Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Surely Ireland be 16th as qualified for Euros that was only 3 months ago and the 2 hosts were quite weak ;)

Ukraine are not weak. Bosnia are better then Ireland but had to play Portugal in the play offs while Ireland got Estonia. I also think Belgium are now better then Ireland too.

But with the :winkold: I am sure you knew this already.

no was showing the fact we were among top 16 in europe a few months ago and just cause 1 bad result against Kazakhstan people are overreacting.

Portugal scraped 2-1 vs luxembourg and italy vs malta but wouldnt question their status

• 4 weeks later...

Clark can take McClean's place on the bench. TBH I expect a hiding off Germany so I'd rather Clark wasn't a part of it. If anything, the hiding and resulting vitriol against Trap might mean Clark gets to play from then onwards. Being a part of a mauling might set him back a bit.

Clark can take McClean's place on the bench. TBH I expect a hiding off Germany so I'd rather Clark wasn't a part of it. If anything, the hiding and resulting vitriol against Trap might mean Clark gets to play from then onwards. Being a part of a mauling might set him back a bit.

Good point.

If we come away with a less than 4 goal beating then I think we'll have done well. Hopefully our 7-3-0 formation will hinder them slightly.

St.Ledger is carrying an injury so with Dunne out I can see Clark getting a game as between him, McShane, O'Dea and O'Shea who has been disgraceful in last few Ireland games

I can't see Trap picking Clark ahead of O'Shea - O'Dea in the centre, its not his style.

I agree with Corcaigh. It would be very much against character for Trap to bring someone new into the squad and place them over and above what is already there. Usually that's quite an annoying trait (failure) of his, but in this scenario I'm glad that 'last man in' means 'last man on the pitch' too.

Robbie 'Big Ecks only decent signing' Keane looks to be out for the Germany game. Press are saying Walters looks to be replacing him but I'd have Long playing instead. He looked rather decent as the only striker for WBA a few weeks back.

I'd have Long playing even if Keane was available. I couldn't give a crap what Trap does at this stage. It's just degrees of defeat against Germany and the man hasn't a clue how to progress us as a squad.

I'd have Long playing even if Keane was available. I couldn't give a crap what Trap does at this stage. It's just degrees of defeat against Germany and the man hasn't a clue how to progress us as a squad.

That's the spirit BOF :D

Team confirmed: Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox.

I wouldn't start with Cox on the wing myself but nice to see Coleman and McCarthy playing.

Â