• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 72)
    • Wiemann (for N'Zogbia 85)

Dunne was superb. We had spells where we knocked it about beautifully Ireland pulling the strings, knocking it first time always to a Villa shirt. Unfortunately it always breaks down with N'Zogbia.

Have to make do with a point I'm afraid.

Thought Delph was poor in the middle again. and he bottled a 50:50 with Barton.

First half was absolutely horrendous. 2nd half was positive. Draw maybe fair. Gutted.

1st hf was negative shit but lookin in match thread, people moaning about wasting time!?!? WTF. that's exactly what we should be doing with minutes remaining. We weren't even sitting that deep, it was all comfortable then Collins and Hutton don't defend properly and it's 1-1.

Thoughts:

However bad the first half was, it is abundantly clear that McLeish didn't like the way were playing either and not only instructed them to play differently but managed to actually make it happen, which is very encouraging.

In terms of the result, it was a fair one. On another day, we'd have conceded more than one with their penalty shouts and the free kicks on the edge of the box. Might have to give away less free kicks in those areas when we play at Man City!

We were a bit lucky to get the goal but unlucky to concede, so fair enough overall.

I honestly can't give a motm, I thought they were all awful. We had a decent 10 mins when we attempted to attack, and got what can only be described as a mystifying decision.

As soon as we got the pen (and fair play to Bannan for being the one who had the guts) we yet again reverted to defensive tactics, and yet again, we got what we deserved.

Best player was probably Dunne or Given (for making some crucial saves) , worryingly, NZogbia was totally woeful yet again.

8 points against QPR, Blackburn, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves and Fulham = a relegation scrap. Wigan is totally crucial - anything less than 3 points and I reckon we will be one of the favourites for relegation.

ok james collins is absolutely shite. this guy how he is a first teamer still is beyond me. he is useless

albrighton for me has gone backwards. what the hell was he doing for that chance were weinmann had a tap in and instead he tries to eb a super hero and completely misses

draw was fair result but against 10 men to concede is a complete disaster

my ratings:

Given: 7. Not much to do but top save late on.

Hutton: 5. Got better as the game went on

Dunne: 7. Couldn't do a thing about the OG. Good game otherwise

Collins: 6. Less 'hollywood' balls today, missed vital header leading to goal

Warnock: 7. Committed and eventually started to get forwards

Petrov: 6. Quiet game again

Delph: 5. Looked a little nervy today, passing never quite right

Ireland: 6. As per Hutton, showing signs of a good player

Bannan: 7. MOTM. Gave his all and unlucky to be subbed first.

N'Zogbia: 5. Glimpses of brilliance overshadowed by utter turd passing

Gabby: 6. Ran and ran, did very well to win the pen!

Subs:

Albrighton: 6. A couple of decent crosses and tried hard

Weimman: 6. Good work rate but not enough time to make impact

First half we were shite, even the pundits made sense of how shit we were and what the problems were given the players we have in our side, and the tactics employed by our current man in charge.

Second half, we were much better, not ace, just loads better than the gash we served up in the first half.

As gutted and angry as I was when the equaliser came in, it was a fair and deserved result at the end of the day.

Don't know what the QPR fans were moaning about referee wise, they had all the first half decisions wise...

First half we were shite, even the pundits made sense of how shit we were and what the problems were given the players we have in our side, and the tactics employed by our current man in charge.

Second half, we were much better, not ace, just loads better than the gash we served up in the first half.

As gutted and angry as I was when the equaliser came in, it was a fair and deserved result at the end of the day.

Don't know what the QPR fans were moaning about referee wise, they had all the first half decisions...

How bad is N'Zogbia? I know it's early days and he has some big shoes to fill but it seems every time he gets the ball he loses it.

Very disappointing.

Although a bit hit and miss I thought he was decent in the second half. Showed some good touches and he's clearly improving, I think.

1st hf was negative shit but lookin in match thread, people moaning about wasting time!?!? WTF. that's exactly what we should be doing with minutes remaining.
We dominated possession when we attacked and barely left ourselves open because QPR lacked ideas on how to create anything. Twice we tried to box up the ball in the corner flag and twice we gave it away within seconds, then having to run back to defend. I'd rather at least have us keep the pressure on than piss around with stupid timewasting tactics that didn't waste any time at all.

How bad is N'Zogbia? I know it's early days and he has some big shoes to fill but it seems every time he gets the ball he loses it.

Very disappointing.

Although a bit hit and miss I thought he was decent in the second half. Showed some good touches and he's clearly improving, I think.

Sorry but we must have been watching different games - I cannot remember one decent touch

We were awful in the first half as everyone has said, but I saw promising signs from a few players in the second. A draw was a fair result on the balance of play and if we can get N'Zogbia back on form I think we'll start to pick up.

Given - 7 - Solid as ever. One quality save.

Hutton - 7 - Best game for Villa so far

Collins - 5 - It seems as though he can't maintain a 90-minute performance

Dunne - 7 - So unlucky that he was the one to concede the own goal

Warnock - 5 - Better going forward than back. Some very silly challenges today.

Ireland - 8 - He was impressive today. Good on the ball and creative, and most of all put the effort in.

Petrov - 7 - Very good today. Couldn't fault him really

Delph - 5 - He closed down the opposition well and had one attempt but there's no hiding the fact that he just isn't good enough overall.

Bannan - 8 - Put a great shift in, was good on the ball, and got his goal. Superb.

Gabby - 6 - A bit lazy at times today I thought. I think he has played better for us this season.

N'Zogbia - 5 - When he's running at the opposition it all looks so promising and then... Frustrating

For me, Ireland was MOTM

the first half was the worst ive ever seen a team play....

then for the first 20 minutes of 2nd half we looked a different team....and i enjoyed seeing us play with a bit of confidence....

but then we reverted to "shit your pants football".....

feel sorry for Dunne and even Collins...yes he didnt deal with it, but he dealt with everything else that was thrown at him all game....

NZogbia, Delph and Ireland contributed just as much to that defeat than Collins.....

id hate to be a defender in this "transitional" Villa....

we were a team absolutely bereft of confidence going into the game and that late goal will lower it even further......

what a difference a few seconds of football makes...a win and we were in 5th but we are Villa and never ever take advantage of good opportunities

so depressed tonight

wonder if the above comments would have changed had we hung on another 2 mins? **** gutted but id've snatched your hands off for a draw at HT and that opinion coming from a game against QPR is testament i guess to where we are currently Still unbeaten but we got to start playing some football and cut out this long ball shite. Next week is a must win against wigan - seems silly to say that, but its an absolute must win game even at this early stage. N'zogbia was absolutely dreadful - terrible, terrible performance from him - he looks woefully short on confidence

Awful first half.

Good second.

Hutton and Collins poor at the back, N'Zogbia looked decent. Albrighton poor coming on... should have squared it to Weimann but got greedy. Ireland alright. Delph best game so far. Petrov again decent. Given good save off SWP but had no chance with the equaliser. Bannan superb, tested Kenny well in the first half and coolly finished the penalty. Also I think bicycle-kicked it out of defence and another flicked a shot over his head to Hutton who raced up the wing with it... Warnock could have been sent off, but was better offensively. Gabby isolated first but second pulled wide, causing Young/Traore trouble. Dunne good, no chance about the equaliser, just a freak goal.

Ref was poor but mainly to our benefit.

Overall gutted we didn't win, but happy nevertheless. Played so much better in the second. Bent and Jenas still to come in.

Â