The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Lambert is the perfect manager to replace McLeish. He'd probably even command lower wages.

He's a European Cup winner with Dortmund, he's an up and coming manager with a similar ability to get the best out of players as he who must not be named/VoldeMON etc.

Lambert could be our Moyes.

I really struggle to see why people wouldn't want him as manager.

Presumably it's because he's not a big name (yet) or because he's doing well this season therefore might be a "one season wonder".

Possibly. But for now we have a "no season wonder".

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert is the perfect manager to replace McLeish. He'd probably even command lower wages.

He's a European Cup winner with Dortmund, he's an up and coming manager with a similar ability to get the best out of players as he who must not be named/VoldeMON etc.

Presumably it's because he's not a big name (yet) or because he's doing well this season therefore might be a "one season wonder".

Indeed. :(

I think that this thread proves once and for all what a ludicrous appointment McLeish was.

We were all led to believe that with 'better' players, his reputation at SHA for being a defensive manager wouldn't count for anything. He had to set them up defensively as they were a newly-promoted side - I get that, and it made sense.

But he has integrated the same mentality here. Defensive, drab football that is painful to watch with 2-3 goalscoring chances a game - if we are lucky. Sometimes we have struggled to have a shot on target all game.

Over the season, there have been many people in the media who have all stated the same - McLeish is too negative, defensive, playing players of of position etc. etc.

Dig a little further back than SHA and you will fine he is despised by fans of most of the clubs he has managed. He has spent fortunes and delivered shit football, then to add insult to injury, walked out and leave his clubs in the shit financially.

Motherwell had financial problems after a McLeish spending spree, so did Hibs, look at Rangers now, Small Heath, and if we are relegated we could go into financial meltdown.

There can be no defending the man any longer. He has to go.

MCLEISH OUT

B-b-but he's a nice man eye_rolling_smiley.gif

McLeish out for Lambert..... yes. ****. please.

Unfortunately.... Lawro still thinks Liverpool are good.... and looking at his MOTD wardrobe his judgement leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Also, as much as I'd love to get Lambert, we'd not only have to pay Norwich off, we'd have to pay McLeish off as well. Thus leaving no money for players, thus **** us over for another season.

:(

Lawro just made my day.

I have been reading his predictions for a long time now and in fairness I don’t ever remember him commenting on speculation before. I really hope there’s something in it.

Still even if its pure bull it indicates that the media are starting to realise McLeish has been a disaster....can’t be long before Randy cops it!

:D

What I hear from people about Lambert is that he is very tactically aware. Switching play and formation mid match to adapt to the opposition. This is what a Norwich fan has been telling me, anyway.

Indeed. :(

I think that this thread proves once and for all what a ludicrous appointment McLeish was.

We were all led to believe that with 'better' players, his reputation at SHA for being a defensive manager wouldn't count for anything. He had to set them up defensively as they were a newly-promoted side - I get that, and it made sense.

But he has integrated the same mentality here. Defensive, drab football that is painful to watch with 2-3 goalscoring chances a game - if we are lucky. Sometimes we have struggled to have a shot on target all game.

Over the season, there have been many people in the media who have all stated the same - McLeish is too negative, defensive, playing players of of position etc. etc.

Dig a little further back than SHA and you will fine he is despised by fans of most of the clubs he has managed. He has spent fortunes and delivered shit football, then to add insult to injury, walked out and leave his clubs in the shit financially.

Motherwell had financial problems after a McLeish spending spree, so did Hibs, look at Rangers now, Small Heath, and if we are relegated we could go into financial meltdown.

There can be no defending the man any longer. He has to go.

MCLEISH OUT

B-b-but he's a nice man eye_rolling_smiley.gif

I would say that McLeish's only saving grace is that he comes across as simple.

I hate the man, I really do.

What I hear from people about Lambert is that he is very tactically aware. Switching play and formation mid match to adapt to the opposition. This is what a Norwich fan has been telling me, anyway.

And Norwich just outplayed Spurs at White Hart Lane further demonstrating his tactical ability. But we wouldn't want that sort of Elite-club beating mentality down at Villa Park.

And Norwich just outplayed Spurs at White Hart Lane further demonstrating his tactical ability. But we wouldn't want that sort of Elite-club beating mentality down at Villa Park.

That assessment is exactly right.

I spoke to a Norwich fan I knew from uni last year and he said that every substitute that lambert makes matters. He said they nearly always changed the game.

It wasn't just a 60th minute like for like swap, it was always a tactical decision and it always effected the game.

