Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Sit back against this team and you'll be asking for trouble.

I was talking about this to my mate yesterday after the game. We are more likely to get a draw if we go and attack them rather than actually playing for the draw and sitting back, if that makes sense? I think they've scored in every PL game this season so far. They are quite scary at the moment but I think our game plan will be to go and sit back for a 0-0 draw which will almost certainly result in a resounding defeat.

I like these. Fully expect a heavy defeat so anything else is a bonus. They have more to fear from this one than us.

I'd keep the same team as against Wigan, Ireland/Gabby fitness allowing.

Really interested to see how we get on with this one.

I think we'll do OK in fairness. We'll happily sit back and defend with 10 men behind the ball for most of the match and probably come away with a narrow defeat.

The pressures definitely more on City to win this one. Manure just take most games in their stride and don't expect to lose, but the blue mancs could quite easily slip up. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they have a bad run.

Play anything like we did Saturday and theres a chance......remote, but a chance nevertheless.

Optimistic 1-1.

Lots of people are not actually predicting the result but how many we will conceded.

I think we may surprise one or two and grab a draw here.

Optimism suits you Richard. :winkold:

Oh, and...i told you so! :P

Bah humbug. I am neither optimistic or pessimistic.

I am opinionated and prefer to have opinions of my own, thought out by myself.

In terms of the result on Saturday as I said I am delighted we won and secured a much needed three points.

Think we could do alright if we sit back an look to play on the counter. Hopefully Gabby will be fit and no injuries from internationals. If all are fit I'd go with:

Given

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Jenas Petrov Bannan

N'zogbia Agbonlahor

Bent

I disagree, I can't even imagine what will happen if we leave ourselves slightly exposed. I doubt we'll do anything but sit back though, I'd go with if fit ..

Given

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Petrov Herd Bannan

Heskey Bent Gabby.

Sorry but throwing Herd into the CM for this one is arguably one of the most random, crazy ideas I've ever seen on VT. Good work fella