The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In protest (and it has been mentioned before) is cut your 'Proud History, Bright Future' scarf in half before the Spurs game and at the full time whistle throw the half that states 'Bright Future' onto the pitchside in disgust and then go home before the manager and player do the end of season 'walk of shame' around the pitch.

Pretty sure throwing stuff onto the pitch is an arrestable offence.

And who the **** is going to arrest a large number of fans (who will be very irate)?

I can't really see the overweight middle aged stewards doing much and the coppers won't have enough presence inside the ground to arrest anyone.

It's not what they do during the game, it's after. They will just review cameras and turn up to your house. They love making examples out of football fans.

My mate (Arsenal fan) threw a empty water bottle that didn't even make it onto the pitch at the Emirates. Stewards saw it be thrown, but didn't know who it was. 4 weeks later police turned up, fined him and gave him a life time ban.

If you're not comfortable with throwing it then just drape it over your seat or if you're upper tier attach it to the railings at the front. Point made and no sleepless nights.

He inherited a squad capable of a top half finish. He has made them play in a completely anti Aston Villa style. Last nights team was definitely championship quality only and one that would struggle to make the play offs. I won't begrudge any of the other teams staying up at our expense because if we go it will be because we deserve to. I don't post often on here but I've been around long enough to remember the abuse aimed at Doug on here. I wonder what he must be thinking looking at this total shower of s***. In 40 years of watching Villa I've never seen such a hopeless situation and my attitude is drifting towards indifference. Hopefully Lerner will sell, the board clearly have not got a clue about how to be successful in English football.

I e-mailed Paul Faulkner and asked him if he still thought Europe was realistic and that McLeish was the best man for the job. I've also called Nicky Keyes's direct line and left her a message to call me.

Won't hold my breath but if they do extend the courtesy of replying I'm going to let rip.

1. Faulker could not give a shit about your e-mails and all you would get back is a standard phrase about operations and faith in the manager. I am pretty sure you would not expect anything else, so why bother e-mailing him with such ignorant stuff?

2. Nicky Keye? A woman that has got nothing to do with the current state of affairs at the club, who controls communications and ticketing. Yeah good idea, I am sure you would come up with a lot that would steer our club in the right direction. Again, what makes you think this has any point? She will, at best, give you a few standard lines about her trying to do her best and that everyone is working in the same direction. All in all a waste of time for everyone included, with an outcome that is already given and with no value to anyone involved. Great job buddy.

Fan-mail and e-mails are worthless. They will not put any effort into it, because the right people (media, FA, fans worldwide and players) will not read it if it is not in the newspaper, and because of the risk of indeed writing something edgy it WILL reach the media and not in a good way. So again, congrats on wasting your time and theirs. Much like me writing this piece.

Yeah, everybody just shut up and take getting shafted like a man!

I am with Papillion, protests are so belittling and really do ruin the prawn sandwiches and emails, how pathetic, surely everyone sees we are just oinks with no say in this matter???

Now shut up, buy your season tickets like good oinks and get ready for thrilling fizzy pop encounters against Hull and Blackpool. :twisted:

Statement is wishy washy bollocks trying to quell unrest, caused by their awful decisions. Well it won't - the shit like the silly letter sent out by the clueless halfwit who calls himself manager didn't do anything and neither will this.

Further proof that rather what the fans think or want (aren't we all prats for believing their crap when they took over?) is not important to them. It's all ego and face saving.

Not a **** clue.

Right now everyone connected with Villa is hurting badly.

A win was in sight last night against Bolton after a strong start and the tenacity the team displayed, although ultimately we weren't able to hold on for the points.

We very openly acknowledge the frustrations of Villa fans and share in them completely.

What matters to us and the Board at this moment is how we, as a Club, handle adversity and the pressure it brings.

Our horizon is the next three games and we continue to be in control of our own destiny.

Young players side-by-side with more senior players are fighting hard for the Club.

They are now preparing for West Brom followed by Spurs and Norwich.

We will continue to support and rely on our manager and the squad and therefore give them our full support.

We are totally conscious, as is everyone at the Club, that this is a very trying time for those who love Aston Villa.

We know that the team will continue to fight through every minute of the remaining games and we hope Villa fans will continue to show their great support.

On the OS now..

Mc Leish will not be sacked before the end of the season,if at all, The Board are too arrogant

I think it's probably more of a case of money-saving. I don't think an individual becomes a multi-millionaire without a degree of rationality.

That said, if they'd sacked him earlier they'd have made the money back in boosted attendances, higher prize money for success (you'd hope anyway) and general enthusiasm towards the club commercially. Not to mention the possibility of relegation which would infinitely be more damaging to the club financially than terminating a contract.

Â