The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Wouldn't it be good if the Men In Black neutraliser was real, and we could erase McLeish from our memories...and all the horrible football that we had to endure as well.

Personally I don't think he should have been given a pay off. He missed all of his targets and let everyone down, he should have been fired without compensation for doing a terrible job. Unfortunately, that's not the way contract work works...

Anyway, new leaf, new season, new players (possibly)...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to be gracious when you're swanning off with a minimum of three million **** pounds. What a joke of a manager. And what a joke of a decision to appoint him. Not one person in the football thought "Ooo, Villa have done well there." EVERYONE said what a weird one it was, and that he'd have to work very hard. He didn't, he just did what he normally does and managed badly.

He probably got more as well. God I hate modern football.

Gordon Strachan, what he did at Boro was something to shout about, knew they couldn't afford to sack him, so tore up his contract and turned down any pay off.

Exactly. I just don't buy this "he's a really nice decent genuine guy crap". If he was so decent he would have left without a pay-off.

Not one person in the football thought "Ooo, Villa have done well there." EVERYONE said what a weird one it was, and that he'd have to work very hard.

Not true. Fergie thought it was a great appointment :D

Exactly. I just don't buy this "he's a really nice decent genuine guy crap". If he was so decent he would have left without a pay-off.

But that would be an admission that he'd not done the job he was hired for.

Despite the facts pointing otherwise, I honestly believe McLeish thought he was doing a good job.

But that would be an admission that he'd not done the job he was hired for.

Despite the facts pointing otherwise, I honestly believe McLeish thought he was doing a good job.

I think deep down he knew the job he did wasn't anywhere near acceptable.

. I think it was reported (or assumed) that he was on about £3m per year. We sacked him with 2 years of his contract left. So that'd indicate £6m to cover his wages for the remainder of the contract.

Your figures are not even close

. I think it was reported (or assumed) that he was on about £3m per year. We sacked him with 2 years of his contract left. So that'd indicate £6m to cover his wages for the remainder of the contract.

Any idea what the correct figures are, at least approximately?

Any idea what the correct figures are, at least approximately?

His salary was 20k per week

Not sure on compo but I was led to believe it was going to be minimal

That may have been me. I think it was reported (or assumed) that he was on about £3m per year. We sacked him with 2 years of his contract left. So that'd indicate £6m to cover his wages for the remainder of the contract. Don't think it'd be any less than his remaining wages, as he clearly didn't want to leave but was pushed.

Thanks 'heystally' for coming back to me.

6m sounds an awful lot though. Didn't someone suggest on here that there was a clause in his contract to reach 40 points and because he didn't, then that would have affected his compensation?

If we have paid him 6m then that will make an awful dent in our summer transfer budget!

Just hope it was closer to 2m than the 6m?

It's easy to be gracious when you're swanning off with a minimum of three million **** pounds. What a joke of a manager. And what a joke of a decision to appoint him. Not one person in the football thought "Ooo, Villa have done well there." EVERYONE said what a weird one it was, and that he'd have to work very hard. He didn't, he just did what he normally does and managed badly.

Gordon Strachan, what he did at Boro was something to shout about, knew they couldn't afford to sack him, so tore up his contract and turned down any pay off.

I wouldn't be so rash if I were AM. He's taken one of the 7 or 8 biggest clubs in the country and nearly got them relegated, playing football that was universally regarded as dull to watch. His career prospects are not great from this point. He needs all the money he can get, and unlike Boro, RL can afford a mill or two to pay for the mistake of hiring him in the first place.

I wouldn't be so rash if I were AM. He's taken one of the 7 or 8 biggest clubs in the country and nearly got them relegated, playing football that was universally regarded as dull to watch. His career prospects are not great from this point. He needs all the money he can get, and unlike Boro, RL can afford a mill or two to pay for the mistake of hiring him in the first place.
Yeah but the job he did was totally unacceptable. He knows that. He also knows the financial situation we're in. Now I don't begrudge him that much for taking the money as I think most would do the same, I just don't think he can be called "a genuinely nice bloke" either.

That fuckwitt Faulkner should follow him out the door for sanctioning the most ridiculous managerial appointment in history.

I mean, every one but every one (bar SAF as someone pointed out) could see that this was NEVER, EVER going to work. Yet a CEO of a top Premiership football demonstrated gross incompatence by appointing this moron?

Surely PF is more to blame than anyone else here? Be gone with you Paul you tit

Just checked out some manager sppecials. It is fabulous to see his name in the list of potential managers for other clubs

In the same way Emile Heskey is in the list of managers for ours on William Hill. He's got no chance too :)

Â