Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Amazing turnaround from it looking somewhat bleak during the latter stages of qualification.  Fantastic achievement to get through in that group and I'm sure Roy Keane won't be minding the carnival atmoshpere continuing for a little while longer!

Fair play to Ireland totally deserved the win tonight and deserve to progress. Fans have been tremendous.

They play with the same intensity as they did tonight, as I am sure they will, then I think they can give France a game.

When he put mcgeady on I thought it was over .....what an utterly useless player ......reminded me when MON used to sub on heskey and sidwell at 70min when we tried to win a game .......but **** it ....we did it !!!!!

• Like 4

brilliant tonight, Italy were awful but Ireland took game to them from the start. Dropping Whelan, O'Shea was a masterstroke by MON in fairness and picked a good team and got his subs spot on. Hendrick brilliant again tonight for us

problem is why dont we play like this all the time as we can be dangerous against the best

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

brilliant tonight, Italy were awful but Ireland took game to them from the start. Dropping Whelan, O'Shea was a masterstroke by MON in fairness and picked a good team and got his subs spot on. Hendrick brilliant again tonight for us

problem is why dont we play like this all the time as we can be dangerous against the best

100% this, it's a joke. Think the players play with fear, tonight they'd nothing to lose and it showed, was the same against France that night.

Honestly more happy for them, than the welsh,. they totally deserved it as much as i dislike o'neill.

I really do hope they get their own back on the French for that screwjob, what better way than to beat them in their own backyard in the tournament they are hosting

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

You're Irish? I genuinely did not know.

Half. I'm English born, but my Mom is Irish and the majority of my family still live there. 

England comes first, but Ireland is a very close second.

• Like 2

Â