• N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 72)
    • Wiemann (for N'Zogbia 85)

Negatives:

Collins is a mess right now. While a little better at distribution today (read: less hoof), he still makes poor decisions about when to clear, distribute, or hoof. His positioning is all over the place and gaps are being created. So many times Dunne and Warnock had to both slide to their right to cover because Collins got beat or chose to mark the wrong man.

Interestingly, Eurosport put Collins in their Premier League Team of the Week! Said he played like McLeish did when he was a top defender. I didn't view his performance quite as negatively as some on here, but don't get how he got into TOTW. Different people see things differently!

I was thinking that Zog was actually starting to play pretty well and then he suddenly went and dribbled straight at QPR players on a couple of occasions when he should have passed and went on to lose the ball. How long can it go on?

BTW, rubbishy little ground, poor attendance, but a great show by the Villa fans. Particularly liked the counter chant of "boring boring Villa" as we ripped QPR apart at the start of the 2nd half. But they made a LOT of noise throughout.

They made a lot of noise? I am actually stunned at that comment, if you were indeed referring to Queens Park Rangers fans. That was easily the quietest away ground I have been to for a while.

Their support was worse than the Emirates, worse than Fulham and worse than Blackburn, hell even worse than Wigan. None of their fans in the whole ground were standing and they made little to no noise throughout - until we caved in on 93 minutes.

Our fans on the other hand were a different class, as you have correctly alluded to. I just cannot fathom how any Villa fan, in that away end, could have thought QPR made a lot of noise throughout. They were beyond dire.

I think he's referring to the Villa fans, VAL.

BTW, rubbishy little ground, poor attendance, but a great show by the Villa fans. Particularly liked the counter chant of "boring boring Villa" as we ripped QPR apart at the start of the 2nd half. But they made a LOT of noise throughout.

They made a lot of noise? I am actually stunned at that comment, if you were indeed referring to Queens Park Rangers fans.

No, I was referring to the Villa fans. Although I thought even they went a bit quiet between about 20-40 mins in the first half.

I was thinking that Zog was actually starting to play pretty well and then he suddenly went and dribbled straight at QPR players on a couple of occasions when he should have passed and went on to lose the ball. How long can it go on?

I think he did play better than I have seen him do this season. OK, some of his moves didn't work but he was always adding something to the overall midfield effort nonetheless - as I say, a first for the season in my view.

Ray Wilkins stated on Sky that we might be the surprise package this season. And i thought he would make a good number two :oops: 'my word.'

Rather than state the obvious about our first half performance i was more interested in AMs post match interview. Honest and without bullshit he stated how it was. Too many of our players are too buck sure of their places and play like it. Just wish we had a larger squad.

Very, very lucky to get away with a point and AM new that.

Â