The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Sneekes on Radio WM trying to excuse McLeish because we have a team of youngsters. He hasn't got a clue. Funny how he didn't mention that we were shit when we had the full squad available up until the end of February!

reading between the lines there from someone who works in communications, mcleish is gone at the end of the season. there was far, far too much focus put on the next 3 games in that, with no talk of supporting the manager beyond that, as you would fully expect from that kind of statement if they were going to. he's definitely gone

Richard Sneekes on Radio WM trying to excuse McLeish because we have a team of youngsters. He hasn't got a clue. Funny how he didn't mention that we were shit when we had the full squad available up until the end of February!

what would richard sneekes really know about our predicament.

I see that statement as "we're in the shit right now and as we think it's too late to sack McLeish then we are just going to have to hope the worst won't happen and we get relegated."

He's definitely gone after the season, there is no way back for him - even Lerner must see that. McLeish must know that if he we do get relegated he's not going to get another job as a manager in the near future. His reputation will be beyond repair. It's just a question of keeping what little he has left of it in order.

I am sorry, they can shove that statement where the sun doesnt shine.

We have been hurting all bloody season, not just now, all season. McLeish has shown no concept of premiership management, no inclination towards actually playing football, its dire, gutless shit and he needs to go now.

WM really pissing me off. thinking about calling them up and giving them a load of stats

Do it son.

No mentions from these arseholes on WM of the full strength Villa sides that have gone most of the season like a rudderless ship.

reading between the lines there from someone who works in communications, mcleish is gone at the end of the season. there was far, far too much focus put on the next 3 games in that, with no talk of supporting the manager beyond that, as you would fully expect from that kind of statement if they were going to. he's definitely gone

Yep that's how I read it too.

I want McLeish out, his position is untenable, but I think our current plight is more to do with the state of our finances, poor decisions by the board and the general situation of English top-flight football at present.

If money was taken out of the equation regarding McLeish he'd have long gone.

He's a poor manager, and isn't helping us, but you have to look at the bigger picture. I do expect an improvement next season under a new manager (presuming we stay up anyway), but I can't see us suddenly challenging for Europe again like we were.

The "Five Year Plan" was the worst thing that's ever happened to Aston Villa Football Club and appointing McLeish was never likely to be the antidote.

thats statement is just bollocks, **** off the lot of ya

nah i genuinely think that statement is as close as we're going to get before the end of the season of mcleish's dismissal being confirmed

Â