The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Good Guardian piece

There is no point skirting the issue. Alex McLeish's position has become untenable and it is almost inconceivable to think that he will still be the Aston Villa manager at the start of next season, irrespective of what division the club are in. When "**** Off McLeish, the Villa is ours" and "Sack McLeish, my lord" rang around the stadium in the closing stages of Tuesday night's highly damaging 2-1 home defeat by Bolton Wanderers, it was the majority, not a noisy minority, singing in unison.

Villa fans never accepted McLeish in the first place and they want him out. Plain and simple. The brutal truth is that it is never going to work with McLeish in charge and anyone that still thinks otherwise is deluded. Randy Lerner, the Villa owner, and Paul Faulkner, the chief executive, must be able to see that now, even if they refused to believe that was the case when they made the extraordinary decision to appoint the Scot in the summer.

Extraordinary not because McLeish came from Villa's rivals, Birmingham City. Extraordinary because McLeish had just suffered his second relegation with Birmingham in three Premier League seasons. And extraordinary because he is synonymous with a brand of football that, to borrow the former Villa manager Graham Taylor's recent description, "looks [like] you are preparing a side not to lose".

It would have been even louder had those fans driven away by the dull football have been there. The crowd has turned. Go now, mutual consent, I never got backed, any excuse you want to come up with as a bargain plea, just go.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From www.mcleishout.co.uk

McLeish Out Day – 2nd Update #avfc

APRIL 25, 2012

Just to keep you all informed for Mcleish Out Day.

Yesterday I ordered four 8ft by 3 ft PVC banners – all with a different message – will post a photo when they arrive

We now have approx £100 in the kitty towards the flyers, so we are still short if we want to get either 20,000 or 30,000.

We need to make sure Mcleish Out Day is HUGE and we cant do it without your help.

Up the Villa!

McLEISH OUT!

Chris

DEADLINE FOR DONATIONS IS TUESDAY LUNCH TIME AS ORDER HAS TO BE IN FOR THAT DAY.

Erm, isn't this all about 11th hour now

Why?

I say fair play to them. If it's done right then it might work. It needs the numbers though. I don't think people should be criticising people who are trying to bring change. Especially if they're doing nothing themselves.

Just donated to the collection towards banners and leaflets for McLeish Out Day.

Please go to www.mcleishout.co.uk to make a donation.

I've just donated too...probably won't work, but at least we can say we've tried!

I say fair play to them. If it's done right then it might work. It needs the numbers though. I don't think people should be criticising people who are trying to bring change. Especially if they're doing nothing themselves.

Well said, while some people sit on their arses being keyboard warriors some people will bother to get up and do something. It might work and it might not but one thing is for sure, doing nothing en masse is guaranteed to achieve nothing!

Well said, while some people sit on their arses being keyboard warriors some people will bother to get up and do something. It might work and it might not but one thing is for sure, doing nothing en masse is guaranteed to achieve nothing!

Exactly. The alternative is to sit and watch it crumble.

DEADLINE FOR DONATIONS IS TUESDAY LUNCH TIME AS ORDER HAS TO BE IN FOR THAT DAY.

Erm, isn't this all about 11th hour now

Why?

Because the damage is done.

So shall we all sit on our arses and do **** all then?

So shall we all sit on our arses and do **** all then?

It'll have the same effect as anything done.

Okay well you sit on your arse and some of us will try.

We may not succeed but we won't know unless we try.

Those that do **** all cannot then complain when things go wrong but at least I and others will know that some people tried to make a difference.

Good Guardian piece

There is no point skirting the issue. Alex McLeish's position has become untenable and it is almost inconceivable to think that he will still be the Aston Villa manager at the start of next season, irrespective of what division the club are in. When "**** Off McLeish, the Villa is ours" and "Sack McLeish, my lord" rang around the stadium in the closing stages of Tuesday night's highly damaging 2-1 home defeat by Bolton Wanderers, it was the majority, not a noisy minority, singing in unison.

Villa fans never accepted McLeish in the first place and they want him out. Plain and simple. The brutal truth is that it is never going to work with McLeish in charge and anyone that still thinks otherwise is deluded. Randy Lerner, the Villa owner, and Paul Faulkner, the chief executive, must be able to see that now, even if they refused to believe that was the case when they made the extraordinary decision to appoint the Scot in the summer.

Extraordinary not because McLeish came from Villa's rivals, Birmingham City. Extraordinary because McLeish had just suffered his second relegation with Birmingham in three Premier League seasons. And extraordinary because he is synonymous with a brand of football that, to borrow the former Villa manager Graham Taylor's recent description, "looks [like] you are preparing a side not to lose".

Finally someone's written an article that is absolutely spot-on.

In all seriousness though. The possibility of failure should not mean you don't try. Yes it could turn out that the protest is as effective as doing nothing. But there is a chance that it might not be. And it's on that basis that you do it. If there is the smallest chance that it expedites McLeish's exit in any small way, shape or form then it is worthwhile.

I think it's disgraceful that mcleish is refusing to step down. He surely must know that he is nowhere near good enough. He must also know how much pain and suffering he has put us through this season yet he still refuses to step down?

Just leave us alone you word removed.

Clucall are reporting all transfer activity at VP on hold. its only club call I know - but that's a number of sources reporting this - last week it was that Holman deal was only a loose agreement - which probably wouldn't carry over should we get a new manager.

At long last theres a bit of momentum building regarding Mcleish going

Do you know what'll be really annoying as well? If by some miracle we do stay up, by other results going in our favour; he'll be there, all cheers and jumping up and down and celebrating like it was some massive achievement to keep the club in the league.

In his interview he'll tell the world what an incredible job he's done with a squad of kids to keep us in this league and will turn it around to save his reputation and the media will probably fall for it.

also off topic slightly but i love the way word removed has become almost worse in conotation than the words it is meant to represent. that is some evolution of english language which mcleish has pioneered on the old VT t'interweb.

Â