The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Worst home record since 1987, how do you change that?"

"Win the next one"

"How do you do that?"

"Cough, splutter, erm, wibble, well, you see, erm...hatstand."

What a complete and utter wazzock.

Is that what he said!? What a ****, clueless word removed!

My piss is boiling! I wish I'd have got involved with the protests now.

Not sure you can say it was excellent, an excellent game plan wins a game.

It wasn't bad though. You almost nicked a draw. Opening up against us can lead to big scorelines. McLeish was just hoping to keep it close and get a goal.

Don't get me wrong, I never rated McLeish at all. But when it works for Moyes he's a genius, and when it fails for McLeish he's a terrible manager. That's football.

I think you'd change your tune if you had McLeish managing your club.

He is making the same mistake as Houllier did against City. This is the sort of ideas and mentality that will swing people that has decided to give him the whole season to see what he can do.

I'm starting to tend toward the McLeish out side, even though I all season has said I'll wait until the end of the season to make up my mind about him.

How a manager can justify his reasoning for putting that crap on a pitch is beyond me,this has to end sooner than later i just hope its not too late for this team to avoid relegation.Alex mcleish should walk away from this club and randy can go with him for all i care.

whilst i'm pissed off we didn't give it a go till too late, we looked pretty solid for a change with the changes he made at the back.

if we'd have brought on ireland and zog at 0-0 and gone for it after an hour we might have got something more out of the game.

if we'd have been too open right from the start we could have gone down by 5 like newcastle yesterday. we need to build on what was a solid performance for the most part today and find a balance between that and the attacking intent we showed against qpr and newcastle (where in the first half we looked very dangerous)

it was good to see gardner get a full game under his belt in what i hope will be the first of many. as has been said here the next 5 games are huge for us and we need to get at least 7 points from them. then we can take stock in the summer and move forward.

disappointing we didn't go for it sooner, but getting to half time at 0-0 was a much improved defensive display from us. AM made a mistake in not getting zog and ireland on sooner, but if bent's effort hadn't been miraculously saved by hart we woudl have had a point for our efforts today.

Spot on there. Although it was negative again there were some plus points from the game. I thought collins and dunne were good and cuellar is 10x the player warnock is even at lb! Few things to build on from that game

It wasn't bad though. You almost nicked a draw. Opening up against us can lead to big scorelines. McLeish was just hoping to keep it close and get a goal.

Don't get me wrong, I never rated McLeish at all. But when it works for Moyes he's a genius, and when it fails for McLeish he's a terrible manager. That's football.

1. No, I wouldn't cross the road to watch Everton, and don't like Moyes.

2. Everton have nowhere near the quality of attacking players we have- unfortunately Mcleish will indeed soon see to that though.

I just don't understand the thought process of playing Heskey at right wing. To be fair to McLeish putting Cuellar at left back to deal with Johnson cutting in worked really well so it shows they did put some planning into it. But how the donald did he end up picking Heskey on the right wing? What on earth was he going to offer the team, especially when Ireland and N'Zogbia had contributed a fair bit in recent weeks. The football was utter shite and two steps back after a bit of improvement. He really has not helped himself today which is a shame as I do genuinely hope he does well for the club.

Within 10 minutes, even the commentators had already identified how different our performance was from that of Everton. Not all defensive tactics are alike.

whilst i'm pissed off we didn't give it a go till too late, we looked pretty solid for a change with the changes he made at the back.

if we'd have brought on ireland and zog at 0-0 and gone for it after an hour we might have got something more out of the game.

if we'd have been too open right from the start we could have gone down by 5 like newcastle yesterday. we need to build on what was a solid performance for the most part today and find a balance between that and the attacking intent we showed against qpr and newcastle (where in the first half we looked very dangerous)

it was good to see gardner get a full game under his belt in what i hope will be the first of many. as has been said here the next 5 games are huge for us and we need to get at least 7 points from them. then we can take stock in the summer and move forward.

disappointing we didn't go for it sooner, but getting to half time at 0-0 was a much improved defensive display from us. AM made a mistake in not getting zog and ireland on sooner, but if bent's effort hadn't been miraculously saved by hart we woudl have had a point for our efforts today.

Spot on there. Although it was negative again there were some plus points from the game. I thought collins and dunne were good and cuellar is 10x the player warnock is even at lb! Few things to build on from that game

Their was absolutely nothing there to build on!We played a game not to lose at home on our pitch,it was so negative it was embarrasing!To come and out and say the back two did good because we only lost 1-0 is ridiculous,the overall match plan was a disgrace and all Villa fans should be embarrassed by that performance!

sorry this was a double post! (connection went).

dunno how a solid defense is nothign to build on, we were playing against a team that has scored for fun this season and didn't look like leaking a bucket load like we have done a lot this season.

He has stated his creed once and for all. For any who hadn't seen enough already.

1. Don't Lose

2. Take it from there - if you must.

Not for me Mr Mcleish - not only is it not a succesful strategy, it is incredibly dull, and mightiliy embarrasing.

Please go and take your 'excellent strategy' with you.

I think you'd change your tune if you had McLeish managing your club.

I probably would, because then I'd have to watch it on a weekly basis and be fed up with it.

Just saying, objectively it has worked more than once this season against us. Sunderland got a win out of it too.

It's probably the most consistently successful strategy against us from clubs outside the top 4. Stay narrow, don't concede, don't be adventurous until the 75th minute after we've exhausted ourselves against a brick wall.

McLeish has just told Sky that he thought the gameplan for today was excellent.

That's right. Excellent.

What **** game plan? keep smashing the ball from defence to attack?? biggest load of garbage I've seen. He spends more time worrying about the opposition than how we play. What a clown!!

What concerns me is if we do manage to stay up. He will completely decimate the team in the summer by getting rid of the creative players for completely average championship players that will play his tune and I for one will not support this clearing in the woods anymore-not that I ever truly did. And for all those saying 'It's not his fault,Give him time, blah ,blah.blah'. Your all sheep and part of the problem!!! This prat will not wake up tomorrow and turn into Fergie or Moyes. THIS IS IT, ASK THE NOSES!!!

Can someone please post a poll on Mcleish in or out and lets see the percentages? :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

The game plan was excellent. The game plan was to frustrate City, defend like lions and win the game 1-0 after scoring in the 93rd minute.

Such a thin margin for error and a silly gamble to make. MON and AM were both fools for trying it, MON got lucky whereas AM got what he deserved.

I probably would, because then I'd have to watch it on a weekly basis and be fed up with it.

Just saying, objectively it has worked more than once this season against us. Sunderland got a win out of it too.

It's probably the most consistently successful strategy against us from clubs outside the top 4.

You're still getting 'defend deep and attack on the break' mixed up with 'defend deep and wait for the final whistle'.

Â