Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I disagree, I can't even imagine what will happen if we leave ourselves slightly exposed. I doubt we'll do anything but sit back though, I'd go with if fit ..

Given

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Petrov Herd Bannan

Heskey Bent Gabby.

Sorry but throwing Herd into the CM for this one is arguably one of the most random, crazy ideas I've ever seen on VT. Good work fella

Isn't Herd a natural CM?

I disagree, I can't even imagine what will happen if we leave ourselves slightly exposed. I doubt we'll do anything but sit back though, I'd go with if fit ..

Given

Petrov Herd Bannan

Heskey Bent Gabby.

Sorry but throwing Herd into the CM for this one is arguably one of the most random, crazy ideas I've ever seen on VT. Good work fella

Isn't Herd a natural CM?

Herd is, but I believe CI was referring to the fact that Herd hasn't played CM for us in a long time and we have much better options in the middle of the park.

Given

Petrov Herd Bannan

Heskey Bent Gabby.

after all the crap that i've spouted on this site, i think this tops it all, herd in cm? what were you thinking?

Given

Petrov Herd Bannan

Heskey Bent Gabby.

after all the crap that i've spouted on this site, i think this tops it all, herd in cm? what were you thinking?

I agree, also Cuellar at right back, having played a handful of minutes in 4 or 5 months!?!?

Pretty sure it'll be the same team that started against Wigan, anything else would seem a little unjust. It's not as if anyone on the bench has been pulling up trees when given the opportunity to do so.

Ireland, Dunne and Given all returning to their former club - either a heroic success or a total disaster :P

we'll be tight and defensive to ensure we don't get twatted and will probably have about 3 max chances all game ( unless we have the good fortune to score early, in which case we might get a couple more chances to counter )

anyway, I suspect a resilient but ultimately fruitless performance. The gabillions will count.

2-0 City.

One of the few good things Big Eck could do with SHA was get results against the big boys. One of the biggest things from this game will be how we bounce back from our first (probable) defeat, especially as it will be against the boggies.

I think if we keep it below three we have done well!

What? Villa are not going there just to try to keep the score down! This is the Battle of the Invincibles! A Clash of the Titans if ever there was one!

Okay, I understand the pessimism. This could well end up with City looking a tad more invincible than us. But at least there's a couple of factors that might help to limit the damage:

1) Man Utd play at Liverpool in the early kick-off. If Utd drop points there, City will only have to win to go top and won't need any extra goals.

2) City have a Champions League game only 3 days later and may want to save some energy for that.

In any event, I'd like to see Villa have a real go at this. I'm not optimistic about getting any points from the game, but I'd like to see something better than a meek surrender.

I think if we keep it below three we have done well!

What? Villa are not going there just to try to keep the score down! This is the Battle of the Invincibles! A Clash of the Titans if ever there was one!

Okay, I understand the pessimism. This could well end up with City looking a tad more invincible than us. But at least there's a couple of factors that might help to limit the damage:

1) Man Utd play at Liverpool in the early kick-off. If Utd drop points there, City will only have to win to go top and won't need any extra goals.

2) City have a Champions League game only 3 days later and may want to save some energy for that.

In any event, I'd like to see Villa have a real go at this. I'm not optimistic about getting any points from the game, but I'd like to see something better than a meek surrender.

It's ok, MON and GH aren't in charge so we probably won't bottle games before they've even begun (CSKA away and Citeh in the cup last year).

It's ok, MON and GH aren't in charge so we probably won't bottle games before they've even begun (CSKA away and Citeh in the cup last year).

GH: Agree.

MON: Got us wins away at Man Utd (first time since 1986), Arsenal, Liverpool, as well as a fantastic 4-4 draw against Chelsea away. You don't score 4 goals away at Chelsea by going there to keep the score down.