XBOX 360 vs PS3

leemond2008

I went out and bought a PS3 on the weekend (purely because I was bored)

Any way ive got both consoles now (even though I am pretty sure my XBOX is on its way out.

just wanted to know everyones opinions on which is the better console.

apparently the xbox is better online than the PS but the PS has better exclusive games and a far far superior pad.

may the arguments commence

i got my PS3 a couple of months back and now have both too, 1st thing i noticed was the download/install talk about a ball ache, GT5 took about an hour and a half

best thing about the ps3 is the exclusives, and the prices of the exclusives, if you go pre-owned you'll get pretty much all of the good ones for under £15, however IMO live has a much better feel about it and despite the £40 a year from what ive seen things are cheaper on it too (plants vs zombies iirc is £5 cheaper on live)

but it really is horses for courses, im with you not a huge fan of GoW, really not a fan of halo and GT > forza anyday of the week IMO but then ill spend 90% of my time playing games that are completely the same on both consoles

I've got both, well my Xbox as red ringed.

But even beforehand I'd found myself slowly moving away from Xbox and just playing PS3, through no concious decision.

The only thing that kept me playing Xbox was GoW when I had it, and GTA IV, but obviously that was only because I bought GTAIV on Xbox, I could have alsa played that on PS3.

Mmind you, I am on my 4th PS3, as I've had 3 previous ones break on me.

Slightly off topic, but whats the crack with installing games onto your hard-drive on XBox?

Your 360 is a lot quieter when playing games.

Cheers bud, how do you do it then? I assume you still need the disk to start the game?

Yea, put the game in your 360, it'll load up, but go straight back to the dashboard, then go to game library under my xbox, select the game, and then install to hard drive. It'll take about 10 minutes. You'll still have to put the game in your console when you want to play, but it'll be a lot quieter once you've installed, all you hear is a buzzing noise, like you do when you're at the dashboard.

My PS3 is on most days, my Xbox hasn't been on for probably 3 months. The sound issue has been touched on already slightly - this was a major bugbear for me with the 360. I believe the new ones are quieter, but I've got an old one, and it's so **** noisy. Bought it on the cheap though as it was RROD but I fixed it. Also helps that the PS2 and PS were my main consoles before that, never had an Xbox1 - basically I am a fanboy.

The answer to the question is an easy one though; PS3 wins cos Xbox doesnt have SARPBC

despite the £40 a year from what ive seen things are cheaper on it too (plants vs zombies iirc is £5 cheaper on live)

Got that for free on PS+

Â