Barclays Premier League

Stadium of Light, Sunderland

Initial Ticket Allocation - 2,000

Ticket Prices

£29 [adults]

£18 [over 65s]

£10 [under 16s]

Sale Dates

Tuesday September 27th: On sale to 2011/12 Season Card Holders who attended 3+ Away fixtures in the 2010/11 season*

Tuesday October 4th: On sale to 2011/12 Season Card Holders *

Monday October 10th: On sale to supporters who have Away Booking History*

Monday October 17th: On sale to supporters with Aston Villa Booking History*

• 2 weeks later...

they really are **** useless, our ticket office.

i've just looked at the latest 'updated' ticket news and this is what's shown...

Sunderland v Villa

Barclays Premier League

Saturday October 29

KO - 3pm

Stadium of Light

Initial allocation: 1,700

Prices £40 for adults, £23 for O65s, £21 for U16s, £29 for disabled and personal assistant

On sale to 2011-12 season card holders*

Monday October 10: On sale to supporters with away booking history*

Monday October 17: On sale to supporters with a Villa booking history*

*Strictly one ticket per client reference; remember to supply one client reference per seat to build up booking history

Buy Info: hotline 0800 6120970, in person Villa Village or New Street, online by clicking icon

http://bit.ly/qY9TPh

so for a minute i was outraged at sunderland in thinking that the ticket price had shot up from a mere £27 in '09, to £28 in '10 to a whopping £40 in '11. anyone who goes searching for ticket news will see that price and think 'blimey, i'm not going to sunderland then'. i only found the correct price by having a look on here and on the ticketmaster site. they've also listed the allocation as 1700, rather than 2000. talk about shooting yourselves in the foot and making it even more difficult to sell tickets.

sort it out you useless clearings in the woods.

Sunderland v Villa

Barclays Premier League

Saturday October 29

KO - 3pm

Stadium of Light

Initial allocation: 1,700

Prices £29 for adults, £18 for O65s, £10 for U16s, £29 for disabled and personal assistant

On sale to 2011-12 season card holders*

Monday October 10: On sale to supporters with away booking history*

Monday October 17: On sale to supporters with a Villa booking history*

*Strictly one ticket per client reference; remember to supply one client reference per seat to build up booking history

Buy Info: hotline 0800 6120970, in person Villa Village or New Street, online by clicking icon

on that link now.

I thought that, useless morons can't even get the simple things right.
Useless moron's is ridiculously harsh. Someone made a typo/cut and paste error. It's slack and lame, and they should check these things before pressing save or send or whatever. But still, that doesn't mean everyone in the ticket office or on the web-side of it is a "useless moron". IMO they're far from that.

they are if you take into account the numerous errors they make, rather than just basing it on the above errors. every couple of away games they make themselves look as if they haven't a clue about how to sell tickets to a football match. it all builds up. and people get frustrated.

they were totally clueless about how many we were taking to west ham last season. they told us 2900, but when counting it up in the ticket office came to the figure 2200, yet still told us we'd taken the 2900 allocation and that's how it stayed on the website. and presumably in the programme. it was only until the day of the game when it became clear that we infact did only have the 2200 allocation.

arsenal was similar. 2200 was printed in the programme time and time again but it turned out we had taken, and sold, the usual 2900 allocation.

the number of mistakes they make is astounding. is it really that difficult to double check? and that's the website and the programme as a whole, i'm constantly reading typos or sentences that just plain don't make any sense.

--------------------------

wedge, out of interest, why do you say it's a good day out? where do you drink when you go up there? we've never really been able to pin down an away pub. although we've drank a couple of times in a sunderland pub, a 'spoons, and they've been friendly enough. but would prefer to be with lots of villa for obvious reasons.

I thought that, useless morons can't even get the simple things right.
Useless moron's is ridiculously harsh. Someone made a typo/cut and paste error. It's slack and lame, and they should check these things before pressing save or send or whatever. But still, that doesn't mean everyone in the ticket office or on the web-side of it is a "useless moron". IMO they're far from that.

Ok it was a harsh exaggeration but they do make numerous simple mistakes on allocations, prices etc...

180 left as of about fifteen minutes ago out of 2,000. More possibly issued for sale on the day at the ground but won't be announced until Friday.

That's a fairly good turn out all things considered.

180 left as of about fifteen minutes ago out of 2,000. More possibly issued for sale on the day at the ground but won't be announced until Friday.

Agree! Can't wait!

To be honest I think the away support is still really good. We are pretty average nowadays but a lot of people just go to get p****d and have a sing-song. Sunderland/Newcastle is a great away day and they are amongst the cheapest ticket prices in the PL so this is bound to attract a fair few even when we are s***e.

Â