Nottingham Forest

PauloBarnesi

he isnt being paid compensation they are reporting

thank god lerner listened to us and didnt appoint the wally with a brolley. if he did we would be bottom of the league. see we do know something randy. i hope that muppet adrian durham on talkshite is enjoying eating humble pie when he said mclaren was best we could get

he is finished now who the hell would take him

Life is not that simple.

Just because Forest are doing shit doesn't mean he automatically would have for us as well.

Let me guess Lerner got a load of abuse for not hiring him?

I dont think MON will go there. He to scared of losing his "saint martin" tag for a risky job like that.
The manager has just resigned citing lack of transfer funds. And the Chairman has said he will stand down at the end of the season because (implied) he's realised he's a crap chairman.

So I suspect there will not be a queue for this job.

McLaren is a genius, he has to be, i mean how else can someone with so little talent and knowledge get the jobs he got and make the money he made. He should write a book, "how to make millions while being a complete ****"

To be fair, he won the league in Holland with a club who arent PSV or Ajax. That is pretty good going.

I dont think MON will go there. He to scared of losing his "saint martin" tag for a risky job like that.
The manager has just resigned citing lack of transfer funds. And the Chairman has said he will stand down at the end of the season because (implied) he's realised he's a crap chairman.

So I suspect there will not be a queue for this job.

On the other hand, its a big club in that division, its got a rich history. Its the kind of job that if someone can get it right will improve the managerial CV no end. Yes its not perfect, but its a damn sight more interesting than alot of jobs...

think Forest job is a poison chalice for one reason. You will always be compared to Clough. Since he left nobody has really stepped up for the club

1993 Frank Clark

1996 Stuart Pearce

1997 Dave Bassett

1999 Micky Adams

1999 Ron Atkinson

1999 David Platt

2001 Paul Hart

2004 Joe Kinnear

2004 Mick Harford

2005 Gary Megson

2005 Frank Barlow and Ian McParland

2006 Colin Calderwood

2008 John Pemberton

2009 Billy Davies

2011 Steve McClaren

think Forest job is a poison chalice for one reason. You will always be compared to Clough. Since he left nobody has really stepped up for the club

1993 Frank Clark

1996 Stuart Pearce

1997 Dave Bassett

1999 Micky Adams

1999 Ron Atkinson

1999 David Platt

2001 Paul Hart

2004 Joe Kinnear

2004 Mick Harford

2005 Gary Megson

2005 Frank Barlow and Ian McParland

2006 Colin Calderwood

2008 John Pemberton

2009 Billy Davies

2011 Steve McClaren

Paul Hart did a more than decent job at first and Billy Davies did well.

iirc Frank Clarke was pretty good at first; Collymore anyone?

The problem is nobody can live up to what Clough did. When he took over Forest they were pretty much as they are to day, a small provincial club with a large potential fan base and he gave them a five year spell where they were winning major trophies at a rate Barcelona would be envious of. I cant see those days ever coming back.

Part of me is disappointed that I only got to see the later years of Clough. The man was clearly a genius, to have three statues of you erected in three cities by the supporters of three different clubs , each for entirely different reasons is beyond impressive.

Didnt they also name a stretch of motorway after him. That is even rarer than 3 statues :)

It was the A52, a major road in England from Stoke to Skegness. The busy stretch between Derby and Nottingham is called Brian Clough Way.

what gets me is that the fans did not want Billy Davies to go and they want him back. Billy got paid of the final year of his contract so has offered to come in and manage the team till the end of the season to help out as he has already been paid for it which I think is a massive ting to offer considering how he was treated but the club have turned down his offer. Forrest fans are livid!

Â