As I've said before, Lambert is like MON with tactics. Not only doe she motivate a, with no disrespect to them, pretty poor bunch of players on paper to play above their ability, but he also uses his tactical awareness to be even better than that.

I predict big things for Lambert in the future. i'd love it if he achieved those with us.

I actually liked the way Lambert showed no fear with his team selection at WHL and didn't feel the need to play a defender on the wing

If only our manager had some **** balls and didn't treat them like the second coming of Barcelona

Randy Lerner has put us in a position where we can't afford to pay Mcleish off let alone compensation to another club.

If somehow we do sack Mcleish we will only go for out of work replacements IMO.

Just can't see more money being spent on managers after £12 million on MOn and houllier and even more to Birmingham and Mcleish.

I'd rather spend £5m changing managers than, say, on a replacement left back for the season.

We'll survive without that extra player. We might not survive with the same manager

Alex Mcleish as the victim of circumstance is an interesting one

Got a call from an old friend

We used to be real close

Said he couldn't go on the American way

Closed the shop, sold the house

Bought a ticket to the North East Coast

Now he gives them a stand-up routine in S.A.

I don't need you to manage my club cause we're alright

I don't want you to tell me it's time to lose at home

I don't care what you say anymore, this is my club

Go ahead with your own life, leave us alone

I never said we had to offer you a second chance

I never said you was a victim of circumstance

You dont still belong, don't get me wrong

You can speak your mind

But not on at my club

lawro thinks lambert is being lined up in summer.

please god let this be true

Any more info...? I'm surprised he stopped bleating about Liverpool for 5 minutes. Link!
Link is here - just click
Man Utd v Aston Villa (1600 BST)

Manchester United were extremely poor in their defeat by Wigan but as we know well by now, you very rarely see two successive under-par performances from them, let alone back-to-back losses.

And, having seen quite a bit of Aston Villa recently, I just cannot see them posing Manchester United any problems.

So I think it is a case of seeing how quickly United score the first goal - I think that is the most important thing in these kind of games - and I don't think they will have to wait too long.

I can understand why teams go to Old Trafford and sit back while defending in numbers but, for me, if you are not threatening the goal at the other end then that approach is always going to end in tears.

Villa's tactics have generally been negative all season. Manager Alex McLeish always seems to play one too many defensive-minded players.

They have got loads of young players coming through, which is fantastic for them, but that does not mean anyone would realistically tip them to get even a point here.

Sir Alex Ferguson rested Paul Scholes against Wigan and United definitely missed him. He is the continuity player for them in terms of getting the ball and releasing it quickly - every single pass he makes, he tries to go forwards.

Scholes' range of passing is obviously fantastic too and he is also a big influence on the rest of the team, because he doesn't panic under pressure. I am sure he will be back this weekend.

Villa are already in a relegation battle that has echoes of what happened to McLeish last season when he was in charge at Birmingham and could not stop them sliding out of the top flight.

But I think they will be alright. They play Sunderland and Bolton at home in their next two games and they have to be looking for four points from those fixtures, which would be enough to keep them up.

What will be interesting is what happens at Villa Park in the summer, and it depends on how their owner Randy Lerner views the job that McLeish has done.

There has been a lot of talk linking Norwich boss Paul Lambert to the Villa job and, in terms of their facilities and the young players they have coming through, managers will look at Villa and think that with some good buying and selling, they could take them to the top half.

So I still think they are an attractive proposition, it's just that their owner has decided he is not going to spend £25m every year just to finish 10th.

Prediction: 3-0

Thanks for the link. I must have missed all this talk linking us to Lambert. I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned outside of Villa forums. The thing I like about Lambert is he's not McLeish.

Fergie giving his support in the press, usually means "Alex do us a favour..."
**** off Ferguson you red faced word removed.

And just read this:

The Villa fans have not exactly taken McLeish to their hearts due to his association with bitter rivals Birmingham.
rocket polishers. Why are the media continuing to ignore the real reasons behind our dislike for McLeish?

with some good buying and selling, they could take them to the top half.

The top half? Really? Well gee whizz I never thought I'd see the day *rolly eyes*

Also, as much as I'd love to get Lambert, we'd not only have to pay Norwich off, we'd have to pay McLeish off as well. Thus leaving no money for players, thus **** us over for another season.

:(

TBH I wouldn't be to concerned about the pay off's, it would be worth it. I feel that with some of squad we have he would get more out of them than the current clearing in the woods in charge.

I also now am at the point of hating Mcleish and listening to the crap he spouts boils my piss

Â