The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Not sure you can say it was excellent, an excellent game plan wins a game.

It wasn't bad though. You almost nicked a draw. Opening up against us can lead to big scorelines. McLeish was just hoping to keep it close and get a goal.

Don't get me wrong, I never rated McLeish at all. But when it works for Moyes he's a genius, and when it fails for McLeish he's a terrible manager. That's football.

Defending a goal lead better than defending a nil-nil but neither of them are good game plans. The Villa fans know this to be the case, the amount of times over the last few years that we have defended 1-0 leads for the majority of games only to eventually crumble under the pressure, it doesn't bear thinking about. It simply isn't a good gameplan for any football club to invite pressure on, it's incredibly risky, especially for a club like ours at the moment where our defence are atrocious and costing us from an alarming amount of stupid mistakes.

Aside from that, and granted I know we were playing Man City today, but we were the home team, and the fans are all against Mcleish already. It's hardly the right time to go out and play defensive, especially when you've been throwing out various quotes to the media rubbishing that you're a defensive manager.

Believe it or not, most Villa fans knew the chances of us winning today were slim. Mcleish could have at least made fewer enemies by going out and having a go. Norwich and Swansea go out and have a go for crying out loud, look where it gets them.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent Gameplan?!!!

HA

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dwight Yorke called it right. That was completely unacceptable and McLeish is a disaster of an appointment. Where's that idiot Krulak now and his "4th, sorry, I meant 5th" comments.

I probably would, because then I'd have to watch it on a weekly basis and be fed up with it.

Just saying, objectively it has worked more than once this season against us. Sunderland got a win out of it too.

It's probably the most consistently successful strategy against us from clubs outside the top 4.

You're still getting 'defend deep and attack on the break' mixed up with 'defend deep and wait for the final whistle'.

Not trying to be argumentative here, but I was shitting it the last 10 minutes.

My squeaky bum is evidence you did not just wait for the final whistle. :lol:

Not sure you can say it was excellent, an excellent game plan wins a game.

It wasn't bad though. You almost nicked a draw. Opening up against us can lead to big scorelines. McLeish was just hoping to keep it close and get a goal.

Don't get me wrong, I never rated McLeish at all. But when it works for Moyes he's a genius, and when it fails for McLeish he's a terrible manager. That's football.

Defending a goal lead better than defending a nil-nil but neither of them are good game plans. The Villa fans know this to be the case, the amount of times over the last few years that we have defended 1-0 leads for the majority of games only to eventually crumble under the pressure, it doesn't bear thinking about. It simply isn't a good gameplan for any football club to invite pressure on, it's incredibly risky, especially for a club like ours at the moment where our defence are atrocious and costing us from an alarming amount of stupid mistakes.

Aside from that, and granted I know we were playing Man City today, but we were the home team, and the fans are all against Mcleish already. It's hardly the right time to go out and play defensive, especially when you've been throwing out various quotes to the media rubbishing that you're a defensive manager.

Believe it or not, most Villa fans knew the chances of us winning today were slim. Mcleish could have at least made fewer enemies by going out and having a go. Norwich and Swansea go out and have a go for crying out loud, look where it gets them.

Woudnt it be nice to see them come out and try to win!Mcleish acts as if the opposition coming to Villa park as a god given right to pin us back in to our own half.

Excellent Gameplan?!!!

HA

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Way to stretch the page.

Excellent Gameplan?!!!

HA

Way to stretch the page.

Copy & Paste 8)

Another day, another game, another piss poor 'performance'. Fed up of seeing us meekly surrender possession and get slaughtered for 90 minutes. Citeh didn't have get out of 3rd gear for most of that game. I **** hate Gary Neville, but he nailed it after about 15 minutes when he said that we weren't pressuring Man City at all, we were giving them far too much time and space, and content to sit with 11 men behind the ball.

My biggest concern is that we've got some promising players at this club and his negative tactics ineptness could potentially wreck their careers, not to mention send the club down.

Excellent Gameplan?!!!

HA

Way to stretch the page.

Indeed, that's annoyed me almost as much as Heskey on the wing

I still can't believe that really happened

Not trying to be argumentative here, but I was shitting it the last 10 minutes.

My squeaky bum is evidence you did not just wait for the final whistle. :lol:

That was because we were trailing 0-1, as we had been for the previous twenty minutes without fightback. The gameplan up until you scored certainly seemed to be 'wait for the whistle' since it carried on the same way well past the point when we went a goal down.

Also it's generous to say that it was the last '10 minutes'. The couple of corners and the goalmouth scramble that were all we achieved, all seemed to happen in the last 5 minutes, inclusive of 3 minutes injury time, to my reckoning.

That interview was embarrassing, he almost went KKK Dalglish on the interviewer. If we are not about 12 points off the relegation battle after the next 4 games, he might actually explode.

Â