Nottingham Forest

PauloBarnesi

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have lost count on how many managers they have had in the last 10 years or so. It must be double figures?

Billy Davies Jan 09 - Jun 11

Steve McLaren Jun 11 - Oct 11

Steve Cotterill Oct 11 - Jul 12

Sean O’Driscoll Jul 12 - Dec 12

Alex McLeish Dec 12 - Feb 13

Billy Davies Feb 13 - Mar 14

Stuart Pearce Jul 14 - Feb 15

Dougie Freedman Feb 15 - Mar 16

Philippe Montanier Jun 16 - Jan 17

Mark Warburton Mar 17 - Dec 17

Aitor Karanka Jan 18 - Jan 19

Martin O’Neill Jan 19 - Jun 19

Sabri Lamouchi Jun 19 - Oct 20

Chris Hughton Oct 20 - Sep 21

Steve Cooper Sep 21 - for many years to come I would expect…

I think that’s all the supposedly “permanent” managers who have taken charge. Judging by the duration of a couple of them I’m not sure if I’ve discounted someone who wasn’t meant to be a stop gap appointment. I feel Gary Brazil warrants a mention as he’s apparently taken charge on three separate occasions managing 22 games, with a not totally terrible recorded of 7 wins and 4 draws.

In comparison to Forest’s 15 managers (Billy Davies x2) listed above, Villa have had 9 managers in that time (MON, Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, RDM, Bruce, Smith) so not exactly streets ahead, but the door hasn’t revolved quite as much.

Incidentally it’s kinda strange that Lambert hasn’t found himself at the City Ground, seems like it would have been an inevitable appointment.

• Shocked 1

• 2 months later...

They have a good shot of making play offs but probably won't get promoted. I've always kept an eye on the championship since our stint there and its good to see ex villan Lewis Grabban doing well there. He would have been a good striker for us had we signed him permanently and he was unlucky not to get promoted with us in 2018. They also gave us Matty Cash so i quite like Forest

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can imagine the media buzz if they got promoted. 

Similar to Leeds. 

Wonder if people would find it as annoying if the media was waxing lyrical about Forest as they did with Leeds. 

Wrong thread mate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

They have a good shot of making play offs but probably won't get promoted. I've always kept an eye on the championship since our stint there and its good to see ex villan Lewis Grabban doing well there. He would have been a good striker for us had we signed him permanently and he was unlucky not to get promoted with us in 2018. They also gave us Matty Cash so i quite like Forest

I'm pretty sure they were handsomely rewarded for this.

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Similar to Leeds. 

Wonder if people would find it as annoying if the media was waxing lyrical about Forest as they did with Leeds. 

They are a midlands club  so halve the media buzz as an immediate starting off point. Manchester has the Media City, Leeds now has Channel 4, London has everything else.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Similar to Leeds. 

Forest are a far more likeable club.

But I believe you’re wrong, the media buzz wouldn’t be a quarter that accompanied Leeds’ promotion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

That isn't saying much.

Leeds- Milwall- Glasgow Rangers-Cardiff.................................... Every other club

You’re missing a rather obvious horror of a club from that four that you’ve listed.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Similar to Leeds. 

I’d love to see them back up . Proper   football club . They would be talked about by the media, and fans from other clubs as they are a decent sized club with two European cups.  Leeds attract more of a buzz though. Bigger club and just something about them. 

Forest > Leeds  every time though 

• Like 1

Â