character on level 8 of Street Fighter 2: World Warrior on the SNES. Including Vega, who really reminds me of Fernando Torres.

Is that even possible?

I love CnC Red Alert 2, we have LAN games at work when the boss goes out for the day.

My best achievement?

Managing West Brom from the Championship to world Champions on FM09

or

Becoming Mitton manor primary school mario kart champion [leaver's day, June 1997].

Blackwing Lair, when it was actually really hard. :thumb:

I was going to say that, but then I was there when you did it! :D

Anyway, my non claims to fame include:

In the early 80s, I used to live down the road from Kevin Toms, who of course wrote the brilliant Football Manager on the ZX Spectrum. He signed my cassette inlay for me.

I also had a walkthrough for Amiga game "Operation Stealth" printed in 'Amiga Format' magazine, and won £50 worth of vouchers.

Â