Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

It's ok, MON and GH aren't in charge so we probably won't bottle games before they've even begun (CSKA away and Citeh in the cup last year).

GH: Agree.

MON: Got us wins away at Man Utd (first time since 1986), Arsenal, Liverpool, as well as a fantastic 4-4 draw against Chelsea away. You don't score 4 goals away at Chelsea by going there to keep the score down.

I think his point was that MON and GH both "surrendered" certain games during their tenures. MON definitely did and GH did to an extent (although not to the extent many people here claim IMO).

It's ok, MON and GH aren't in charge so we probably won't bottle games before they've even begun (CSKA away and Citeh in the cup last year).

GH: Agree.

MON: Got us wins away at Man Utd (first time since 1986), Arsenal, Liverpool, as well as a fantastic 4-4 draw against Chelsea away. You don't score 4 goals away at Chelsea by going there to keep the score down.

I think his point was that MON and GH both "surrendered" certain games during their tenures. MON definitely did and GH did to an extent (although not to the extent many people here claim IMO).

Yes Mantis, it was...

This thread reminds of the one before THAT Chelsea game a couple of years back. I remember thinking before that game that we couldn't **** that game up because even a 4-0 defeat was to be expected (I guess Chelsea were in some really good form or something). Then we lost 7-1.

This thread reminds of the one before THAT Chelsea game a couple of years back. I remember thinking before that game that we couldn't **** that game up because even a 4-0 defeat was to be expected (I guess Chelsea were in some really good form or something). Then we lost 7-1.
On the other hand, it could also be compared to the Chelsea game at the beginning of the year. I was so certain we'd lose because we were really were in shit form, yet we drew 3-3, and were arguably the better side.

It's not like we're going into this game on a bad run of form, it's just that Middle Eastlands is such a bogey ground for us that defeat is a certainty. Our record in Manchester must be one of the worst records a team has ever had in a city.

Last time we went to Eastlands in the league I witnessed the most gutless tripe I had seen from a Villa side in 30 years. It was clear from the first minute we had no belief or fight. One of a number of gutless performances under Houllier.

I am at least hoping that we show some fight this time.

Last time we went to Eastlands in the league I witnessed the most gutless tripe I had seen from a Villa side in 30 years. It was clear from the first minute we had no belief or fight. One of a number of gutless performances under Houllier.

we were a disgrace that day, it was embarrassing

:thumb:

If we're going to go for it, I'd like to see us line up like this:

---------Gabby---Bent---------

Ireland------------------N'Zogbia

-------Bannan-----Petrov---------

-------------Back 5--------------------

If not, I think we'll go with this:

Gabby-----Bent------N'zogbia

------------Heskey-------------

------Delph------Petrov---------

----------- Back 5---------------

First away day of the season and buzzing, hopefully the boys have the fight in them because it certainly will be testing, but I imagine at the least we keep it fairly close. Would love Given to get a clean sheet and have us put a few past that clearing in the woods Joe Hart ;)

If Milner plays would it not be his first appearance against us since he left?

Ireland has to start for me, massive point to prove up there.

it will go either way, either gutless bitter performance or an absolutely astonishing Pwoblem!? performance leaving City utterly trolled and Mancini FUUUUUUUUU'd